What'cha doing air gun related today?

Tried to do a hold test. Set up this cross at 50y, and using cphp . Trying to hold the scope crosshair dead on lined up on the cross to see I'd a click was needed or how flinching I was after about 4 cups worth ..🤤.

Only thing I did not do that I wanted to was set the scope to 10x. So it was at 8 for this .duaa ..

Kinda inconclusive due to a slight right to left whiffing of wind but elevation looked good . Just unsure on a click right or not ?
View attachment 5879

Wind whiffing
View attachment 5878
I battle this with my .177 TX constantly as well, it will be sighted in nicely and in its case it goes. Pull it out a week or 3 later annndd it's a bit right or something. Do I adjust windage,...hold different, is it wind, barrel, JSB pellets, too much coffee, not enough, the price of gasoline lately.....whhhhyyyy?? Then I calm down and leave it as is. I bought it and shot it through winter (mostly just above zero degrees here) Groups beautifully @ 30Y but it's always off a tad, then mysteriously the group starts heading towards the bulls ever so slowly. 🧐 You switch back and forth from irons to scope alot it seems on your guns eh?

My TX ALWAYS shot low right after sitting any time till I put 50 shots down range. 45 shots wouldn't do it. Never determined why and finally traded it. It was quite accurate. The transition from off to on was sudden though... never a slow movement. I've heard many similar stories and really can't see how it could happen.
My LGU and BSA Superstar do not do this and are equally accurate. I've had countless springers and know that sometimes we have a wake-up period to get settled but my TX was different. It was a Mk1 and had 8.4s going right at 900... same for my Superstar.

Fun stuff...
Bob

Last edited:
My TX ALWAYS shot low right after sitting any time till I put 50 shots down range. 45 shots wouldn't do it. Never determined why and finally traded it. It was quite accurate. The transition from off to on was sudden though... never a slow movement. I've heard many similar stories and really can't see how it could happen.
My LGU and BSA Superstar do not do this and are equally accurate. I've had countless springers and know that sometimes we have a wake-up period to get settled but my TX was different. It was a Mk1 and had 8.4s going right at 900... same for my Superstar.

Fun stuff...
Bob
Thats a scary revelation, thats about what I need to do for mine! Once my TX has 'warmed up' look out!! She don't miss. Some people will shoot a few rounds to get their pcps all happy, I need to do that for this springer 🤣. Included a picture of what the beautiful bugger does. Starts right and slowly heads towards the bull. Did it on both

Attachments

• 20240420_120123.jpg
    20240420_120123.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 5
I bumped into the case with my CZ200’s in them while I was preparing for all the weekend activities my wife planned. Yesterday my father in law suggested a little airgun time, he enjoys it, but it never even registered with my wife 😂

We might have time at the hottest and windiest time of day. Currently it’s 86 and feels like 88. But we have to finish the installation of a new bathroom vanity and medicine cabinet. Only thing left is the plumbing…. Yay

I battle this with my .177 TX constantly as well, it will be sighted in nicely and in its case it goes. Pull it out a week or 3 later annndd it's a bit right or something. Do I adjust windage,...hold different, is it wind, barrel, JSB pellets, too much coffee, not enough, the price of gasoline lately.....whhhhyyyy?? Then I calm down and leave it as is. I bought it and shot it through winter (mostly just above zero degrees here) Groups beautifully @ 30Y but it's always off a tad, then mysteriously the group starts heading towards the bulls ever so slowly. 🧐 You switch back and forth from irons to scope alot it seems on your guns eh?
Just a combo of anything . Even dirty barrel the crud sets up or thicer in cool then warmer same with in gun lubes. Ambient air changes , stock warping die to environment changes.. ect.

A fraction of a mm at the muzzle change can be a inch down range .. and movement is movement ..

Now thing is how excessive I'd the poi change from a click to several ? Hmmm...

I think ambient air and temp changes do most affecting poi . ( I think 🤔)

Kinda windy in temple today, so I stuck to 30 yards. I was excited to hear the Gunnar with my new Yokozuna. Still waiting for a good clear day to get down on some proper bags in prone and stretch its legs. And of course my daughter joined me and took out some cans with her trusty 95.
IMG_1014.jpegIMG_1015.jpegIMG_1013.jpeg

I got to try out my new huben GK1 today. FUN!!! I am very impressed. I was lucky enough to have found one on Ebay very slightly used and it arrived on friday. I have put about 100 shots through it now and so far it is one of the best air pistols I have ever fired. It seems to be nearly as accurate at 10 meters as the fwbs, evanix and ataman ap16 that I have, the walther cp2 I used to have, and several others as well. The best part....semi auto......Nothing else even compares. Its pretty quiet too. Huben has taken air pistols to a whole new level!!!

Trust that gut feeling
One I got when inspecting it "NEW" out of it box and you notice a aftermarket part or not genuine manufacturer.. or one that just looks like it been used in someway like this I'd dirty when should be pretty clean or scratched in a action spot but it's new so why is it scratch up here ? ..lol I could P oint A finger at a place with a few instances of this ..lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back