Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What'cha doing air gun related today?

Shot the TalonSS .177 this morning and it did well with JSB13gr, 10gr KO MK3s, and great with JSB 10 grain pellets. Have to seat the 10gr ammo in about 1/16 inch for it to do well. Just pushed it in with another pellet.

This evening I turned my Barra 1866 .177 Gen1 multi pump, I got at a yard sale, into a Gen2 with the pellet loading ramp and scope rail. Barra has a little video on UTube on how to do it. The main thing to watch out for is the BB loading door failing off, the cocking mechanism being engaged properly and the spring for the hammer safety being installed the right way. This is a nice little gun. Wish I could get one in .20.

1791587386742.webp1791587410825.webp
 
Shot the avenge x trying to tune it. Aea .22 25.3 gr pellet around 895 with ok results. Adjusted the scope and then I shot 30 rounds in my back yard. Been a while since I shot, it was nice. On-line people have said they shoot well on the avenge x around 920 so I'll bump it up and try again. The regulator always creeps from 2000 to 24-2500 as it sits over night. I just do a few dry shots before I load a mag. Looking at a westhunter hd gen 2 8-32x56 for a budget long range scope. May bite the bullet, reviews seem descent and for the price it can't be beat.
 
Shot the avenge x trying to tune it. Aea .22 25.3 gr pellet around 895 with ok results. Adjusted the scope and then I shot 30 rounds in my back yard. Been a while since I shot, it was nice. On-line people have said they shoot well on the avenge x around 920 so I'll bump it up and try again. The regulator always creeps from 2000 to 24-2500 as it sits over night. I just do a few dry shots before I load a mag. Looking at a westhunter hd gen 2 8-32x56 for a budget long range scope. May bite the bullet, reviews seem descent and for the price it can't be beat.
I would work my way up on speed. Forget about FPS and look at groups. Each rifle is different so I start with the hammer all the way out then start going in on 3-5 round groups until I either get it where it groups great or I run out of speed.

That Westhunter looks good for $200.
 
Forgot to admit my airgunning habit yesterday!

After yardwork, finally got some time and put my UUQ 3-9x40 AOEG scope on the Winchester 1873 and got it rough sighted for 25 yards. Plan was 5 pumps, but it was shooting high at 3, and seemed to be consistent, so I sighted for 3 pumps instead. Started in on pellet testing, but ran out of time before I had to go to other commitments, so I only got to test US Crosman family pellets (Benjamin disco, cphp, premier domed).
20261009_165019.webp
None seem to have promise, but many more to go. I did try a couple of shots with cphp at 5 pumps. They hit on opposite sides of my 3 inch center plate of 5-in-1, so I stuck with 3 pumps.
IMG_20261009_231004.webp
Yesterday no wind, today the hurricane brought all of the wind. Tomorrow, the promise is worse wind. One day I'll get back to testing to find my magic pellet.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top