Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Others Scope tightening torque,how to guess?

I'd have to agree, if you know how to use tools, it's likely you don't need a torque wrench for rings. PCP rifles just don't need anything anywhere near tight. Springer can be a problem if they're magnums, but I still only tighten them a bit more and they stay put. If you have to tighten any ring so tight that it marks the scope, you're going too far for sure.

I have a neighbor who damages every scope, mount, ring he puts on. Every one of his scopes has crimp marks. He glues rings to the scope with loctite or super blue, or epoxy, also bases to rifles, he just makes a total mess. I wish I'd kept some pics of them. I've tried to talk to him but it's no good. He needs a torque wrench!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top