Marauder My Benjamin Maurader Prod by Airgun Revisions, backstory, review, pictures and testing.

Ouch! Yep, it's like using Ipe for a deck, you have to pre-drill or it splits. On a nice gun stock is a lousy way to find out though.
I predrilled the holes for the threads on the tnuts but trying to set the spikes the wood was literally bending them, if I do this again I will be drilling a hole and using the screw in type inserts .

Shame on me!

" I predrilled the holes for the threads on the tnuts but trying to set the spikes the wood was literally bending them, if I do this again I will be drilling a hole and using the screw in type inserts . Shame on me!"

For the screw in inserts get a bar of soap and scrape the inserts against it and load them up. It makes screwing them in much easier.

" I predrilled the holes for the threads on the tnuts but trying to set the spikes the wood was literally bending them, if I do this again I will be drilling a hole and using the screw in type inserts . Shame on me!"

For the screw in inserts get a bar of soap and scrape the inserts against it and load them up. It makes screwing them in much easier.
My old Dad was an engineer and he always told me to use soap in situations like this. You just made me think of him. Thanks!

Well Rich comes through again in spades. Under promised over delivered. He had said it would take some time for my stock to be ready, typically in the airgun world this means a month plus, less than 2 weeks and its on its way to me, and with multiple tracking notifications. What service!

Will have updated pics hopefully Monday evening of Rich's premier prod stock. It is a little different than what I had as it extends further down the tube.Screenshot_20231109_125756_Chrome.jpg

Well if I may be allowed to toot my own horn for just a brief moment. Not to take anything away from Rich for all his accomplishments and contributions but it was actually me that requested Darko to make the .20 cal Prod magazines back in January this year. To my surprise he agreed and about a month or so later I received them in February. 🙂

In case you weren’t aware of this but the .20 magazine was already available it just wasn’t on his website. Neal Tressler purchased his a year and a half ago. Actually almost two years

Last edited:
So I wanted to start of 2024 with airgunning , after my morning hike with peri .

And with that said I wanted to start with the most basic. That would be this prod. I will not change a thing, except the scope. I want a higher quality, dirty reticle 4-16 that's compact so suggestions are welcome. Please and thank you 😊 🙏

With that said I had talked with Rich and he suggested a hammer spring adjustment, so here it is.

Unregulated and this consistent ?!? It is 30 degrees out now and the rifles been acclimated to that temp.

Screenshot_20240101_093006_FX Radar.jpgScreenshot_20240101_093012_FX Radar.jpg

Shooting at 40 yards and under the drop in speed is not seen at POI.

THIS RIFLE IS A SHOOTER. It is quiet, and well balanced (see pic 📸)

20240101_094323.jpg
20240101_094334.jpg

Oh and dead sexy.

Also, I really like being able to hand pump it with my Huben handpump in 20 seconds or less.

This rifle is going to get shot a lot more, I walked my kyl target at 35 yards with ease and pictured is 1 full mag so 9 shots in winds. See picture of the smoldering bon fire, look at the wind blowing the smoke.

20240101_094851.jpg20240101_094231.jpg20240101_093228.jpg20240101_093237.jpg

Happy new years everyone!

Anyone following this thread have any insight on a compact 4-16 or similar mag range scope with good glass thats not "teir 1" ?
What did you not like about the Vector? I was thinking about getting one. I put a new tune on my Prod yesterday, that's what got me revisiting this post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back