Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Impact Thoughts on m3

Solo1

Moderator
3,011
8,458
Ne pa
HAM Points
10,784.75
Country flag
Hi all wanted to give my thoughts on the m3 and hear some of yours.
So far I’m very happy with mine I haven’t and any real problems but have done some changes. My started as a compact 25 , got a 600mm 22 and 25 barrel kits and a 580 cc bottle. Have it tuned for 22-27.5 nsa @ 930 and 25- 34 nsa @ 930 using 135 bar reg and just making adjustments to the power wheel. It will shoot moa @ 100 with both. The only addons are a bisley butt pad, verticle grip and air marksman top rail which in my opinion is what the stock rail should be like. So what about yours?
 
I have touched the impact and only shot it a few times. I like the gun and I am really glad that you have had a good experience with them. I own a Streamline my self and I have had no problems at all with it at all. The Impact is a versatile gun that has a grate shooting reputation.
 
I too have a MkII with the upgraded plenum and hammer. I also have a M3!
I enjoy both guns, in .30 cal and .357.
One compact and one was standard ( which I think was the 600 mm) it was before the 700 mm barrel came out.
Over 700 rounds thru both guns, mostly pellets. I love the Haties pellets.
As I’m a varmint hunter in our orchard!
I had to replace one oring because I forgot to lube it. And sliding the barrel in and out of the gun it ripped.
Be sure to use good quality Allen drivers and take pictures before and after you remove screws until you get used to taking the gun down and putting it together.
It helps if you forget what length of screw goes where.
So accurate and fun to shoot.
 
MkII and MkIII also. MkII is .35 cal. with .30 and .25 cal. barrel kits. 20,000+ rounds through that gun. Great learning platform. MkIII is .30 cal. with .22 cal. barrel kit. Better fine tuning ability for me. About 1,000 rds through it at this time. I'm happiest when learning and these guns provide a lot of education. Mike
 
I bought an M3 to use for benchrest.... even though I am DEFINITELY NOT a benchrest shooter. However I kinda....have to shoot bench now, and I even have started to enjoy it. Anyway I found the M3 in .30 cal to be devastatingly accurate with pellets. We're talking sub-MOA at 100 yards. I used it at NAC and more recently RMAC. At NAC I made finals with it, my best card being a 220 2x (IIRC). At RMAC I did not shoot as well and didn't make finals, best card was a 212. At home I have been able to consistently shoot 220-230s with it. Pretty impressive, especially in the hands of a slug shooting hunter who is not at all a wind-reading bench shooter. This M3 will stay a pellet only dedicated bench rest gun.
Check out this video on it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
I bought an M3 to use for benchrest.... even though I am DEFINITELY NOT a benchrest shooter. However I kinda....have to shoot bench now, and I even have started to enjoy it. Anyway I found the M3 in .30 cal to be devastatingly accurate with pellets. We're talking sub-MOA at 100 yards. I used it at NAC and more recently RMAC. At NAC I made finals with it, my best card being a 220 2x (IIRC). At RMAC I did not shoot as well and didn't make finals, best card was a 212. At home I have been able to consistently shoot 220-230s with it. Pretty impressive, especially in the hands of a slug shooting hunter who is not at all a wind-reading bench shooter. This M3 will stay a pellet only dedicated bench rest gun.
Check out this video on it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Really if you ask me ( even if a haven’t shot a big match) it comes down to luck on the day with pellets @ 100 yds even if you’re good at reading the wind. It is a lot of fun though!
 
It's always nice to when you walk up to the target and the guy there shooting his 308 has a group twice as big as yours and you see his jaw drop when he sees your target! Lol
 
I have both an Impact Mk II and a Mk III. If you're shooting both off regularly, the safe/fire position being oppose of one another, can become a potential safety issue for obvious reasons. Other than that....

I shoot more than anyone I know. Average daily shot count hovers around 50 rounds, and sometimes as many as 100 rounds. It is nice to have a pigeon-infested feed lot close to where you live! As a result, the Mk II has had over 20,000 rounds shot through it, without a hitch! The Mk III is approaching 18,000 rounds. It recently went in for warranty repair due to a broken hammer spring. Other than that, no issues whatsoever.

I have the tensioned barrel assembly on the Mk III, and 100 yard groups (indoor range) look like one ragged hole, if I take my time doing so. I'm happy.

What I don't like. I wish the accessory picatinny rails were screwed on, rather than machined as part of the frame. I don't use any supports save for a sand bag once in a while, and the sharp edges of the picatinny rails mar everything they touch. I cover them with rubber covers.

I wish the fill port had more space around it. The only female fitting I'm aware of, has only 5 clamping balls rather than the normal 6. As a result, repeated fillings, over time, tend to roll over the locking surface of the male fitting. Both of these issues make attaching and removing the female fitting difficult. And the lack of a Foster fitting standard just adds insult to injury!
 
I bought an M3 to use for benchrest.... even though I am DEFINITELY NOT a benchrest shooter. However I kinda....have to shoot bench now, and I even have started to enjoy it. Anyway I found the M3 in .30 cal to be devastatingly accurate with pellets. We're talking sub-MOA at 100 yards. I used it at NAC and more recently RMAC. At NAC I made finals with it, my best card being a 220 2x (IIRC). At RMAC I did not shoot as well and didn't make finals, best card was a 212. At home I have been able to consistently shoot 220-230s with it. Pretty impressive, especially in the hands of a slug shooting hunter who is not at all a wind-reading bench shooter. This M3 will stay a pellet only dedicated bench rest gun.
Check out this video on it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Those are awesome scores. Where I shoot, the winds are very tricky. I shoot with a few of the top RMAC and EBR competitors. Scoring above 220 is really good here.
 
I have a Mk2 and had an M3. I loved them both, but I have to admit, that the second reg on the M3 seems a gimick. I mean, I can get my MK2 to far less than 10 fps extreme spread, so what do you gain with the second reg? I still like the M3, but when I got a chance at a Crown, I traded the M3 and kept the MK2. I really think it's an amazing rifle, and not quite as complicated as the M3. Not knocking the M3, just didn't see any improvement over the MK2 with the power plenum.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top