Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Just what I wanted to know! ThanksFrom a practical perspective, the hammer generally runs out of steam going past 2500 psi in the stock configuration regardless of the hammer spring setting. Power starts to retrograde past that without modifications.
Like Bladefin said, you can certainly physically crank up the regulator past that. Without modifications, you wouldn't see any benefit in doing so.
If you add just the bass weight from the slug power kit to the stock spring it will open the full power envelope of the gun and will make it more efficient.Just what I wanted to know! Thanks
I'm not see any plenums in stock anywhere.If you add just the bass weight from the slug power kit to the stock spring it will open the full power envelope of the gun and will make it more efficient.
With that set up I never ran the reg less than about 2600/2700psi and no higher than 3200psi. I wouldn’t recommend more than 3000psi.
The key with tuning it [with this specific setup] is to treat it kinda like an FX. In the sense that the shortest, sharpest crack on the HS is the best option. Why? Stock gun has a tiny 15cc plenum, it doesn’t take a lot of dwell to empty it. The only reason you can’t do it stock is the spring is too weak. I think the slug power kit spring is a little too strong with the weight. That’s why I combine the two…
Conversely if you add the 30cc plenum the total volume of air is basically tripled. The aftermarket plenum doesn’t negate the original so you’re actually going up to 45cc +/- 2cc… so you don’t wanna waste air with too much dwell.
So either way that’s what my advice would be. Other guys have since come up with different ways of tuning the gun so I’m not gonna claim my way is the only way or best. Just that I had a ton of success shooting 30-35gr slugs (.25) that way. Also between 60-67fpe I was always able to get at least 2 mags that way.
For the best combo of shot count and power I would add whatever plenum mod you can and add it. With the additional plenum I found I would get about 35-40 shots a fill at 70fpe.
Sorry I don’t have my 250z anymore so I can’t weigh it for you.I'm not see any plenums in stock anywhere.
Got any dimensions for the weight? Pretty sure I could get one knocked out pretty quick at work.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.