Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Where is the pistols

I never got into air gun pistols : ( I have thought bought but growing up never did the co2 stuff and dad never must have never had the spare change for a pumper by the time I was saving and buying my own gun as a young teen the where powder guns.
I do like pistols just never got into them
the new western Mordax has my attention I will admit.
 
I just got my new and improved Huben GKl 25 shorty pistol,, This is the new king of PCP pistols, I have the original 25 GKl , But its almost apples and oranges ...
This is want a PCP should be, POWER< oh my some rifles can't reach the power of a GKl , Light weight , compact, FUN,
MikeView attachment 10510
Sweet setup man! One thing i don't have is a nice powerful pcp pistol in my collection. Tax time is coming soon! 🙂
 
Only pistol I like is the p17 for farting around in the shop. The Hubens 5000 psi fill is ridiculous because there are only a couple compressors that can reach that kind of pressure and it’s inconvenient hauling a compressor and running one in the field just my .02
I forgot about the ridiculous 5000 psi fill rate required by the Huben! My compressor will do it but thats a lot of extra stress on the unit.
 
Just because the GKl will go to 5000 PSI , You do not have to fill it that high,, I have a little foot ball size tank, I fill to 4800 PSI and shoot the GKl off the small tank, I run the tank down to 3000 PSI , I shot to tins of GTO pellets with the little tank, Now that was only 300 shots , And at the last I was only filling the Huben up to 3000 PSI.. Dont ask me shot count because I will say 300, LOL.
Mike
 
Just because the GKl will go to 5000 PSI , You do not have to fill it that high,, I have a little foot ball size tank, I fill to 4800 PSI and shoot the GKl off the small tank, I run the tank down to 3000 PSI , I shot to tins of GTO pellets with the little tank, Now that was only 300 shots , And at the last I was only filling the Huben up to 3000 PSI.. Dont ask me shot count because I will say 300, LOL.
Mike
100% agree. Quit getting so focused on the max fill of airguns - you're all ruling out many great airguns because of the "ridiculous" 4500psi/5000psi/300bar max fill. People this is a MAX FILL - you don't have to fill all the way. I only fill my guns to 250 bar - and that's ALL of them. Doesn't matter if the max fill is 250, 300 or 350 bar - I'm still filling to 250 bar / 3650 psi.

I fill my Huben GK1 to 250 bar and get one full magazine of .25 25/34gr pellets @ 40 fpe. At the end of the string I am down to around 140-150 bar.
 
Last edited:
100% agree. Quit getting so focused on the max fill of airguns - you're all ruling out many great airguns because of the "ridiculous" 4500psi/5000psi/300bar max fill. People this is a MAX FILL - you don't have to fill all the way. I only fill my guns to 250 bar - and that's ALL of them. Doesn't matter if the max fill is 250, 300 or 350 bar - I'm still filling to 250 bar / 3650 psi.

I fill my Huben GK1 to 250 bar and get one full magazine of .25 25/34gr pellets @ 40 fpe. At the end of the string I am down to around 140-150 bar.

I fill the damned thing to whatever pressure my SCBA tank is at as long as it's not too low. What's more important is the minimum amount of pressure that one can shoot before causing issues like jams and air dumps. I try to be mindful not to shoot down beyond 130 bar. all of us can do this, but how many of us can fill a GK1 beyond 4500 PSI/310 bar?
 
With this cold weather and the wife retired this year I cant shot in the house any more, So I put two targets up , and warm up in the house , Load up the GKl 25 and walk out and blast the 1st target,, I get all warmed up and fill the next GKl 25 shorty and go out and blast the 2nd target,, Go inside get warm , Now the targets are at 25 yards and I am shooting off a tripod with red dots
GTO pellets , I really need to take a picture of the targets , quarter size groups with pistols with red dots and a blind man,, This Huben GKl regular and shorty 25 caliber really flips me out on the accuracy ,, Its just 25 yards ., but just to darn cold to go out to 48 yards,,, Maybe some of my youth skills are coming back.
Mike
 
Never say never in this sport, But a scope on a pistol is like putting shoes on a dog, Might work but looks funny to me,, Now that HW 44 looks pretty bad = (good) with a scope, But just not for me..
The new red dots have given me a second chance with pistols with my eyes,,,
Mike
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top