Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Retailer using USPS flate rate boxes and padded envelopes as packaging

Hvacguy

HAM Sharp Shooter
152
426
HAM Points
1,971.50
Country flag
A while ago I bought some pellets and other doo-dads from Fox Airpower. For padding he used about 5 small flat rate boxes and each tin of pellets was wrapped in a flat rate padded envelope. Of course everything arrived un-damaged but it didn't feel right that he mis-used USPS materials. When retailers cut corners like that I wonder where else they cut corners.. What are your thoughts? Am I overthinking it?
 
Last edited:
A while ago I bought some pellets and other doo-dads from Fox Airpower. For padding he used about 5 small flat rate boxes and each tin of pellets was wrapped in a flat rate padded envelope. Of course everything arrived un-damaged but it didn't feel right that he mis-used USPS materials. When retailers cut corners like that I wonder where else they cut corners.. What are your thoughts? Am I overthinking it?
@Hvacguy I think you may be overthinking it. As someone mentioned, he likely used what he had onhand. I've never shopped with Fox, but I know that Trenier regularly ships pellets using blank bubble mailers as protection. They work well. Other than that, how was their customer service and shipping?
 
Some times at work when you run out of material a person has to use whatever is around maybe. Robbing Peter to pay Paul if they forgot to order packing materials would be my guess. Better to get an order shipped than make a customer wait on the business?
I forgot to mention, USPS priority boxes and envelopes are free to obtain because they assume you'll pay for the priority label. You grab as many as you want from a post office or even order them online for free.
 
I would take the win and just be glad that he cared enough to get them to you undamaged any way he could. There are places that won't put anything in the box to protect them, and they bounce around the whole trip. Had that happen a couple of times so now I only buy from places I trust even if it is a buck or two more.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top