Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

.25 AEA 33.9 ballistic coefficient

wolfmangreg

HAM Ranger
659
2,778
Cold Spring, Kentucky
HAM Points
3,933.75
Guaranteed Shooting Spot at EBR 2024
Country flag
Thought I'd pass along what I found in testing. These perform extremely well out of my 🦗.

- ~24“ CZ barrel
- 1:17" twist
- 901 fps muzzle velocity
- 80F, 65%rh, elevation 810 ft
- based on speeds @ 1 & 50 yards

Strelok Pro calculated BC at 0.060 (G1). Real world results are very consistent with Strelok prediction from 10 to 100 yards using that BC.

Have seen reports elsewhere in the net of measured BC of 0.058 (G1) & 0.063 (no drag model reference), but do not know the particulars of testing.
 
Greg, are you shooting much smaller groups than the JSB? So far, in .30 my gun still shoots JSB the best, but I haven't tried an AEA in .25 yet.
 
Greg, are you shooting much smaller groups than the JSB? So far, in .30 my gun still shoots JSB the best, but I haven't tried an AEA in .25 yet.
Not a huge difference, but at 100 they are consistently a little smaller. Most of the difference is in vertical dispersion, I'm guessing due to weight variation being greater in the JSB.
 
are the AEA pellets supose to be better across the diferant calibers?
I have not really looked at them but I am open to anything that will offer an improvement to my groups.
 
are the AEA pellets supose to be better across the diferant calibers?
I have not really looked at them but I am open to anything that will offer an improvement to my groups.
Think the magic 8 ball would say "reply hazy, try again" 😁

AEA 50.5 grain .30 caliber are the new darling of the "pro" bench rest circuit, apparently to the point that getting hold of some is like trying to find unicorn tears for a regular Joe.
My only experience is with the .25 caliber in 33.9 & 29.5 grains. The 29.5 were ok from my rifle, but the 33.9 are great.
 
Last edited:
Thought I'd pass along what I found in testing. These perform extremely well out of my 🦗.

- ~24“ CZ barrel
- 1:17" twist
- 901 fps muzzle velocity
- 80F, 65%rh, elevation 810 ft
- based on speeds @ 1 & 50 yards

Strelok Pro calculated BC at 0.060 (G1). Real world results are very consistent with Strelok prediction from 10 to 100 yards using that BC.

Have seen reports elsewhere in the net of measured BC of 0.058 (G1) & 0.063 (no drag model reference), but do not know the particulars of testing.
I'm hearing nothing but good things about them. , AEA Center Punch pellets are indeed being used in shooting matches. For example, during the 2024 Pyramyd AIR Cup, shooters used AEA Center Punch 18.3-grain domed pellets in various competitions
 
I’m not finding the bc to be that high out of the ghost im getting .048. And boy does it throw flyers when the barrel gets dirty! Went from 3” groups yesterday to 1” groups today after a good cleaning!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top