I didn’t plan on shooting any squirrels this morning, but the thought crossed my mind since I’d heard and seen them busy in the pine trees. Around 10:40am I decided I’d give it a shot. I grabbed my Prod and grabbed some mags. Then I aired it up. It had about 1000 psi in the reservoir. Next I looked for my Donny FL Tanto. I couldn’t recall where I’d left it. After about 30 mins of searching I was able to locate it, but I was now the tail end of the morning.
I came out with binos and my Primos Trigger Stick bipod and heard a couple of squirrels still cutting pine cones. It was now breezy compared to earlier. As the tree tops swayed, I scanned a few trees trying to keep the sun out of my eyes to locate the feasting rodents. After about maybe 10 minutes of looking I located one through my binos. I didn’t find it difficult to transition to the riflescope. However, what I did find difficult was seeing the fine reticle of my Vector Veyron 3-12x44 FFP. I guess I’ve ran the mileage up on these aging eyes watching the ladies in the years I was still considered a young man. I upped the magnification level from 3x up to who knows and that helped. I watched this gray squirrel chomp down on a fairly exposed branch and placed the crosshairs below the shoulder looking to take out the lungs. Took a shot and missed, but got the squirrel’s attention. It repositioned itself to look at me and I shot again and missed. This airgun and moderator combo is so quiet that it didn’t know what was going on. Third time is a charm. I lined up my shot aiming for the head and hit right striking the shoulder. Then it began to tumble. Because of the angle I didn’t hit both lungs. I ended up walking over and shot it in the head on the ground beneath the tree.
I didn’t hear much activity after catching this late morning straggler. I need more practice shooting my Prod, but I still bagged this one.


I came out with binos and my Primos Trigger Stick bipod and heard a couple of squirrels still cutting pine cones. It was now breezy compared to earlier. As the tree tops swayed, I scanned a few trees trying to keep the sun out of my eyes to locate the feasting rodents. After about maybe 10 minutes of looking I located one through my binos. I didn’t find it difficult to transition to the riflescope. However, what I did find difficult was seeing the fine reticle of my Vector Veyron 3-12x44 FFP. I guess I’ve ran the mileage up on these aging eyes watching the ladies in the years I was still considered a young man. I upped the magnification level from 3x up to who knows and that helped. I watched this gray squirrel chomp down on a fairly exposed branch and placed the crosshairs below the shoulder looking to take out the lungs. Took a shot and missed, but got the squirrel’s attention. It repositioned itself to look at me and I shot again and missed. This airgun and moderator combo is so quiet that it didn’t know what was going on. Third time is a charm. I lined up my shot aiming for the head and hit right striking the shoulder. Then it began to tumble. Because of the angle I didn’t hit both lungs. I ended up walking over and shot it in the head on the ground beneath the tree.
I didn’t hear much activity after catching this late morning straggler. I need more practice shooting my Prod, but I still bagged this one.




