Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ghost Thinking of going .177 for slugs

My Ghost is a .25 now, but I have been thinking about going to .177 and shooting 20gr slugs. I had heard the 28” barrel would shoot them accurately?
Lol my brain has run this same line of thought😂

My .22 slug barrel is supposed to be on the (slow) boat to Canada. From what I've read (very little out there, mostly on Ham) the 25gr Jsb Slugs and the heavy Alteros work well out of the .22 L.W. barrel. Brk/Daystate test their guns with Jsb made lead so no big surprise there....I have no interest in the heavies, I hope to shoot 21 to 33 gr high expansion slugs quick, I pest birds mostly up to 100Y.
A .177 slugger would definitely work for this as well and the .177 L.W. slug barrel is a proven winner.
Why am I dead set on a .22 slugger?
The MASSIVE selection of slugs, and that sweet B.C. I have plenty of slugs ready to go for testing from Zan, H&N, Jsb, Patriot...
My Ghost has been solid and has the power to send slugs....just need a barrel for it now.
At this point I will be testing slugs indoors @50Y over winter as Starling "season" is pretty much over here.
 
Lol my brain has run this same line of thought😂

My .22 slug barrel is supposed to be on the (slow) boat to Canada. From what I've read (very little out there, mostly on Ham) the 25gr Jsb Slugs and the heavy Alteros work well out of the .22 L.W. barrel. Brk/Daystate test their guns with Jsb made lead so no big surprise there....I have no interest in the heavies, I hope to shoot 21 to 33 gr high expansion slugs quick, I pest birds mostly up to 100Y.
A .177 slugger would definitely work for this as well and the .177 L.W. slug barrel is a proven winner.
Why am I dead set on a .22 slugger?
The MASSIVE selection of slugs, and that sweet B.C. I have plenty of slugs ready to go for testing from Zan, H&N, Jsb, Patriot...
My Ghost has been solid and has the power to send slugs....just need a barrel for it now.
At this point I will be testing slugs indoors @50Y over winter as Starling "season" is pretty much over here.
Look forward to your testing results. I don’t really want to shoot the heavies either but it’s a possibility if the lighter ones don’t work. I didn’t know the JSB 25gr was a option with the 2b slug barrel, cool.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top