Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

PCP Epic Vision .22 420mm

With me the problem occurred with 15.83 gr Hades. The Epic Airgun Shop in Spain told me the gun was designed to shoot heavy pellets so I’ll be trying some 25 gr soon to see if a jam occurs. I shoot paper off my back deck out to 75 yards so can’t justify the expense (or need) to shoot slugs.
BTW, do you have or can recommend any other
compact light weight PCP’s? When I’m shopping for a new gun, the first thing I check is the weight. I’ll pass if it’s close to 6 lbs or more. I did break down a purchase a SLASH from Tony not long ago. I’ve scratched that itch so I’ll be getting rid of it…it’s a beast!
 
After you try the BRK, you can come by or I can visit and you can try the Epic 2 Lite and I have a DRS with a Buc Rail tactical stock that is well under 6lbs! The regular FX DRS with a 500mm barrel is 4.9 pounds. I'm getting into the light hunting rigs due to my age! I went over 6lbs by a smidge for a Black Wolf 23" with the composite grey stock. The 17" barrel is under 6 pounds...
 
After you try the BRK, you can come by or I can visit and you can try the Epic 2 Lite and I have a DRS with a Buc Rail tactical stock that is well under 6lbs! The regular FX DRS with a 500mm barrel is 4.9 pounds. I'm getting into the light hunting rigs due to my age! I went over 6lbs by a smidge for a Black Wolf 23" with the composite grey stock. The 17" barrel is under 6 pounds...
I have looked at the BRK several times in the past. Definitely checks the size and weight box’s. Just haven’t pulled the trigger ( pardon my pun) yet. A friend here has a DRS. Nice gun. Wish they made a compact version. Have you heard anything about the FX Pistol/ carbine that was shown at one of the airgun shows two years ago? At the moment, I have a .25 cal Mordax Venom, a .22 AGT Vixen, and an .22 Epic Vision that check all my boxes.
I’m not a pistolero, but couldn’t resist the AGT Manul. Amazing little gun. What is the best time normally to come your way?
BTW, if it works for you, let’s communicate via TEX messaging..501-733-2950 for me.
 
I have a Sidewinder S in .25 that also fits the size/weight category and probably like your Mordax, extremely accurate. The new AAA EVOL mini really fits the bill also. I don't have one but I have 3 AAAs that you can certainly shoot to give them a try! I have 2 with 15" barrels that are over 6 lbs with the scopes but not much - one's in .22 and the other .30.

Nowadays, every day is Saturday except Sunday so I'm pretty open. I get even more open if there's a chance to shoot some pests! We should probably meet North of you around all the chicken facilities and try and get rid of a load of rats! we're under 250 miles, so maybe we could meet half way. I'll see if I can figure out where we could go and shoot.
 
I have a Sidewinder S in .25 that also fits the size/weight category and probably like your Mordax, extremely accurate. The new AAA EVOL mini really fits the bill also. I don't have one but I have 3 AAAs that you can certainly shoot to give them a try! I have 2 with 15" barrels that are over 6 lbs with the scopes but not much - one's in .22 and the other .30.

Nowadays, every day is Saturday except Sunday so I'm pretty open. I get even more open if there's a chance to shoot some pests! We should probably meet North of you around all the chicken facilities and try and get rid of a load of rats! we're under 250 miles, so maybe we could meet half way. I'll see if I can figure out where we could go and shoot.
Sounds great. Would love a daytime rat shoot. Don’t have an night vision stuff
 
As a Taipan fan, I've always been curious about Epic airguns as they are owned by the same people. The Epic 2 didnt interest me much as heard about slow first shots and heavy with the rear butt stock. Wasn't aware of the Epic 2 lite until recently but still wasn't sure about the valves and slow first shots.

I then learned about the Vision and I was liking what I was seeing. Redesigned valve specifically for the slow first shots and easier tuning was big to me. And was designed for hunters in mind. Like said a big Taipan fan but generally like a Carbine for shooting and wanted something with alittle more power and adjustability than my Long. Didnt want to change it into something it wasnt.

Seeing the 420mm .22 Vision was capable of 53fpe, i knew it had the power i was looking for. The AR platform is of course something i prefer also. Forward cocking and something with externally adjustable reg and HS with marking so I know exactly where its set. And of course a unchoked CZ barrel. I was really hoping it would shoot my 20.83gr KOs really well. So I took the chance. And so far im thrilled with it.
View attachment 20935
Got it yesterday and no lack of quality here. Very impressed with the fit and finish and the balance felt great. Cocking is almost effortless and really smooth. Trigger is great. Mags are easy to load and there is absolutely no resistance when pushing a pellet or slug forward through the mag. Very well designed. Came shooting the 20.83gr KOs at 950fps at a 145bar reg pressure. Alittle too hot for my liking. The chrony printout I got with the gun showed 880fps with the 25.3gr pellets. Anyways testing accuracy I wasn't disappointed at all. Really likes the 20.83gr KOs and even shooting the 20.83gr Lights did well at 970fps. Anyways gun was loud and so I backed put the HS to the 1st line at got me to 935fps. Lowered my reg pressure to about 100bar and was shooting at 860fps. Im set now at 120bar and shooting the KOs at 900fps. Very very accurate at 50yds. Shot 10, 5 shot groups at 52yds and the biggest of the groups I think was .6" and had quite a few under .4"
View attachment 20936View attachment 20937
The biggest question was going to be in the morning, does it have a slow first shot. Checked the reg in the morning after sitting over night and no reg creep. And first shot on the chrony was exactly where it should have been. Really looking forward to shooting this gun more.
I can’t wait to try one of these Epic Vision 👍
 
As a Taipan fan, I've always been curious about Epic airguns as they are owned by the same people. The Epic 2 didnt interest me much as heard about slow first shots and heavy with the rear butt stock. Wasn't aware of the Epic 2 lite until recently but still wasn't sure about the valves and slow first shots.

I then learned about the Vision and I was liking what I was seeing. Redesigned valve specifically for the slow first shots and easier tuning was big to me. And was designed for hunters in mind. Like said a big Taipan fan but generally like a Carbine for shooting and wanted something with alittle more power and adjustability than my Long. Didnt want to change it into something it wasnt.

Seeing the 420mm .22 Vision was capable of 53fpe, i knew it had the power i was looking for. The AR platform is of course something i prefer also. Forward cocking and something with externally adjustable reg and HS with marking so I know exactly where its set. And of course a unchoked CZ barrel. I was really hoping it would shoot my 20.83gr KOs really well. So I took the chance. And so far im thrilled with it.
View attachment 20935
Got it yesterday and no lack of quality here. Very impressed with the fit and finish and the balance felt great. Cocking is almost effortless and really smooth. Trigger is great. Mags are easy to load and there is absolutely no resistance when pushing a pellet or slug forward through the mag. Very well designed. Came shooting the 20.83gr KOs at 950fps at a 145bar reg pressure. Alittle too hot for my liking. The chrony printout I got with the gun showed 880fps with the 25.3gr pellets. Anyways testing accuracy I wasn't disappointed at all. Really likes the 20.83gr KOs and even shooting the 20.83gr Lights did well at 970fps. Anyways gun was loud and so I backed put the HS to the 1st line at got me to 935fps. Lowered my reg pressure to about 100bar and was shooting at 860fps. Im set now at 120bar and shooting the KOs at 900fps. Very very accurate at 50yds. Shot 10, 5 shot groups at 52yds and the biggest of the groups I think was .6" and had quite a few under .4"
View attachment 20936View attachment 20937
The biggest question was going to be in the morning, does it have a slow first shot. Checked the reg in the morning after sitting over night and no reg creep. And first shot on the chrony was exactly where it should have been. Really looking forward to shooting this gun more.
I love that grip👍
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top