Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Notos Notos Gen 2 owners — does yours hold zero day-to-day? Mine moves whole groups with nothing changed

LineofD

New member
1
0
HAM Points
20.00
Looking specifically for Notos Gen 2 owner experience before I send mine back to Umarex.

Problem: the rifle can shoot very tight groups, but the entire POI moves.
  • ~80% of the time, zero is noticeably different the next shooting session.
  • I've now had it happen twice during the same session.
  • The same-session shifts happened with:
  • no refill
  • pressure still above regulator
  • no turret adjustment
  • same FX 15.9-gr domed pellets
  • same exact 30-yard distance
  • same Matrix benchrest
  • same target sheet — I simply moved to the next bull
  • Some shifts are large enough that correcting them would require roughly 10–20 scope clicks.
  • These are whole groups moving, not individual flyers.

Things already ruled out:
  • Scope rings tight
  • Ring-to-Picatinny clamps tight
  • Parallax/AO set for 30 yd and verified by moving my eye — reticle stays stationary on target
  • Same ammo ~600 pellets spent trying to diagnose this
  • Same supported shooting setup
Equipment:
  • Umarex Notos Gen 2
  • Monstrum Panzer 2–10×40 AO
  • FX 15.9-gr domed pellets
  • 30 yards

I can also feel a very slight amount of movement between the upper/barrel assembly and air tube, although the accessible top rail screw is snug.

Mine was one of the early Gen 2 rifles delivered in July.

What I really want to know from other G2 owners:

  1. If you zero yours, put it away, and pick it up tomorrow, is the zero normally still there?
  2. Has anyone had whole groups abruptly move like this?
  3. If yes, what was ultimately wrong — barrel/receiver/rail retention, scope, regulator, or something else?
At this point, if other G2 owners routinely get a stable day-to-day zero, I'm going to stop troubleshooting and let Umarex handle it under warranty. Ex-military and have been shooting for 30+ yrs but this is my first PCP so I don't have a good basis for comparison. Thanks for any experience sharing.

Photos:
1. Moving groups example -- no turret change
2. Example of groups I can sometimes get when the damn POI isn't skittering around
 

Attachments

  • image-1787687563395.webp
    image-1787687563395.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image-1788901987733-1.webp
    image-1788901987733-1.webp
    29 KB · Views: 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top