MikeK
HAM Competitor
What slugs (size, weight and speed) are you using in your Western Rattler .357? Just got mine so I can't be much help at this time. Thanks! Mike
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks AOA ROB! New question; Will AOA be offering adapters for after-market Moderators to fit the newest version of the .357 Rattler? The M14 x 1 barrel thread is a tough one. At the moment I'm using an AEA M14 x 1 adapter and an DonnyFL Emperor but can't utilize the factory shroud. Thanks MikeThe 172 grain High Arc hunters are what we use to advertise energy levels. They are very accurate as well.
Rob.
Hello Rob, thanks for this information. Unfortunately I wasn't successful at finding it on the AoA website. Can you indicate the precise url for this adapter? Thanks.Western offers an adapter now.
Rob.
@MikeK That would depend upon what your goals are. Do you have a minimum power requirement? How far are you trying to shoot? Are you punching paper, shooting steel, or trying to kill something?What slugs (size, weight and speed) are you using in your Western Rattler .357? Just got mine so I can't be much help at this time. Thanks! Mike
I've gone through 30 - 40 different type and weight slugs and I keep coming back to 81g JSBs for accuracy under 100 yards."Western Ratller.357 Accuracy Test pt.2 Mr.Hollow point" by Michigan Airgunner
@MikeK All slugs are true .357: NSA 110 grain HP-FB around 875-880 fps, Griffin 140 grain HP-RBT around 810 fps, some 145 grainers that I swaged around 800-810 fps. All grouped pretty well with reg set at 140 bar. What else have you tried so far?
@MikeK Of those, which slugs, weights, and velocities stood out to you with acceptable repeatable accuracy?I've gone through 30 - 40 different type and weight slugs and I keep coming back to 81g JSBs for accuracy under 100 yards.
172 grain High Arc hunters seem to do well as reported by others but I have not found my magic slug. Most probably user error but I would like to try a different barrel dedicated to slugs when/if something comes available.
We'd be interested in what your settings are, and the speed (fps) and power level (pfe) snd what is the regulator pressure setting. I'd bet that it likes a longer rebated boat tail slug and some "distance" to spin stabilize.172 grain High Arc hunters seem to do well as reported by others but I have not found my magic slug. Most probably user error but I would like to try a different barrel dedicated to slugs when/if something comes available.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.