Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

PCP My new Macavity MA2 .177

No thread started yet. Just explaining my bad luck on my purchase in 22 cal being a lemon.
I'm a big believer in making lemonade from lemons, just look at my Barra. If you go through it, piece by piece, I haven't seen an airgun yet that can't be made shootable. If they won't replace it, your options are limited to selling it as is, trying to fix it yourself, get somebody else to fix it, just hang it on a wall, or pitch it. Of these choices, the only one that is any fun and rewarding is the diy route, to me. TL/DR: Good luck, and when that doesn't work, you have to.
 
I'm a big believer in making lemonade from lemons, just look at my Barra. If you go through it, piece by piece, I haven't seen an airgun yet that can't be made shootable. If they won't replace it, your options are limited to selling it as is, trying to fix it yourself, get somebody else to fix it, just hang it on a wall, or pitch it. Of these choices, the only one that is any fun and rewarding is the diy route, to me. TL/DR: Good luck, and when that doesn't work, you have to.
It's finally leaving for Macavity again for the second time. I did all but beg asking for a replacement so we'll see what happens. It is shootable but you only get 18 shots before they start dropping as the air is out. Its wasting air somewhere and i have adjusted the regulator to no avail. No leaks can be found and it holds air forever. It has a two or three year warranty, it should be a no brainer replace or repair!
 
It's finally leaving for Macavity again for the second time. I did all but beg asking for a replacement so we'll see what happens. It is shootable but you only get 18 shots before they start dropping as the air is out. Its wasting air somewhere and i have adjusted the regulator to no avail. No leaks can be found and it holds air forever. It has a two or three year warranty, it should be a no brainer replace or repair!
Maybe you have a leak at the breech? This is the way my 3622 started behaving, along with a puff of air on my cheek that I eventually noticed.
 
It's finally leaving for Macavity again for the second time. I did all but beg asking for a replacement so we'll see what happens. It is shootable but you only get 18 shots before they start dropping as the air is out. Its wasting air somewhere and i have adjusted the regulator to no avail. No leaks can be found and it holds air forever. It has a two or three year warranty, it should be a no brainer replace or repair!
I will be very interested to hear what the problem was, it just doesn't make any sense.
 
So I took the rifle apart, honestly, nicer and easier than expected.

Set the reg to 1600, took it out and wallah! Got a worse chrono reading.

View attachment 13732

I said , this thing doesn't have enough ass on the hammer spring, so I pulled my jts out and pulled the stock hammer spring out of the bag of parts (still waiting on a barrel and I have a heavier spring for it anyways) , here's the difference in weight on the springs, the jts is quite a bit heavier. Same length too which is nice.

View attachment 13733View attachment 13734View attachment 13735

Loaded 5 rounds in a mag, aimed at a tree out my backdoor and boom, we there.

Time to test and fine tune this weekend.

View attachment 13736
Wow, nice fix with the spring change!
 
I'm glad you posted this. I'm looking for a short .177 that can hit 18-20
fpe. I've got a bunch of bullseye bucks and a code so I'll probably jump on one once they're back in stock.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top