Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Re-arranging my range

ernroe

HAM Sniper
266
951
Columbia, SC USA
HAM Points
1,414.75
Country flag
Last Saturday I rearranged my range, no pun intended. It was nothing drastic but had to be confined to appox 50yds long x 40yds wide. Longways my backyard is like an inverted bow with the low point about 40yds downrange and continues that uphill contour well beyond the fence.Laterally it has a greater upward angle to the side fence and beyond. So the pellet is always impacting the ground before reaching the fence, it is completely safe. Now, for the new wrinkle, I have moved my shooting station inside to the second story window from the laundry room. Being build on the top of a hill the the window is 55 brick risers above the ground. I think that works out to be a little over 12 feet vertically. It will probably create a need to re-sight the rifles. That will work itself out in the future. the targets range from 30 to 50yds with one exception. I have 2 targets set out at about 10 yds, a F&T type Squirrel and a commerically bought spinning target. These are set up specifically for my little HW30 .177. I can't shoot those targets from a rest because from 12 feet up I can't see them. So, I shoot them off handed, which I like, but they are still a challenge. Anyway, I thought I would bring you up to speed on my latest endeavor. You know backyard shooters have to find ways to keep themselves engaged and enthusiastic about airgunning especially after years of shooting the Skeet and Trap circuit. So far I am having a ball. I tried to arrange the photos before and after but sometimes this thing has a mind of its own. I still don't understand all I know about this computer.:)
 

Attachments

  • 35ydPB.webp
    35ydPB.webp
    907.4 KB · Views: 8
  • A40yd.webp
    A40yd.webp
    932 KB · Views: 8
  • A50yd.webp
    A50yd.webp
    426 KB · Views: 8
  • B30yd.webp
    B30yd.webp
    920.6 KB · Views: 9
  • B35yd.webp
    B35yd.webp
    907.4 KB · Views: 9
  • B40yd.webp
    B40yd.webp
    802.2 KB · Views: 9
  • B40ydjug.webp
    B40ydjug.webp
    548.7 KB · Views: 8
  • B50yd.webp
    B50yd.webp
    632 KB · Views: 8
  • 15ydFT.webp
    15ydFT.webp
    674.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 15ydSpin.webp
    15ydSpin.webp
    707.4 KB · Views: 8
Last Saturday I rearranged my range, no pun intended. It was nothing drastic but had to be confined to appox 50yds long x 40yds wide. Longways my backyard is like an inverted bow with the low point about 40yds downrange and continues that uphill contour well beyond the fence.Laterally it has a greater upward angle to the side fence and beyond. So the pellet is always impacting the ground before reaching the fence, it is completely safe. Now, for the new wrinkle, I have moved my shooting station inside to the second story window from the laundry room. Being build on the top of a hill the the window is 55 brick risers above the ground. I think that works out to be a little over 12 feet vertically. It will probably create a need to re-sight the rifles. That will work itself out in the future. the targets range from 30 to 50yds with one exception. I have 2 targets set out at about 10 yds, a F&T type Squirrel and a commerically bought spinning target. These are set up specifically for my little HW30 .177. I can't shoot those targets from a rest because from 12 feet up I can't see them. So, I shoot them off handed, which I like, but they are still a challenge. Anyway, I thought I would bring you up to speed on my latest endeavor. You know backyard shooters have to find ways to keep themselves engaged and enthusiastic about airgunning especially after years of shooting the Skeet and Trap circuit. So far I am having a ball. I tried to arrange the photos before and after but sometimes this thing has a mind of its own. I still don't understand all I know about this computer.:)
That is a nice setup you have, makes it fun to go out and shoot with all the targets to choose from!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top