Not exactly airgun but I spent about 2 hours killing flys with my bug asalt rifle and it is a springer.I did manage to kill around 50 flys.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Not exactly airgun but I spent about 2 hours killing flys with my bug asalt rifle and it is a springer.I did manage to kill around 50 flys.
We have open season year round.Fired my Uragan 2 700 .25 this morning. Only fired one, 5-shot group at 50yds just for trigger-time, and to make sure zero is remaining spot on. Would love to shoot it a lot more but the Altaros 49.5gr slugs are $0.30 a shot, or $1.50 for one five shot group!
First day coyote calling for this Fall/Winter season will be Friday evening. Hope the U2 gets a chance to send an Altaros to an unlucky Yote!
Also fired 40-shots through the 250z at 50yds this morning. Still grouping, and maintaining it's zero. Nothing not to like about a rifle that performs like the 250z.![]()
What I meant was that I only hunt coyote during Fall and Winter. Friday is the first day I'll go calling this season. Coyotes are still unprotected wildlife here in Oregon. Animal rights groups are constantly trying to get it shut-down all together!We have open season year round.
What I was doing gun related is wondering if there are any organized air rifle ranges in Oregon, aside from the facility in Ashland, which is next door to California, and hours away from Clackamas.What I meant was that I only hunt coyote during Fall and Winter. Friday is the first day I'll go calling this season. Coyotes are still unprotected wildlife here in Oregon. Animal rights groups are constantly trying to get it shut-down all together!
I don't know the answer to that question.What I was doing gun related is wondering if there are any organized air rifle ranges in Oregon, aside from the facility in Ashland, which is next door to California, and hours away from Clackamas.
Complain they do right up until they start taking your pets or calfs as they are being born.What I meant was that I only hunt coyote during Fall and Winter. Friday is the first day I'll go calling this season. Coyotes are still unprotected wildlife here in Oregon. Animal rights groups are constantly trying to get it shut-down all together!
Well I didn't get to spend much time on that, I had to drive Miss Daisy. My wife wanted to get out so we did just that.....electric buggy at you guessed it wally world. She didn't run over anybody or hit anything so that was a good trip. I did get a little time in on the gen 3, I went from 1100 reg. to 1400 an found that the hammer spring doesn't take much. JSB 18.13 is running around 890ish now, it was around 750ish. It seems to group a little better there we'll see with some more tinkering.I'm going to tune a little on my marauder gen 3. See where it is and where it is happy.
Before you turned-up the reg. did you try adjusting the hammer spring? I've been curious about how the assisted-valve and hammer spring interact together on the Gen 3. My U2 has an assisted-valve and the hammer spring has no affect over the valve.Well I didn't get to spend much time on that, I had to drive Miss Daisy. My wife wanted to get out so we did just that.....electric buggy at you guessed it wally world. She didn't run over anybody or hit anything so that was a good trip. I did get a little time in on the gen 3, I went from 1100 reg. to 1400 an found that the hammer spring doesn't take much. JSB 18.13 is running around 890ish now, it was around 750ish. It seems to group a little better there we'll see with some more tinkering.
No I went from 1100 to 1400 on the reg that brought it from 750ish to about 870 and then less than a 1/4 turn of the hammer spring took it to low 890s. Very little on the hammer spring. The chonograph I got is a very cheap china model, I don't know why I bought the thing now I have got to get a good one.Before you turned-up the reg. did you try adjusting the hammer spring? I've been curious about how the assisted-valve and hammer spring interact together on the Gen 3. My U2 has an assisted-valve and the hammer spring has no affect over the valve.
Sounds close enough on the chronograph. I really only use it to get a rough idea of changes and to be able to set my app up for drop. Defiantly not the be all of tuning. Often I have to put it down and look at the paper.No I went from 1100 to 1400 on the reg that brought it from 750ish to about 870 and then less than a 1/4 turn of the hammer spring took it to low 890s. Very little on the hammer spring. The chonograph I got is a very cheap china model, I don't know why I bought the thing now I have got to get a good one.
Sounds close enough on the chronograph. I really only use it to get a rough idea of changes and to be able to set my app up for drop. Defiantly not the be all of tuning. Often I have to put it down and look at the paper.
I would recommend shooting it to see how it groups. Keep adding hammer spring until the best group or you run out of speed. All of my rifles shoot JSBs Exact 18.13 around 910-960 for best groups. I tried 840 to 880 like all the recommendations, but mine shoot killer groups at those speeds and I did not look at the speed till after.
Try this site out to visualze the ballistics. I find it valuable personally.
OOOH y'all thought I knew what I was doing! That's funny. I had read somewhere that was a good starting point for a .22 cal. I'll get out in the morning do some shooting and work my way up.Thanks for the info I'm going to need all I can get.
Nice catchLast night I was going to clean the barrel and found out it was loose. They tell you to fill from 0 you may have to turn the barrel, the two screws at the top of the breach were loose that hold the barrel tight. I don't know at what point they worked loose but I will keep an eye on them and if it happens again will put lock tight on them. I was wondering why my groups were opening up, I thought It was just another sign of getting old.





Friend, there 'ain't' nothin' wrong with those groups..., whether a guy has the 'shakes', or not!Well as some of you know I bought a refurbished Vectis and the crown was bad so I couldn't get it to group, at all. I wrote to them and they sent me a new barrel.
Today I got a chance to shoot it and even though I only have about 100 rounds through it I was pleased with how it shot. This is only at 30 yards, 5 shot groups. Now I have something I can work with if I could just stop shaking. My hands shake some just holding a cup of coffee now. Getting old is not much fun.
View attachment 23500View attachment 23501View attachment 23502View attachment 23503View attachment 23504
Your groups look great, yes, getting old sucks. But it’s great to be alive. Every new day is a good day.Well as some of you know I bought a refurbished Vectis and the crown was bad so I couldn't get it to group, at all. I wrote to them and they sent me a new barrel.
Today I got a chance to shoot it and even though I only have about 100 rounds through it I was pleased with how it shot. This is only at 30 yards, 5 shot groups. Now I have something I can work with if I could just stop shaking. My hands shake some just holding a cup of coffee now. Getting old is not much fun.
View attachment 23500View attachment 23501View attachment 23502View attachment 23503View attachment 23504
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.