Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Would You Be Interested In A Free Online Informal target Competition

Would You Be Interested In An Informal online Benchrest Competition


  • Total voters
    26
Gen 3 Marauder .22cal
JTS 18g Pellets at 880
Hawke Frontier Scope
50 yards indoors

View attachment 22885
Man, I am crunching numbers, and weighing options on my next rifle. I'm suffering over the FXs (Impact M4 or King) and the Daystate/BRKs (really like the mechanical Black Wolf.) Being willing to spend whatever, the Maurader gen 3 is a very attractive option at a very attractive price. The proof is in Benjeneer John's score!
 
Man, I am crunching numbers, and weighing options on my next rifle. I'm suffering over the FXs (Impact M4 or King) and the Daystate/BRKs (really like the mechanical Black Wolf.) Being willing to spend whatever, the Maurader gen 3 is a very attractive option at a very attractive price. The proof is in Benjeneer John's score!
Yes, the Marauder Gen 3 is very accurate, so is John. I almost ordered a second Gen 3 to convert into a dedicated 50yd benchrest rifle. I’ve been shooting mine at 76yds. I’ll post it in another thread later.
 
Last edited:
@Awl In have you seen the groups that Bill has posted? He is putting down some great groups! The Gen 3s run well.

The rifle I shot today was the one that Stephen Archer reviewed.

There are a lot of great options in your list. I know I am biased but the Gen 3 is a good buy for the money. Should you buy one? Yes! Should you also buy an FX or a Daystate? Yes! I haven't owned a high-end Daystate but always enjoy shooting them. I have a huslntsman.
I had an M2 and have an M3 and a King both in 22. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about either.

John
 
@Awl In have you seen the groups that Bill has posted? He is putting down some great groups! The Gen 3s run well.

The rifle I shot today was the one that Stephen Archer reviewed.

There are a lot of great options in your list. I know I am biased but the Gen 3 is a good buy for the money. Should you buy one? Yes! Should you also buy an FX or a Daystate? Yes! I haven't owned a high-end Daystate but always enjoy shooting them. I have a huslntsman.
I had an M2 and have an M3 and a King both in 22. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about either.

John
Thanks John. I do have questions and will PM. It the rifle that Bill is shooting the Maurader he won at the Pyramid Cup Raffle?
 
If you enjoy some friendly shooting competition but for whatever reason you can’t compete or participate in any, I might have the solution for you. If like me you can’t find any local clubs or maybe you have health problems that limit your mobility, lack of free time or maybe you’re just more comfortable shooting at home.
I might have a simple solution for you and the only cost is the price of targets and I even have a way to reduce that cost. Did I mention it will be free to enter and you can do it on your time, when and where it is convenient for you. All you need is a smartphone or iPad, an air rifle .22, .25 or .30. And a special paper target.
We can make some basic rules, but my intent is to make it as easy to participate as possible. The most important requirement is that you bring your “Personal Integrity” with you. The scoring is automated, the integrity comes into play when you set your distance.
For you old timers, this is the modern day “postal match”. Instead of mailing your target to some far off place, you simply take a photograph your target with a FREE app. The app lets me setup an event and I can invite shooters from around the world to participate. You can click on the event and join in.
We can agree on distances etc.,to shoot at. It’s basically a 50yd/m benchrest card, but we can shoot it at any distance we like. The app calculates the center of each hole and scores it as a .22. If we can get more participants by shooting at a shorter distance like 20yds so be it. If there’s enough interest we could even have events at different ranges.
It’s a great way to have fun and try some stress free competition, it took me a few minutes to set up a test event.
I am going to launch a Free online benchrest competition. I will be more than glad to make some prizes for it.

I already have some targets, I believe @duchunter007 does. and I know at least one other person has some ordered. I’m willing to mail smaller quantities of targets to someone if they don’t want to buy a package of them.
Billm, Could we use a .25 Cal for the BR? Just bought a new Airmaks Katran NL HP PRS model in .25 Cal and would love to get it involved in something like this. I only have a 18Y setup at home but have a range not to far that goes out to 250Y. Also are you thinking, can a Pellet or Slug optional projectile be used? It may be too early to know all this now but something to consider as per initial rules of the match. If I can get 1 target, I can make copies at home.
 
Billm, Could we use a .25 Cal for the BR? Just bought a new Airmaks Katran NL HP PRS model in .25 Cal and would love to get it involved in something like this. I only have a 18Y setup at home but have a range not to far that goes out to 250Y. Also are you thinking, can a Pellet or Slug optional projectile be used? It may be too early to know all this now but something to consider as per initial rules of the match. If I can get 1 target, I can make copies at home.
.25 is fine. The targets are A3 size
 
Shot my last card this morning before going to the office. Beautiful day but the sunshine sure messed with my scope. Or maybe its me?
 

Attachments

  • P3 at 50 1.webp
    P3 at 50 1.webp
    246.6 KB · Views: 3
  • P3 at 50 2.webp
    P3 at 50 2.webp
    346.8 KB · Views: 3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top