Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

PCP AirMaks Katran

Jorge shelby

HAM Competitor
16
38
HAM Points
79.50
The only rifle i have ever bought that required nothing more than a bore clean , scope & bipod out of the box and was supperbly accurate . Why ? the Cz match barrels (just like my 5 Cz S200's )
katran.webp
 
Jorge, thanks! Can you post any performance data about your Katran? What ammo does it like best and at what ranges???
 
I had an Airmaks Katran LB and an Airmaks Caiman short both .22 both were incredible performers. The Katran LB I had was getting 100 shots per fill at 880 fps with 18.13, never shot it more than 50 yards though , was at the beginning of my airgun career.

The Caiman with such a short barrel was accurate as all hell out to 60 yards was the max I tested it with 15.89 hades. Shooting them also at 880 fps but only about 30 shots out of the small air reservoir, it was LOUD though.
 
I had an Airmaks Katran LB and an Airmaks Caiman short both .22 both were incredible performers. The Katran LB I had was getting 100 shots per fill at 880 fps with 18.13, never shot it more than 50 yards though , was at the beginning of my airgun career.

The Caiman with such a short barrel was accurate as all hell out to 60 yards was the max I tested it with 15.89 hades. Shooting them also at 880 fps but only about 30 shots out of the small air reservoir, it was LOUD though.
yes the Katrans do tend to bark hence the swedish design 3d printed moderator down to 53dB down from 84dB open muzzle. Not a fan of "bottle|" guns and not fussed about shot count if i need more than 80 shots I would call it aday lolz
 
I had an Airmaks Katran LB and an Airmaks Caiman short both .22 both were incredible performers. The Katran LB I had was getting 100 shots per fill at 880 fps with 18.13, never shot it more than 50 yards though , was at the beginning of my airgun career.

The Caiman with such a short barrel was accurate as all hell out to 60 yards was the max I tested it with 15.89 hades. Shooting them also at 880 fps but only about 30 shots out of the small air reservoir, it was LOUD though.
I have both of the Caimans, the small baby lol and the X model the X model is much quieter but the little baby one I just stuck a anti-venom on it from AOA and it’s extremely quiet now shooting around 857 with 15.9 AEA try those the accuracy is incredible
 
The only rifle i have ever bought that required nothing more than a bore clean , scope & bipod out of the box and was supperbly accurate . Why ? the Cz match barrels (just like my 5 Cz S200's )
View attachment 288
It seems like every AIRMAKS I have bought has been the same way with stellar accuracy. I don’t know what they’re doing, but I hope they keep it up. I’ve had about six of their air rifles. All have been ridiculously accurate.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top