I am on hold until some new Wiha allen wrenches show up. I am going to have to heat a few of the loctited screws with a soldering iron to defeat the loctite and I want new wrenches to insure that I don't strip a head trying to remove them. They are the screws that connect the cocking arm and the probe retention screw. They are down in there and a fine tip soldering iron is all that I can think of to apply heat just where I need it. I have never tried this before, so fingers crossed on that.
I did work on the new Huma regulator's bellville washers, polishing them up a little with 2000 grit sandpaper. I didn't use reg butter to lube it because I don't have any yet, I just thinned out some ultimox with some silicone oil and used that. I think that Huma should change their installation design to allen heads like the FX regulator does, because I'm not a fan of flat bladed screwdrivers around guns, so it's a cop-out design feature to me. Still, watching all the head to head tests, Huma for the win performance wise. That's what counts.
The only documented photo of what's under the carbon fiber sleeve now.
I also took some sandpaper to the Huma transfer ports. They were super sharp and would have definately screwed up orings pulling out the barrel. Here you can see that the previous owner had a Huma transfer port installed also, just not the high flow one, which is what the top one is.
I was hoping to have all of this stuff installed by today because I get my D1 chrony tomorrow and wanted to start checking numbers, but no dice.
I had taken a video the other day of the sound of the hammer hitting the valve and the funny thing about that was, it sounded quieter in person than it does on video. Usually, on video, like when testing moderators, they all sound the same and it is mostly muted. Hammer ping is just the opposite, louder on video. I noticed that watching Gerhard's videos with the Dynamic that his really ping too. I don't think that my modified hammer will, we'll see, but I've got to figure out how to post video first too.
I'm still thinking about all the loctite they use on these guns. It really bugs me if they designed them to need it, and it bugs me even more if they just figured that out after the fact. Thinking on it, watching all of E. Rowe's masterclass videos, when he is taking these guns apart he struggles with them quite a bit too. The only difference between him and me is that he has a warehouse full of parts just off camera, if something goes South, and I don't. That's a pretty big difference. He even talks about needing to use a torch on the transfer port connection to the barrel tube, and says that you need to put loctite on it, yet he does all that stuff off camera. Everything that would give a prospective new customer pause, and a cause for concern, is done off camera. Like breaking out a torch, or having to put your block in a vise to remove the plenum tube, which he also says, but doesn't show on camera. That's really bad form in my opinion. Luckily for me, I didn't need to use a torch to take off the old transfer port, but maybe that was one of the contributing factors to the previous owner being unhappy enough with the gun to sell it. I don't know, but I don't see myself using that much loctite either, especially on the really small little screws that are easy to strip.