Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Others Pathfinder XR an under appreciated gem…

Luis Leon

Master HAMster
Country flag
IMG_1508.webpIMG_1611.webpWhen I first received my Ghost Carbine, for a while I thought my Pathfinder was in jeopardy of being sold. Then I downsized the scope and fell in love again. The Pathfinder is but a smaller Commander or Sniper XR. With the TP on low, sending CPHPs, it has been stellar from 25 to 64 yards. Sure kills on small rodents out tp 50 yards. My groups at 25 yards with CPHPs when “I’m” on point? Simply… 💥💥💥 And while I really like my Ghost Carbine she is a portly gal, even in its carbine configuration… I have an Athlon Helos 6-24x50 atop which adds mucho weight. Am still in the process of sussing out da Ghost. The Pathfinder is an under appreciated, seriously capable PCP, first shot this morning? Dead on, second shot after an eight hour workday? Dead on… Am lucky that my trinity is composed of two Atomics, a Ghost and Pathfinder… So I get to contrast them at will. At the moment the Ghost is struggling to find it place in my repertoire… When the Pathfinder had the Aztec Emerald 6-24x50 it was simply too portly as opposed to the sweet WHT 3-12x44 it currently sports…
 
I am really impressed with how small the Ghost looks compared to the Pathfinder, not bulky at all. Very nice guns you've got there. BRK should be compensating you for all the advertising you do for them too. Good job!
plus one
I like those short guns and seeing this just makes me want a ghost a little more.
 
Last edited:
I am really impressed with how small the Ghost looks compared to the Pathfinder, not bulky at all. Very nice guns you've got there. BRK should be compensating you for all the advertising you do for them too. Good job!
My Ghost is destined for a smaller scope, the Pathfinder appears bulkier because of the stacked guages… As for the BRK lineup? They simply reinforce each other, high quality, reliable PCPs as experienced by many other shooters…🙏
 
My Ghost fits in my collection as plain and simply the 'king'. It's the shortest of my 4, is the only non wood stocked, by far makes the most power, and it's just a joy to dump feather and fur alike not wondering if it will get the job done. In fact I have once or twice put it away and grabbed the TX or S510 for closer range (sparrow) pesting with the less expensive ammo that they both shoot. As much fun as I have shooting my brother's .22LR occasionally I will never buy one myself...I have the Ghost making 57FPE....Zero need for one. On paper the .22LR makes more power don't get me wrong, but real world testing inside 100Y? Hard to tell the difference!!
 
My Ghost fits in my collection as plain and simply the 'king'. It's the shortest of my 4, is the only non wood stocked, by far makes the most power, and it's just a joy to dump feather and fur alike not wondering if it will get the job done. In fact I have once or twice put it away and grabbed the TX or S510 for closer range (sparrow) pesting with the less expensive ammo that they both shoot. As much fun as I have shooting my brother's .22LR occasionally I will never buy one myself...I have the Ghost making 57FPE....Zero need for one. On paper the .22LR makes more power don't get me wrong, but real world testing inside 100Y? Hard to tell the difference!!
What caliber is your Ghost and what’s your setup to achieve that sweet 57 FPE? That’s .22 short rimfire ballistics…
 
Last edited:
What caliber is your Ghost and what’s your setup to achieve that sweet 57 FPE? That’s .22 short rimfire ballistics…
Heaviest .22 ammo I have is 30gr slugs and on max she'll push em 925ish fps. But as you have heard accuracy is 💩 with em. I have it set on H.W. 15 shooting the 25.39Mrds @ 975fps which is 53fpe. Basically a 'set and forget' setting unless I'm testing Ammo or playing around. I have no intention of touching anything on it till I get a compressor! She keeps up with many .25cal pcps in the power department.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top