Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

ZAN Hyper Line ELR Slug

Pumacarl

Grand HAMster
3,291
12,397
HAM Points
13,150.00
Country flag
Has anyone tried these yet at 100y or further?

How many did you shoot? I am wondering if I need to shoot more to come to a fair conclusion. All of my non-hyper line coated ZAN slugs shoot awesome from the start, these haven't started yet. I only shot about 60 shots, but they are so wild I feel like I'm wasting air. How far do I need to go before I call it a day? They are not even the right weight, the box says 40.7 and they are all exactly 40. I'm checking to see if I got a bad box, because that would be about the only thing that would make sense. My gun shoots a 0fps to 3fps spreads with other regular lead ZAN and AM and H&N slugs. The hyper lines were giving me a 110fps spread when I stopped shooting them. The shots were all on the reg and I was hand feeding them at that point to see if it was the magazine or feed issue. It wasn't. I went back to the standard slugs and the gun shot normal again.

One other member told me he was having problems too. If anyone tells me that their .218 40.7gr hyper lines are shooting lights out, then I will just put 100 down the barrel and try again. It just seems really unlikely to happen at this point. Which hyper line slug is shooting well? I haven't read anything from members. I love the idea of these slugs and I want them to work. I will buy another box when someone with a FX superior heavy 1in16" liner says they are shooting great in theirs, and ship my remaining slugs back to ZAN.
 
Has anyone tried these yet at 100y or further?

How many did you shoot? I am wondering if I need to shoot more to come to a fair conclusion. All of my non-hyper line coated ZAN slugs shoot awesome from the start, these haven't started yet. I only shot about 60 shots, but they are so wild I feel like I'm wasting air. How far do I need to go before I call it a day? They are not even the right weight, the box says 40.7 and they are all exactly 40. I'm checking to see if I got a bad box, because that would be about the only thing that would make sense. My gun shoots a 0fps to 3fps spreads with other regular lead ZAN and AM and H&N slugs. The hyper lines were giving me a 110fps spread when I stopped shooting them. The shots were all on the reg and I was hand feeding them at that point to see if it was the magazine or feed issue. It wasn't. I went back to the standard slugs and the gun shot normal again.

One other member told me he was having problems too. If anyone tells me that their .218 40.7gr hyper lines are shooting lights out, then I will just put 100 down the barrel and try again. It just seems really unlikely to happen at this point. Which hyper line slug is shooting well? I haven't read anything from members. I love the idea of these slugs and I want them to work. I will buy another box when someone with a FX superior heavy 1in16" liner says they are shooting great in theirs, and ship my remaining slugs back to ZAN.
Have you measured the diameter of a sampling of the slugs? It sounds like they’re either the wrong diameter or have inconsistent diameters. They look good though 😉😎
 
Have you measured the diameter of a sampling of the slugs? It sounds like they’re either the wrong diameter or have inconsistent diameters. They look good though 😉😎
All of the diameters measure a perfect .218. The lengths are very good and the weights are all 40gr on the nose. The base bullet's size and weight isn't the problem, it would seem, although they are supposed to weigh 40.7gr. That's why I think that I got a bad batch, that and them flying all over the place with huge velocity spreads.
 
Well, it's been over a month and I still have not read any members here, or over at AGN, shooting the ZAN 40.7 grain Hyper Line ELR .218, successfully. I have not come across a single YouTube video either. Everything that I have seen is with the lighter weight version, and it is shooting pretty good. If anybody has seen a video, or read a report, please post up a link.

I PM a lot, so I often forget what I post publicly. I know that I posted somewhere that I have seen videos of YouTube content creators discussing why they, understandably, won't post a negative review for a product. It's not worth it to them so they would rather just skip it and not post anything. I have to believe, at this point, that is what is happening here. I still find it perplexing that almost no members, who have no affliations, have posted anything about these particular slugs. Only me and @pfddi, that I know of, have said anything. Nobody else bothered to try them yet? Really? It sure seems like a lot of people are trying the 34.6gr version, who aren't very curious about the 40.7 size. I'm skeptical.
 
And I know that there usually is something like a 100 to 1 guest to member ratio looking at these threads. If you are reading this thread, or a similar one like it, and could provide some insight, please consider signing up and sharing the info. You obviously are interested enough to be here in the first place, so why not make it count?
 
Last edited:
Well, time to add my 2 cents.

I purchased an FX Impact M4 2 months ago. It shoots H&N slugs like a laser. Any H&Ns I put in it from 20g to 28g is in the same hole. I use 25g slugs to trim branches it shoots so well.

Then I tried Zan ELR Hyper Line slugs in 40.7. Like the original poster, they measured .218 and 40g not 40.7g. They tumbled and keyholed at every distance. I might use them as fishing weights, but not as projectiles.

Edited for additional info: I had the Superior Heavy liner in it. Reg was at 140 bar. Macro at 16, Micro at 4.
 
Well, time to add my 2 cents.

I purchased an FX Impact M4 2 months ago. It shoots H&N slugs like a laser. Any H&Ns I put in it from 20g to 28g is in the same hole. I use 25g slugs to trim branches it shoots so well.

Then I tried Zan ELR Hyper Line slugs in 40.7. Like the original poster, they measured .218 and 40g not 40.7g. They tumbled and keyholed at every distance. I might use them as fishing weights, but not as projectiles.
Thanks for your reply, I wish it had been better news. That makes five months without reading one good review of this slug, or seeing one video on it. Zan has said nothing, and that surprises me the most. Every time that I have mentioned how bad this particular slug is I always get comments to go check out a video or an article that actually is about the 34.6gr version, so if you're considering doing that, don't, I know that one isn't a problem. The 40.7gr should have been recalled by now. I figured the reason that I had not heard or seen anything all summer is that they had pulled them off the shelves, obviously not.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top