Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Barra 270z PCP Air Rifle Is Now Available For Pre-Order

Last edited:
Barra 270z PCP Air Rifle Is Now Available For Pre-Order

Yes, it’s been a long time coming, but the Barra 270z PCP air rifle is now available for pre-order. The scheduled availability date is in the first half of October, 2026.

Pre-orders can be placed at both Barra Airguns, or at Pyramyd AIR. The MSRP is $699.99.

The 270z is a development of the HAM Gold Award-winning Barra 250z. It continues and refines the manufacturer’s patented “HPA tube around barrel” configuration, combined with a chunky bolt action.

The 270z – like the Barra 250z air rifle – has design elements that are covered by a US Patent. The patent number – 10161703-B2 – is marked on the underside of the air tube.

The inventor is named as Mr Xu from Shaoxing Lingfeng Air Gun Manufacturing Co. Ltd in China. That’s Snowpeak Airguns to you and me.

The parent was filed in 2017 and issued on 25 December 2018, so it’s not a new concept. However – inevitably – the concept has been imitated by at least one other airgun manufacturer. But this is the original!

Barra 270z PCP Air Rifle Is Now Available For Pre-Order


The Barra 270z PCP air rifle is to be available with a hardwood stock in .22 and .25 calibers. Barra says that The 270z builds directly on the 250z platform with several meaningful upgrades.

These include a doubled plenum volume from 15 cc to 30 cc, an ambidextrous and re-positionable bolt handle, a checkered beech wood stock with adjustable comb, and sling attachment points.

That wood stock definitely makes the 270z an attractive-looking air rifle!

HAM-270z-3.jpg


Headline specifications include a 322cc HPA capacity and 3,625 PSI maximum fill pressure. Both of these are the same as for the 250z. There’s also a two-stage adjustable trigger and rotary magazine ammo feed.

The action is regulated, of course. The regulator is externally-adjustable.

Maximum Muzzle Energy specs are 50 Ft/Lbs in .22 and 60 Ft/Lbs in .25 cal. So this is a little more powerful than the previous model. Our HAM-tested 250z peaked at 45.5 Ft/Lbs in .22 caliber.

HAM-270z-5.jpg


Overall length is listed as 47.4 Inches and the weight 7 Lbs 9 Oz. So it’s a little longer and somewhat heavier than the 250z – as you would expect for a real beech stock with adjustable cheekpiece.

The Barra 270z PCP air rifle is supplied with two rotary magazines, a fill probe, owner’s manual, and spare O-rings

HAM plans to bring you our industry-leading, comprehensive review of the Barra 270z in the near future. Stay tuned!

BUY FROM PYRAMYD​

Barra 270z PCP Air Rifle 0.22
image-100159921-13713383


The post Barra 270z PCP Air Rifle Is Now Available For Pre-Order appeared first on Hard Air Magazine.
 
Max power specs on the .25 is slightly low for the size of this beast, was hoping to see a bit (10-15ish fpe) more to sling 33gr ammo fast. 😕
Meaningful upgrades for sure vs the 250 though esp going with double the plenum volume, although a 30cc plenum is still not huge.
I've always wanted another traditional styled pcp but with more power than my S510, someting in .25 or .30 and this thing comes mighty close....sling studs, pic rail, wood stock, ambi bolt action repeater, great hunting pcp specs.
Excited for the Ham Review. 👍
 
Max power specs on the .25 is slightly low for the size of this beast, was hoping to see a bit (10-15ish fpe) more to sling 33gr ammo fast. 😕
Meaningful upgrades for sure vs the 250 though esp going with double the plenum volume, although a 30cc plenum is still not huge.
I've always wanted another traditional styled pcp but with more power than my S510, someting in .25 or .30 and this thing comes mighty close....sling studs, pic rail, wood stock, ambi bolt action repeater, great hunting pcp specs.
Excited for the Ham Review. 👍
The .25 270z will have no problem hitting 950+ fps with properly fitting 33 grain ammo without needing anything more than some regulator adjustment, possibly a little messing about with the hammer spring adjuster. I got a solid two mags and some change on that tune across multiple stock rifles. I won't be able to speak for every particular case out there, but I do have enough personal experience with this one, so I figured I'd chime in.

The public facing muzzle energy specs are supposed to be 50+ fpe in .22 and 60+ fpe in .25. This means 50 and 60 fpe are the top end of excellent overall performance, but more is possible if desired. Those numbers undersell both caliber's peak performance a bit due to the way that I inform the marketing team on specifications. It also takes into account the variance that is a function of mass production. Instead of going for extremes, I try to balance energy, speed, and shot count to present the item's performance in a way that gives the best of all three worlds. If a person buys the 270z anticipating those published specs, they aren't going to be disappointed in their purchase.

For those interested in maximum energy, the stock gun can peak in the low 60 fpe range in .22 and the low 70 fpe range in .25. Obviously, there are a lot of tradeoffs that have to be made when you go to those maximums, and you may or may not accomplish your overall goals in doing so. I'm also only talking stock rifles utilizing the built in tuning tools and original parts. Most everyone here knows understands these things, but the majority of our customers are still learning. Hyping the max numbers will set them up for disappointment.

With the incredible range and styles of ammunition available these days as well as the amount of easy tuning capability modern PCP rifles have, it is difficult to present an accurate picture of what a PCP is truly capable of. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter, perhaps we could start a different conversation elsewhere so we don't derail this thread. At the present, I'm trying to keep the numbers as simple as possible, erring on the side of under promising and over delivering. That is one of many possible ways to do things, and it isn't a 100% optimized strategy.
 
The .25 270z will have no problem hitting 950+ fps with properly fitting 33 grain ammo without needing anything more than some regulator adjustment, possibly a little messing about with the hammer spring adjuster. I got a solid two mags and some change on that tune across multiple stock rifles. I won't be able to speak for every particular case out there, but I do have enough personal experience with this one, so I figured I'd chime in.

The public facing muzzle energy specs are supposed to be 50+ fpe in .22 and 60+ fpe in .25. This means 50 and 60 fpe are the top end of excellent overall performance, but more is possible if desired. Those numbers undersell both caliber's peak performance a bit due to the way that I inform the marketing team on specifications. It also takes into account the variance that is a function of mass production. Instead of going for extremes, I try to balance energy, speed, and shot count to present the item's performance in a way that gives the best of all three worlds. If a person buys the 270z anticipating those published specs, they aren't going to be disappointed in their purchase.

For those interested in maximum energy, the stock gun can peak in the low 60 fpe range in .22 and the low 70 fpe range in .25. Obviously, there are a lot of tradeoffs that have to be made when you go to those maximums, and you may or may not accomplish your overall goals in doing so. I'm also only talking stock rifles utilizing the built in tuning tools and original parts. Most everyone here knows understands these things, but the majority of our customers are still learning. Hyping the max numbers will set them up for disappointment.

With the incredible range and styles of ammunition available these days as well as the amount of easy tuning capability modern PCP rifles have, it is difficult to present an accurate picture of what a PCP is truly capable of. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter, perhaps we could start a different conversation elsewhere so we don't derail this thread. At the present, I'm trying to keep the numbers as simple as possible, erring on the side of under promising and over delivering. That is one of many possible ways to do things, and it isn't a 100% optimized strategy.
@airgunnerd More great information! Thank you. I'm really looking forward to reviewing this new model myself :D
 
For those interested in maximum energy, the stock gun can peak in the low 60 fpe range in .22 and the low 70 fpe range in .25. Obviously, there are a lot of tradeoffs that have to be made when you go to those maximums, and you may or may not accomplish your overall goals in doing so. I'm also only talking stock rifles utilizing the built in tuning tools and original parts
Slugs my friend... slugs! 🤩
That is why i seek high numbers.
The fpe ceiling tells us alot more than a fps ceiling. (Ammo weight is cleverly often left out when giving those speed numbers). I am just curious if the 270Z in .25 could in fact be a good slug gun?
I like bullpups, but i LOVE traditional looking air rifles especially, and they are hard to find with decent slug-pushing power numbers, only a few out their and I dont have Blackwolf money lol.
Have you tested/played with this rifle already?
 
My "Bucket List" gun list may have to have "White Out" tape applied. I think this could be my next Ghog .25 gun. Having shot a friend's 250z , I'm hoping for a better trigger ,and the same friend may be the "test pilot"for a 270z.
 
Slugs my friend... slugs! 🤩
That is why i seek high numbers.
The fpe ceiling tells us alot more than a fps ceiling. (Ammo weight is cleverly often left out when giving those speed numbers). I am just curious if the 270Z in .25 could in fact be a good slug gun?
I like bullpups, but i LOVE traditional looking air rifles especially, and they are hard to find with decent slug-pushing power numbers, only a few out their and I dont have Blackwolf money lol.
Have you tested/played with this rifle already?
Tested and played with them so much that it feels like a job :ROFLMAO: I'll have to say that JSB pellets are far and beyond the ticket to immediate joy with the 250z and the 270z. No surprise there, that is what the factory uses for their barrel related processes.

That said, many of the factory barrels can shoot slugs very well, it just usually involves more work than pellets do. In testing as many guns as I do, I have found having not just an assortment of weights, but also diameters to be incredibly helpful. Zan, Javelin, and JSB slugs are what I tend to reach for consistently. Usually start on the smaller diameters, and work up if the barrel needs it. If one of the weights or sizes doesn't work from one of those brands, then the factory barrel probably won't shoot any slug well. In .25, I usually find something that works in the 30 to 36 grain range, but I've been surprised by some of the 40+ grain slugs on occasion. The closer your get to 70 fpe, the worse shot count will be, but you can usually get at least a full two mag tune, sometimes a few more shots to spare. Over 70 fpe, and you are usually talking a mag and some change.

Unlike pellets, I don't have one particular slug I can swear by in either caliber. It really has been a gun to gun basis in my experience. For more information about recommended starting points in tuning either pellets or slugs, see this thread: Others - 270z setup tips and tricks
 
Tested and played with them so much that it feels like a job :ROFLMAO: I'll have to say that JSB pellets are far and beyond the ticket to immediate joy with the 250z and the 270z. No surprise there, that is what the factory uses for their barrel related processes.

That said, many of the factory barrels can shoot slugs very well, it just usually involves more work than pellets do. In testing as many guns as I do, I have found having not just an assortment of weights, but also diameters to be incredibly helpful. Zan, Javelin, and JSB slugs are what I tend to reach for consistently. Usually start on the smaller diameters, and work up if the barrel needs it. If one of the weights or sizes doesn't work from one of those brands, then the factory barrel probably won't shoot any slug well. In .25, I usually find something that works in the 30 to 36 grain range, but I've been surprised by some of the 40+ grain slugs on occasion. The closer your get to 70 fpe, the worse shot count will be, but you can usually get at least a full two mag tune, sometimes a few more shots to spare. Over 70 fpe, and you are usually talking a mag and some change.

Unlike pellets, I don't have one particular slug I can swear by in either caliber. It really has been a gun to gun basis in my experience. For more information about recommended starting points in tuning either pellets or slugs, see this thread: Others - 270z setup tips and tricks
@airgunnerd Thank you for the outstanding input and product information! This priceless material will certainly help many new 270z owners to have their new air rifle shooting well in the shortest possible time. (y)
 
Have a question about the reg do you have bleed the air from the rifle to decrease the reg pressure???? No one talked about this in any of the videos....
For both the 250z and 270z, you will need to bleed the air tube pressure well below the regulator output pressure before you can then adjust the regulator downward. To me, degassing a rifle to zero is the best strategy for this style of externally adjustable regulator. You can then set the regulator to zero and work your way up from there. Just don't forget to close the degassing screw before you refill your rifle. Open the regulator slowly and work your way up.

If you have a variety of ammo that you want to test, start with the lighter weight ones at the lower pressures, and keep a notebook that details your progress. Work your way up in both pressure and weight, pay attention to the air tube pressure, and top off as needed, preferably prior to falling off the regulator.

The details I like to track are the specific ammunition being used, regulator pressure, speed, distance to target, and group size. Working in this way, you can cover a lot of what is possible with your ammo selection and airgun in a time efficient manner. Once you've finished testing, going back through your notes will reveal ideal tunes, or at least a starting point for fine tuning if needed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top