Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Introductions Another Okie checking in.

Chilihead

New member
4
16
HAM Points
41.25
Howdy ladies and gents

I'm 65 years old and living east of Oklahoma City here in the flatlands. I got my first air rifle in 1989, a Beeman R10, to take care of some wood rats living in a wood pile in my back yard. Shortly after, I bought a Beeman Hurricane, a break barrel pistol.

I finally stepped up to PCPs about 10-12 years ago. Mostly mid-range, a Hatsan Flashpup (.22) and Flash (.177), a used Hatsan Nova (.25) I found locally. More recently I picked up an Air Venturi Avenge-X Tactical (.177), and a Microstrike (.177).

I retired in Sept of 2025. Three months ago, I decided to pick up a wish list gun, an FX Impact M4 in .30 cal. Shortly afterwards I bought the .22 cal kit along with the Heavy liner. What a beast, it's been amazing. I mostly shoot it in .22. I have an acre and shoot out to about 40 or 50 yards. I punch paper about 99% of the time. My neighbor lost a bunch of chicks to a possum, and we've both been getting our yards tore up by an armadillo. Those two may be my first critter hunts. I had my first issue with the Impact two days ago. Immediately after filling it, air started coming out from around the air tank connector. I removed it and the O-ring had a couple nicks in it, I assume from assembly. Got new O-rings inbound now.

That's enough for now. Looking to learn from y'all.

Peace, Bob
 
Howdy ladies and gents

I'm 65 years old and living east of Oklahoma City here in the flatlands. I got my first air rifle in 1989, a Beeman R10, to take care of some wood rats living in a wood pile in my back yard. Shortly after, I bought a Beeman Hurricane, a break barrel pistol.

I finally stepped up to PCPs about 10-12 years ago. Mostly mid-range, a Hatsan Flashpup (.22) and Flash (.177), a used Hatsan Nova (.25) I found locally. More recently I picked up an Air Venturi Avenge-X Tactical (.177), and a Microstrike (.177).

I retired in Sept of 2025. Three months ago, I decided to pick up a wish list gun, an FX Impact M4 in .30 cal. Shortly afterwards I bought the .22 cal kit along with the Heavy liner. What a beast, it's been amazing. I mostly shoot it in .22. I have an acre and shoot out to about 40 or 50 yards. I punch paper about 99% of the time. My neighbor lost a bunch of chicks to a possum, and we've both been getting our yards tore up by an armadillo. Those two may be my first critter hunts. I had my first issue with the Impact two days ago. Immediately after filling it, air started coming out from around the air tank connector. I removed it and the O-ring had a couple nicks in it, I assume from assembly. Got new O-rings inbound now.

That's enough for now. Looking to learn from y'all.

Peace, Bob
Need to check in with OKC gun club - they have airgun competitions there - really good group of guys.
 
Howdy ladies and gents

I'm 65 years old and living east of Oklahoma City here in the flatlands. I got my first air rifle in 1989, a Beeman R10, to take care of some wood rats living in a wood pile in my back yard. Shortly after, I bought a Beeman Hurricane, a break barrel pistol.

I finally stepped up to PCPs about 10-12 years ago. Mostly mid-range, a Hatsan Flashpup (.22) and Flash (.177), a used Hatsan Nova (.25) I found locally. More recently I picked up an Air Venturi Avenge-X Tactical (.177), and a Microstrike (.177).

I retired in Sept of 2025. Three months ago, I decided to pick up a wish list gun, an FX Impact M4 in .30 cal. Shortly afterwards I bought the .22 cal kit along with the Heavy liner. What a beast, it's been amazing. I mostly shoot it in .22. I have an acre and shoot out to about 40 or 50 yards. I punch paper about 99% of the time. My neighbor lost a bunch of chicks to a possum, and we've both been getting our yards tore up by an armadillo. Those two may be my first critter hunts. I had my first issue with the Impact two days ago. Immediately after filling it, air started coming out from around the air tank connector. I removed it and the O-ring had a couple nicks in it, I assume from assembly. Got new O-rings inbound now.

That's enough for now. Looking to learn from y'all.

Peace, Bob
Welcome aboard! Nice choice with the impact M4, its a handful of a pcp and should keep you busy, hope you get the leak sorted quickly!
.30 and .22....exactly the two calibers I would choose too😆
What length barrels did you end up getting for it?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top