Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Why do we keep spending more?

Hylander

HAM Sniper
283
984
HAM Points
1,740.00
Country flag
Ok,
Why do spend as much or more for upgrades than the gun?
Case in point.
I paid under $450 for my Zelos new.
But have bought two types of moderators, bipod, bottle adapter, extra filter for the pump.
Then of course a different scope mount, even though I already had one that would work.
Now I'll be ordering another set if rings, a 500cc bottle, a bottle wrap with the rail. Lots more different pellets to try, even though I already have plenty that shoot Awesome.
Plus I bought a Crosman 2240 and Marauder grip frame and a few other assorted items.
And I'm already looking at maybe another rifle.
You all did this to me!
Where does all it end?
HELP!
I think I need a hug.
 
Ok,
Why do spend as much or more for upgrades than the gun?
Case in point.
I paid under $450 for my Zelos new.
But have bought two types of moderators, bipod, bottle adapter, extra filter for the pump.
Then of course a different scope mount, even though I already had one that would work.
Now I'll be ordering another set if rings, a 500cc bottle, a bottle wrap with the rail. Lots more different pellets to try, even though I already have plenty that shoot Awesome.
Plus I bought a Crosman 2240 and Marauder grip frame and a few other assorted items.
And I'm already looking at maybe another rifle.
You all did this to me!
Where does all it end?
HELP!
I think I need a hug.
@Hylander Just about everything you listed above can be used on other guns. I could see how this type of spending would be problematic if almost everything that you bought were custom-made parts for your Zelos.
 
Ok,
Why do spend as much or more for upgrades than the gun?
Case in point.
I paid under $450 for my Zelos new.
But have bought two types of moderators, bipod, bottle adapter, extra filter for the pump.
Then of course a different scope mount, even though I already had one that would work.
Now I'll be ordering another set if rings, a 500cc bottle, a bottle wrap with the rail. Lots more different pellets to try, even though I already have plenty that shoot Awesome.
Plus I bought a Crosman 2240 and Marauder grip frame and a few other assorted items.
And I'm already looking at maybe another rifle.
You all did this to me!
Where does all it end?
HELP!
I think I need a hug.
Well....if it helps, I remember seeing a decked out Impact m3 on a tripod on YT a while back and If i recall, the guy was saying it was a 12k rig all in! 🤯.....so if you think about that, you're probably doing just fine😎
Im teetering on the edge with my Brk ghost of dumping a bunch of coin in it or buy something else (no the Ghosts not going anywhere) to shoot slugs. I bought a grip and now the buttstock is getting upgraded. Its all been cheap add-ons up till now....but a barrel to shoot slugs will cost a ton! Alot of these "platform guns" are money traps😂
Then lol, it'll need a bigger case, and if it shoots slugs well, a better scope perhaps.......yup, you're right there's no bottom to this. Spend inside your means, take it slow, and enjoy!
 
It ends with selling everything and just shooting rim fires. I’m almost there I dumped almost everything except a Talon P in .25. I was so far in I don’t know how I came out as far as I did. It was dark in there.
Mike, you simply went too far, too fast… You went through what? At least half a dozen or more top end PCPs in less than two years. You were bound to be disappointed because you were simply chasing. For myself the gun is it, don’t want to add doodads. Just scope it, add a moderator and go shoot. Also having realistic expectations of what you as the individual wants out of an airgun helps much. For me the advantage of simply shooting in my backyard anytime I want outweigh the negatives. My experience with PCPs has all been good excepting for my first HPA compressor and a Reximex RP pistol. That said, I would never spend as much, or more in goodies that cost more than the actual gun…
 
Mike, you simply went too far, too fast… You went through what? At least half a dozen or more top end PCPs in less than two years. You were bound to be disappointed because you were simply chasing. For myself the gun is it, don’t want to add doodads. Just scope it, add a moderator and go shoot. Also having realistic expectations of what you as the individual wants out of an airgun helps much. For me the advantage of simply shooting in my backyard anytime I want outweigh the negatives. My experience with PCPs has all been good excepting for my first HPA compressor and a Reximex RP pistol. That said, I would never spend as much, or more in goodies that cost more than the actual gun…
Yeah I literally killed it lol. Should’ve stuck with break barrels. I wouldn’t change a thing though
 
Thank you @Hylander for this thread 🙂, it has inspired a name.

I have been working most of the day with my Wolverine .177, I’ve disassembled it multiple times, adjusting, tuning, and tweaking. I’ve treated it with care as I try to make it shoot as good as I can.

I can definitely see more money being spent, so with that in mind, I have decided to give it the name “Honeypot”. 😁
 
Mike, you simply went too far, too fast… You went through what? At least half a dozen or more top end PCPs in less than two years. You were bound to be disappointed because you were simply chasing. For myself the gun is it, don’t want to add doodads. Just scope it, add a moderator and go shoot. Also having realistic expectations of what you as the individual wants out of an airgun helps much. For me the advantage of simply shooting in my backyard anytime I want outweigh the negatives. My experience with PCPs has all been good excepting for my first HPA compressor and a Reximex RP pistol. That said, I would never spend as much, or more in goodies that cost more than the actual gun…
Never is a long time, and there is stuff yet to come out that we can't even imagine yet. At least I hope that's the case!
 
Yes im sure there will be new guns coming out. I’m not buying into the BS. Good old guns work fine without complications.
This is the thing right here. You have guys that just want to take a gun out and shoot 25-30-50-100 yds you have would be gunsmiths tinkerers so many different ways of looking at airguns and nobodys really wrong but the sooner you find out where you fit in the happier you will be.
 
Ok,
Why do spend as much or more for upgrades than the gun?
Case in point.
I paid under $450 for my Zelos new.
But have bought two types of moderators, bipod, bottle adapter, extra filter for the pump.
Then of course a different scope mount, even though I already had one that would work.
Now I'll be ordering another set if rings, a 500cc bottle, a bottle wrap with the rail. Lots more different pellets to try, even though I already have plenty that shoot Awesome.
Plus I bought a Crosman 2240 and Marauder grip frame and a few other assorted items.
And I'm already looking at maybe another rifle.
You all did this to me!
Where does all it end?
HELP!
I think I need a hug.
It never ends brother. It's our addiction!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top