Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Whats a brand you wont own again

I never bought one but several people polished and reshaped the sear.

Still one of the best deals ever with that 20% discount. Last time I looked just the rifle available.
That is for the P-Force version. Maybe also the P-Pup. Nobody has complained about the trigger on the rifle that I have seen. I still argue it's the best of the 3, although I've only personally
I agree, the Niksan are just fine.
But I've seen complaints, usually the people that want 3 or 4 adjustments so they can create a trigger so sensitive a bump will cause it to fire. They expect all the adjustability of $2,500 guns on a $350 gun.

The early adopters over on AGN had some issues with the pinty trigger. Big issue with the pinty was they put weaver rails not picatinny on some of the guns.
I'm part of that group over there. "Air force clone"(P-Force) is the trigger concern.

The P-Pup has too narrow a rail, it is neither weaver or picatinny as the problem is it is 19mm wide instead of 21mm wide. The replacement rails they sent out are taller than the original, and screws are too short to properly secure it. Also at least one instance of shroud coming loose and gouging the barrel, but that's been a one off.

The only complaint with the P-Rifle (carbine) is dovetail and its oddball threads, which are M14.0x1. The Carbine has many magazines that it works with, we now have options for moderator installation, and it has a very light and buttery smooth trigger.
 
P-Force, that came about because on AGN I started a thread because I originally thought it was an Airforce knockoff not a Snowpeak M18 clone. Rob_In_NC started calling it P-Force, it stuck, and then Pinty liked it so much they started using it.
 
P-Force, that came about because on AGN I started a thread because I originally thought it was an Airforce knockoff not a Snowpeak M18 clone. Rob_In_NC started calling it P-Force, it stuck, and then Pinty liked it so much they started using it.
And now they use it for the whole lineup, but I stick to the original naming scheme of P-Force, P-Pup, and P-Rifle.
 
I agree, the Niksan are just fine.
But I've seen complaints, usually the people that want 3 or 4 adjustments so they can create a trigger so sensitive a bump will cause it to fire. They expect all the adjustability of $2,500 guns on a $350 gun.

The early adopters over on AGN had some issues with the pinty trigger. Big issue with the pinty was they put weaver rails not picatinny on some of the guns.
Yes. The trigger complaints were all on the Pinty AirForce copy. 8 and 9lb triggers seemed pretty common. One of the big airforce gurus got that worked out quick though. So other than being loud, even with the factory moderator, and even that issue was short lived, I haven't heard any complaints. Other than I shouldda gotten one myself to go along with the P-pup .
 
Yes. The trigger complaints were all on the Pinty AirForce copy. 8 and 9lb triggers seemed pretty common. One of the big airforce gurus got that worked out quick though. So other than being loud, even with the factory moderator, and even that issue was short lived, I haven't heard any complaints. Other than I shouldda gotten one myself to go along with the P-pup .
Troy Hammer, lead airgun smith for Pyramyd. Man does some incredible work and a lot of it for free to the community. Modified the sear if i remember correctly.

I had guns on pre-order when I discovered the pinty guns and posted the thread about the AF knockoff. So I didnt buy any. I dont think pinty was ready for the reaction from AGN and GTA. They sold out quick, especially with those 20% and 15% discounts. Decent guns from what everyone says. The AF type had some issues with cocking.

Eventually figured out it was a Snowpeak M18 knockoff. Which is an AF knockoff.

Bullpup was a Chilean(?) Company QM-23

Rifle was a Snowpeak M16 tube knockoff.

Probably all made in the same plant as Snowpeak (SPA).
 
Troy Hammer, lead airgun smith for Pyramyd. Man does some incredible work and a lot of it for free to the community. Modified the sear if i remember correctly.

I had guns on pre-order when I discovered the pinty guns and posted the thread about the AF knockoff. So I didnt buy any. I dont think pinty was ready for the reaction from AGN and GTA. They sold out quick, especially with those 20% and 15% discounts. Decent guns from what everyone says. The AF type had some issues with cocking.

Eventually figured out it was a Snowpeak M18 knockoff. Which is an AF knockoff.

Bullpup was a Chilean(?) Company QM-23

Rifle was a Snowpeak M16 tube knockoff.

Probably all made in the same plant as Snowpeak (SPA).
Well, I do love my P-Pup, that's a fact. It's dead nuts accurate, plenty powerful, and gets lots of shots per fill. My only complaint, if I even have one, is that it hates, hates CPHP. Figures, since I have maybe 30 tins of the US made. It loves the JTS 18 grains though, and got tons of those too.
Pinty did though publicly advertise more of the P-force rifles supposedly coming soon. And a month or so ago, while talking to customer service rep, they have another whole new line of rifles coming sometime this month. Should be interesting, seeing what they have next for us. One though, seems to be a Pinty specific caliber. Below the .177, unless he sent me a typo, which is possible since it came from China. It may very well be. 177. Hopefully that is the case anyway.
 
Well, I do love my P-Pup, that's a fact. It's dead nuts accurate, plenty powerful, and gets lots of shots per fill. My only complaint, if I even have one, is that it hates, hates CPHP. Figures, since I have maybe 30 tins of the US made. It loves the JTS 18 grains though, and got tons of those too.
Pinty did though publicly advertise more of the P-force rifles supposedly coming soon. And a month or so ago, while talking to customer service rep, they have another whole new line of rifles coming sometime this month. Should be interesting, seeing what they have next for us. One though, seems to be a Pinty specific caliber. Below the .177, unless he sent me a typo, which is possible since it came from China. It may very well be. 177. Hopefully that is the case anyway.
October for the new options, and multiple confirmations of new .175 caliber... 🙄 Curious to see if the restocked P-Force really do drop this month.
 
October for the new options, and multiple confirmations of new .175 caliber... 🙄 Curious to see if the restocked P-Force really do drop this month.
Just don't see that 175 cal ever flying here. Much less taking off. Crash and burn seems more likely. Sure was hoping that was a misprint. Oh well. Guess we will see.
 
October for the new options, and multiple confirmations of new .175 caliber... 🙄 Curious to see if the restocked P-Force really do drop this month.
Just don't see that 175 cal ever flying here. Much less
October for the new options, and multiple confirmations of new .175 caliber... 🙄 Curious to see if the restocked P-Force really do drop this month.
Ohhh, up till last night, Pinty did have the P-force rifles, new in box, for sale, but only on the Pinty ebay store. And it showed only 1 left in stock. Price, 299. No discounts available. I was a good boy, and let it slide.
 
Web site still has them for $259 and sign up for a 15% coupon

 
Web site still has them for $259 and sign up for a 15% coupon

Wrong rifle. The air force knock off.
 
And if they went back on sale again, today, I would be in the same boat as the first time. No room and new gun inbound.

Really have to consider getting rid of a few.
Heck yes. Same here. I put my Notos up couple days ago, and got 2 more thst gonna have to go as well. But I would and will sure get one of the pinty escape copy's if they do come out with more. Well, as long as it has the Cricket regulator like the 1st issue ones anyway. Know they good.
 
Heck yes. Same here. I put my Notos up couple days ago, and got 2 more thst gonna have to go as well. But I would and will sure get one of the pinty escape copy's if they do come out with more. Well, as long as it has the Cricket regulator like the 1st issue ones anyway. Know they good.
Big fan of Huben Power regulators. I was the one that confirmed that the Pinty regulators were not knockoffs. Everyone was wondering so I just emailed Nick Scott at Huben and asked.

I have to have at least a dozen various Huben regulators, Max-ATH, Dream Universal, Cricket and several U adapters. I have a bunch of the top half of Cricket regulators on my bench. The regulator 1/2 screws into Shan Bao 20CM and 40cm 3000psi tubes. 120 and 240cc plenums...
 
Big fan of Huben Power regulators. I was the one that confirmed that the Pinty regulators were not knockoffs. Everyone was wondering so I just emailed Nick Scott at Huben and asked.

I have to have at least a dozen various Huben regulators, Max-ATH, Dream Universal, Cricket and several U adapters. I have a bunch of the top half of Cricket regulators on my bench. The regulator 1/2 screws into Shan Bao 20CM and 40cm 3000psi tubes. 120 and 240cc plenums...
I take it the Shan Bao tubes are good ones then huh? Ohh and they make plenum as well? They make them both for a lot of the air rifle companys....or original manufacturers anyway?
 
Big fan of Huben Power regulators. I was the one that confirmed that the Pinty regulators were not knockoffs. Everyone was wondering so I just emailed Nick Scott at Huben and asked.

I have to have at least a dozen various Huben regulators, Max-ATH, Dream Universal, Cricket and several U adapters. I have a bunch of the top half of Cricket regulators on my bench. The regulator 1/2 screws into Shan Bao 20CM and 40cm 3000psi tubes. 120 and 240cc plenums...
Yep, I gonna have to hit you up with questions about these things. More I get into these things, want to ask somebody who knows the straight poop about them, cause I know enough just to be dangerous,lol.
 
I take it the Shan Bao tubes are good ones then huh? Ohh and they make plenum as well? They make them both for a lot of the air rifle companys....or original manufacturers anyway?
The tubes are good to 3000psi.
The 40cm tube holds 240cc of air
The 20cm tube holds 120cc of air.
The ends are threaded m28x1.0 which is the same thread as the regulator 1/2 of the Cricket.
The tubes come with m28 to M18x1.5 and M28 to M10x1.0 adapters.
Screw the reg in one end, screw the other into gun, tophat, m18 to G1/2-14
U adapter and bottle to the regulator.

I've posted the picture before, this is my AirForce 120cc set up.
20250704_133745.webp
 
The tubes are good to 3000psi.
The 40cm tube holds 240cc of air
The 20cm tube holds 120cc of air.
The ends are threaded m28x1.0 which is the same thread as the regulator 1/2 of the Cricket.
The tubes come with m28 to M18x1.5 and M28 to M10x1.0 adapters.
Screw the reg in one end, screw the other into gun, tophat, m18 to G1/2-14
U adapter and bottle to the regulator.

I've posted the picture before, this is my AirForce 120cc set up.
View attachment 14631
That, I like. Looks really good. What caliber is that one for? And what your regulator set at?
 
That, I like. Looks really good. What caliber is that one for? And what your regulator set at?
.25, the Max-ATH 50cc is plenty for my .22.
That said, both .25 have Max-ATH and the .22 has 120cc. I tend to move things around. I have several of these setups, 7, and they are all set for different regulator pressure. So I test various pressure, with different plenum and different pellets.

I've heard there can be issues with too much plenum, hysteresis of the regulator valve, causing inconsistent pressure. Which is why the .22 has 120cc. But I'm not seeing it. Jts 18gr 100 shots almost every one was 923 or 927fps.
 
I have nerve damage and I've always shook especially when trying to do fine work.Thank goodness for my Techs. Keep me away from soldering irons.

But PCP are pretty simple.
Air source
Valve
Hammer
Trigger
Barrel/pellet holder

I tear most of them down pretty regular.
Hatsans are pretty straight forward.
Even the semiautos.

I'll be tearing into my Gauntlet G30 this weekend.

I've never opened my AEA Terminator or my Snowpeak Max 1.

The Max because it is new and I'm waiting until those mechanical engineering types to finish their evaluation.

The Terminator just becase it has worked perfectly since day 1.
Would like to hear more about the Snowpeak Max 1. Maybe see some groups as well?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top