Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Break Barrel Which to buy Weihrauch HW30 or HW 95?

Which to buy? HW 30 or HW 95 ?

  • HW30

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • HW95

    Votes: 4 57.1%

  • Total voters
    7

ernroe

HAM Sniper
266
951
Columbia, SC USA
HAM Points
1,414.75
Country flag
I currently own a HW50S and really like it and decided to buy another springer. I am currently looking at the HW 30 and Hw 95, both are break barrel springers and represent each end of the power spectrum. All I will do with them is shoot them in my backyard range that goes out 50 yards. I really enjoy the HW 50S .22 so much so I decided to add another break barrel .177. It will only be used for target shooting.
 
Another consideration might be the HW97K. The benefits of this rifle are especially it's laser accuracy and the stability of being an underlever. Yes, this gun is on the heavy side at just over 9 pounds, but if its going to be shot from the bench, the weight isn't overly significant. Read up on the HW97K and then give it a shot, I did and I thoroughly enjoy mine at .22 cal and in walnut from AoA. Enjoy, Orv.
 
My first adult airgun was a Beeman R9 (HW95) in .20 back in 2001. Love it but it was/is a little heavy so I bought a R7 (HW30) in .20.. About 2010 I bought a HW 50 in .177. Of the 3, the R7 (HW30) has been my go to springer. Actually, I haven't shot the R9 (HW95) in years.
If you think that you'd like to sell that HW50, I sure would appreciate being able to make an offer for it. Orv.
 
I own a 30 and a 95. From what I’ve been reading on the forums, the 50 has almost the same cocking effort as the 95 but it’s a wee bit smaller. For long plinking sessions, the HW30 in .177 is the way to go. I’ve designated my 95 as my SHTF gun because it’s power is enough for small game hunting.
 
I currently own a HW50S and really like it and decided to buy another springer. I am currently looking at the HW 30 and Hw 95, both are break barrel springers and represent each end of the power spectrum. All I will do with them is shoot them in my backyard range that goes out 50 yards. I really enjoy the HW 50S .22 so much so I decided to add another break barrel .177. It will only be used for target shooting.
I'm With @Hoppalong Doc go 97K🤭. The 30 and 50 in my mind overlap a fair amount with the 30 being better for long sessions, as mentioned. The 95 will be more challenging and better (flatter) @ 40-50Y esp with a tune. Or get the underlever and shake it up! Still want me a 50 someday!
 
My first adult airgun was a Beeman R9 (HW95) in .20 back in 2001. Love it but it was/is a little heavy so I bought a R7 (HW30) in .20.. About 2010 I bought a HW 50 in .177. Of the 3, the R7 (HW30) has been my go to springer. Actually, I haven't shot the R9 (HW95) in years.
I have a Beeman R9 (HW95) in .22 and a Beeman R7 (HW30S) in .177. The R9 is a workout, for one arm, at least. The R7 can be shot all day, and it is extremely accurate!
 
I've owned 2 30s in .22, 95 in .20 and .22 and 50 in .177 , .20 and .22. I loved all of them but found the 50 to be the best all around for plinking and midrange hunting. The 30 was the best plinker for sure with a nice soft recoil and the 95 was excellent for hunting mid-longer range. Every one of them were tuned and deburred for smoothness and longevity. Its hard not to love all of them for thier different attributes.
 
Thx to all who have responded. I dropped the hammer 🛠 on the HW30NSE that AoA is running on special now. I also had them perform the Super Tune Up service. I appreciate all of your comments. I now have 4 Weihrauchs, HW100, HW110, HW50S and soon the HW30. The only non family member is my MROD.
I'm sure we're all in agreement....there is no wrong answer!😎
Give us your feedback when you put it to work, what pellets it loves/speeds, etc🙏
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top