Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Panthera FX Airguns Customer Service - Impressive

Billm

Grand HAMster
3,261
13,141
Florida Panhandle
HAM Points
12,833.50
Country flag
I thought I’d share a couple of comments about FX U.SA. Customer support. They make it clear in their emails that the content is not to be shared and I will honor that. I reached out to FX customer support relatively late in the afternoon today (CDT). It was just some general questions about the Panthera MKII and the new barrel system. I also included a link to my thread discussing the Panthera MKII here on HAM. To my pleasant surprise I received a reply 8 minutes later. Not a canned autoresponder response. I received an in-depth, thoughtful response. I’m pretty sure by the response they read my posts detailing my tuning journey. They even offered assistance that I didn’t ask for. I had a couple of additional questions, just to clarify some of my original questions. A few minutes later I received another thoughtful response. I’m beyond impressed. I sent a support question to Beeman over a year ago and have never received a response. I sent a question to BRK asking about the operating range of the regulator in the Sniper XR and also never received a response. Definitely a plus in the post Covid world of customer service.
 
I don't understand how helpful instruction/content to fellow FX users is not to be shared? Is information different if going straight to the source? So what are they holding back on in all of those Masterclass videos? If conducting business properly, and following their own literature and video guides, than nothing they tell you directly should be any different and certainly should not be harmful to share, only helpful. So why wouldn't they want helpful info to get out? I am being overtly facetious because this kind of stuff really makes me shake my head.

I'm actually very happy that you got an answer and help quickly. Good on them for that!
 
So you think their response is going to help out?
They felt the spread was too great, but that I’d done most of what they would recommend. They asked me to send it to them. I politely declined. Too soon for that. My Questions were more about how the rifles are generally set up before shipping, such as trigger setting (PRS, Hunting, benchrest) etc.. I told them that I had worked up from 90 bar to 150 bar. They agreed that “high pressure - low hammer” was the way to go as you and Pumacarl had suggested.

I don't understand how helpful instruction/content to fellow FX users is not to be shared? Is information different if going straight to the source? So what are they holding back on in all of those Masterclass videos? If conducting business properly, and following their own literature and video guides, than nothing they tell you directly should be any different and certainly should not be harmful to share, only helpful. So why wouldn't they want helpful info to get out? I am being overtly facetious because this kind of stuff really makes me shake my head.

I'm actually very happy that you got an answer and help quickly. Good on them for that!
I think it’s a general statement. A lot of the time a company worries that when something they do above and beyond for a customer is shared, it’ll trigger are an avalanche of customers requesting similar treatment.
 
Ya know bill after reading your post here i went back and read some of your first posts from when you got the gun. There you did have a low sd. You didn’t by chance turn the reg the wrong way did you? I don’t know much about the new regs but the old ones didn’t like that much at all
 
They felt the spread was too great, but that I’d done most of what they would recommend. They asked me to send it to them. I politely declined. Too soon for that. My Questions were more about how the rifles are generally set up before shipping, such as trigger setting (PRS, Hunting, benchrest) etc.. I told them that I had worked up from 90 bar to 150 bar. They agreed that “high pressure - low hammer” was the way to go as you and Pumacarl had suggested.


I think it’s a general statement. A lot of the time a company worries that when something they do above and beyond for a customer is shared, it’ll trigger are an avalanche of customers requesting similar treatment.
True Bill, but all of their other customers paid to play too. They should receive similar treatment anyway. An avalanche of customer service requests won't happen often with a top tier gun.
 
Ya know bill after reading your post here i went back and read some of your first posts from when you got the gun. There you did have a low sd. You didn’t by chance turn the reg the wrong way did you? I don’t know much about the new regs but the old ones didn’t like that much at all
Well, that would really suck! I could see that happening to me really easily. I already almost adjusted my Macro with the gun cocked. Changing the sidelever to the left side has really helped preventing me from even thinking about doing this again.
 
Ya know bill after reading your post here i went back and read some of your first posts from when you got the gun. There you did have a low sd. You didn’t by chance turn the reg the wrong way did you? I don’t know much about the new regs but the old ones didn’t like that much at all
No, I’ve followed the book on it. Never more than a 1/4 turn, bottle pressure higher than the reg pressure when increasing etc.. it states that you can decrease the reg under pressure in 1/4 turn increments, as long as you dry fire several times after each adjustment. I’ve been increasing the reg a 1/4 turn, hence the odd pressure settings. From what I’ve read the pistons are real sensitive. If they tell me it doesn’t void the warranty, I’m more than willing to disassemble it and take a look. I was shooting it today at 150 bar and waiting 2-2 minutes between shots.
 
Well, that would really suck! I could see that happening to me really easily. I already almost adjusted my Macro with the gun cocked. Changing the sidelever to the left side has really helped preventing me from even thinking about doing this again.
Ya especially with a new gun really easy to do something dumb lol i know i have.
 
Ya especially with a new gun really easy to do something dumb lol i know i have.
I will say, that now that I completely understand how that whole hammer spring adjustment system works, it is impressive. I wish some of the parts were more robust but it does work well. It was clever to get such precision from something so easily adjusted. You are right about new guns, there's always a learning curve.
 
I really like the Macro and Micro wheel and the sliding scale. But, there are a lot of warnings lol: don’t adjust the reg more than a 1/4 turn, Don’t shoot below the reg pressure, don’t adjust the macro/micro while cocked.
 
Fx especially which is why i like the ghost so much. You basically get the same performance and versatility as fx but done in a much simpler fashion and with that big chunk of aluminum nothing moves
I'd hate to jinx myself, but my gun has really held its zero perfectly. No shifts yet. Another good reason to keep the pressure up in the plenum.
 
I really like the Macro and Micro wheel and the sliding scale. But, there are a lot of warnings lol: don’t adjust the reg more than a 1/4 turn, Don’t shoot below the reg pressure, don’t adjust the macro/micro while cocked.
You can shoot below the reg pressure if you turn down your Macro wheel between shots. In a Master Class video E. Rowe talks about the right way to do it. His explanation matched what I had already done intuitively, perfectly, lol!
 
You can shoot below the reg pressure if you turn down your Macro wheel between shots. In a Master Class video E. Rowe talks about the right way to do it. His explanation matched what I had already done intuitively, perfectly, lol!
I’ll have to watch that video, I’ve just been quitting and refilling before it drops off. But at 150 bar, that’s not a lot of shots and then waiting for the temps to stabilize.
 
I’ll have to watch that video, I’ve just been quitting and refilling before it drops off. But at 150 bar, that’s not a lot of shots and then waiting for the temps to stabilize.
I just shoot down below the reg when I'm purging the plenum, not for regular shooting. You just keep going down on the hammer spring so that you don't screw up the valve hitting it too hard.

You're right, not a lot of shots at 150b, but man are they accurate, and my SD is usually 2 with H&N, I have had 0 with the AirMarksman.
 
I have a 100 cu in bottle i fill to 250 b shooting the drs (230 fill) i shoot down to 150 fill gun 1 time shoot down to about 200 b and now i just tether the tank to gun it goes up to just under 230 and i can shoot about 150 or so pellets that way
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top