Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Thinking out loud; sell my PCPs and keep my Springers

ernroe

HAM Sniper
266
951
Columbia, SC USA
HAM Points
1,414.75
Country flag
Thinking out loud; sell my PCPs and keep my Springers

As the title says, just thinking about it. to be honest I enjoy shooting my HW50S .22 and My HW30 .177 more than I do my PCPs, that consist of AA S510 .25, HW100 .22 and HW 110.177. I mainly shoot my Springers because I get more enjoyment out of shooting them. If I do, I will probably add a HW95 to complete my Springer line up. I would like to hear your thoughts about it.
 
Last edited:
I say do what makes you happy we aint growing any younger.
but I just cant imagine life with out my pcps LOL
if they rant eating anything just ignore then for a while
overtime I have ever sold annything I ended up regretting it. so now I just keep everything sometimes that aggravates the wife but she can sell it all when I am gone. : )
 
Thinking out loud; sell my PCPs and keep my Springers

As the title says, just thinking about it. to be honest I enjoy shooting my HW50S .22 and My HW30 .177 more than I do my PCPs, that consist of AA S510 .25, HW100 .22 and HW 110.177. I mainly shoot my Springers because I get more enjoyment out of shooting them. If I do, I will probably add a HW95 to complete my Springer line up. I would like to hear your thoughts about it.
Ok easy there @PasadinaMike ....it starts out as 'I'm just thinking about it😂' Honestly i wouldn't do anything rashly.... Sit on it for 6 months, if nothing changes "pull the trigger" and sell it all and dont look back. No hoses, compressors, or pcps.
Pcps for me are essential for pesting but I do prefer a springer when just messing around, shooting shorter ranges, plinking, and honing my skills. My S510 is booooringly accurate (NEVER SELLING IT🤩) and bc of that guess what, it gets shot the least off a bench. You also shoot to a max of 50Y on your home range so its not a bad idea, I understand. kind of...😂
 
Ok easy there @PasadinaMike ....it starts out as 'I'm just thinking about it😂' Honestly i wouldn't do anything rashly.... Sit on it for 6 months, if nothing changes "pull the trigger" and sell it all and dont look back. No hoses, compressors, or pcps.
Pcps for me are essential for pesting but I do prefer a springer when just messing around, shooting shorter ranges, plinking, and honing my skills. My S510 is booooringly accurate (NEVER SELLING IT🤩) and bc of that guess what, it gets shot the least off a bench. You also shoot to a max of 50Y on your home range so its not a bad idea, I understand. kind of...😂
Thx Danman, that is good advice and I appreciate it.
 
@ernroe I have been thinking about this since you posted it and my advice is to sell or trade in the one that you use or like the least and get the HW95. If after some time goes by and you completely disregard the other two PCPs then let them go as well.

By the way, I would also consider purchasing the one in the HAM Classified. I have a 95 and I’ve often wondered what it would shoot like with a lower power spring kit like that one has.
 
@ernroe
By the way, I would also consider purchasing the one in the HAM Classified. I have a 95 and I’ve often wondered what it would shoot like with a lower power spring kit like that one has.
Mmmm and that right their is why I went HW50 over the R9. Springer heaven to me is 8-14ish fpe (talking .177 cal). On the hunt for extreme accuracy most people detune their higher power springers at some point to get that little bit more.
My TX200 is (was🙄) 13fpe and I wouldn't want any more recoil, or scope face-punching than that. Will I detune it? Never, I want what I paid for (coulda just got the sub-12 variant).
 
I say do what makes you happy we aint growing any younger.
but I just cant imagine life with out my pcps LOL
if they rant eating anything just ignore then for a while
overtime I have ever sold annything I ended up regretting it. so now I just keep everything sometimes that aggravates the wife but she can sell it all when I am gone. : )
Selling PCPs?
Hm… I’m suspicious that you’re payed by someone’s wife to write that😅
 
I just sent two top shelf PCP rifles off a few days ago. Replacing them with a HW97 and HW50.
Wait wait, is one of the sold Pcps the Black Wolf? Do tell!!🙏
The HW50 class/category is a 'mandatory' spring gun if springers float your boat imo. Dead center in the power spectrum, light and smooth, short, well made and gorgeous, great trigger. Excited to hear your thoughts on HW vs your TX200.
 
Wait wait, is one of the sold Pcps the Black Wolf? Do tell!!🙏
The HW50 class/category is a 'mandatory' spring gun if springers float your boat imo. Dead center in the power spectrum, light and smooth, short, well made and gorgeous, great trigger. Excited to hear your thoughts on HW vs your TX200.
Yes, the Black wolf that I waited five months to get is gone. I'm impressed that you recall the airguns that I've purchased. The HW50 will get a super tune, and vortek kit before it is shipped. I'm thinking that I may leave it with just iron sights so a fair comparison may not be possible. On the other hand I may get some mounts just so I can pellet test with a scope. Haven't really decided. The 50 is one of the jubilee models so I'm leaning towards honoring the past. The 97 will be a blue laminate as well. They should make a handsome pair. It will have the tune, and kit as well in .20 cal. A dampa mount, and element Helix will get the sighting done. The Evol .22 went as well. Should make for an interesting winter of shooting.
 
Yes, the Black wolf that I waited five months to get is gone. I'm impressed that you recall the airguns that I've purchased. The HW50 will get a super tune, and vortek kit before it is shipped. I'm thinking that I may leave it with just iron sights so a fair comparison may not be possible. On the other hand I may get some mounts just so I can pellet test with a scope. Haven't really decided. The 50 is one of the jubilee models so I'm leaning towards honoring the past. The 97 will be a blue laminate as well. They should make a handsome pair. It will have the tune, and kit as well in .20 cal. A dampa mount, and element Helix will get the sighting done. The Evol .22 went as well. Should make for an interesting winter of shooting.
People are, well some of us anyway lol are listening and I never would have guessed that you would be trading in the BW already.
 
People are, well some of us anyway lol are listening and I never would have guessed that you would be trading in the BW already.
I have been blessed (cursed!?) with a really good memory myself....i rarely forget things, esp conversations lol. As members build repotoire on this forum I generally figure out what their game is and if their opinion/experiences matter or not.
Well @FL22 my synopsis is easy: its not worth the money....plain and simple. 5k cdn!?!?!? Scope not included!?!? Get outta here😅 She better shoot to perfection, and stir my coffee whilst doing so! Big expectations....what can the B.W. do that the Ghost and Delta cant?! I'll wait.
Pcps are amazing to me (and literally perfect for pesting!!) but I just love honing my springer shooting skills... I absolutely love em both.
@Scriv will it be Gen1 or Gen2 Helix?
Also....slightly jealous of the .20cal😆.
 
I have been blessed (cursed!?) with a really good memory myself....i rarely forget things, esp conversations lol. As members build repotoire on this forum I generally figure out what their game is and if their opinion/experiences matter or not.
Well @FL22 my synopsis is easy: its not worth the money....plain and simple. 5k cdn!?!?!? Scope not included!?!? Get outta here😅 She better shoot to perfection, and stir my coffee whilst doing so! Big expectations....what can the B.W. do that the Ghost and Delta cant?! I'll wait.
Pcps are amazing to me (and literally perfect for pesting!!) but I just love honing my springer shooting skills... I absolutely love em both.
@Scriv will it be Gen1 or Gen2 Helix?
Also....slightly jealous of the .20cal😆.
I recall fairly well. Especially when you consider that I nearly took the dirt nap 30 years ago from viral encephalitis, and had lost my ability to speak, and write. At the end of the day the Ghost HP, and my Red Wolf HP get it done for my PCP needs. My Helix scopes are all gen 1. The 97K will likely get a FFP 4-16. I have never had a .20, and was intrigued about trying one. That way if Weihrauch offers a limited run in .22 I'll have a reason to buy one.;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top