Break Barrel HW50S

Well 2 things I'm not fond of bit just a fact of these guns is ball detants and that "latch". Now good thing is that he50 latch can be took a part / removed to clean and service the spring and sliding parts .. maybe even polish to help maintain a easy smooth action bs sticking and scratching that part of the receiver it enguages to ..

Well 2 things I'm not fond of bit just a fact of these guns is ball detants and that "latch". Now good thing is that he50 latch can be took a part / removed to clean and service the spring and sliding parts .. maybe even polish to help maintain a easy smooth action bs sticking and scratching that part of the receiver it enguages to ..
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but the HW50s is not ball detent, but rather the chisel shaped barrel lockup.

The HW30s is a ball detent though....

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but the HW50s is not ball detent, but rather the chisel shaped barrel lockup.

The HW30s is a ball detent though....
Ya, I was just referring to the 3. the ball, the latch , and chisel types .. should of been more clear

The op was saying
"except what did happen is the plunger wedge was siezed, causing it to gaul away the case hardened steel from the reciever wedge(which is machined as part of the reciever on the 50) i tried everything to remedy it after fixing the plunger wedge, it just kept wearing away the now exposed softer steel, even with moly lube.".

I did jump and mistake that issue with the 35 Latch that scrapes the receiver .

Still the chisel you can make a small compressor so to say and knock knock he pin out and replace the chisle and spring or just to remove to clean up and inspect that issue..

But..... If bought from AoA let them deal with that under there lifetime warranty.. lol

Sorry for my confusion.🥴

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back