Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MTC Optics MTC Optics Viper Connect 4-16x32

Tom Webb-Bowen

HAM Competitor
21
84
HAM Points
130.75
Daystate - 10% discount
Country flag
Here’s my personal and detailed review of the MTC Optics Viper Connect 4-16×32, a scope I’ve been using for Hunter Field Target (HFT) and pest control. This scope has impressed me with its balance, versatility, and performance. Let’s break down what makes the Viper Connect an excellent fit for this shooting. I was very happy using this scope on Sunday at the HFT event; it was very well suited to my Alpha Wolf, allowing good balance, and for a first outing, 50 out of 60 wasn't bad.

thumbnail_IMG_1386.webp

Key Features I Find Outstanding:

1. Ultra-Wide Field of View (FOV):


One of the standout features of the Viper Connect is its ultra-wide field of view. This scope lets me see more of the sight picture, a game-changer, especially for HFT and pest control, where situational awareness is crucial. Unlike traditional scopes, the Viper Connect brings the sight picture closer to your eye, giving you that wide-angle view without compromising clarity or accuracy.

2. Short Eye Relief (Approx. 30mm):

The short eye relief might initially seem unusual, but it’s a brilliant feature for precision shooting. It allows me to get really close to the scope, which enhances the wide field of view and speeds up target acquisition. Once I got used to it, this became one of my favourite aspects of the scope, as it keeps everything compact and balanced.

3. Magnification Range (4-16x):

With a 4-16x zoom, the Viper Connect hits a sweet spot for versatility. At 4x, tracking moving targets at closer ranges is easy and perfect for pest control. When I need to reach out further for HFT, the 16x magnification brings distant targets into clear focus. I’ve found that I don’t have to constantly adjust the magnification, which keeps my shots smooth and consistent.

4. Objective Lens Diameter (32mm):

Though it might seem small compared to some scopes, the 32mm objective lens is well-suited to daylight shooting, which is when I’m typically out for HFT or pest control. The smaller size also keeps the scope compact and lightweight, making it easy to handle without weighing down my setup.

5. MTC AMD2 (Advanced Mil Dot) Reticle:

The AMD2 reticle is a real advantage for both HFT and pest control. It’s clear and precise, with defined aiming points for windage and elevation, improving my accuracy, especially in variable conditions. I’ve found that it provides just the right amount of information without cluttering the sight picture.

6. Side Parallax Adjustment (10 yards to infinity):

The side parallax adjustment is another feature that makes this scope versatile. I can adjust it to 10 yards, which is incredibly useful for close-range pest control and goes all the way to infinity. This flexibility means I can use the Viper Connect for various distances without losing precision, especially when switching targets at different ranges during HFT competitions.

7. Illuminated Reticle with Adjustable Brightness:

This scope comes with an illuminated reticle that’s adjustable for brightness, which is especially helpful during early mornings or at dusk when visibility can be challenging. The reticle illumination is subtle and doesn’t overpower the sight picture so that I can focus on the target without distraction.

8. Multi-Coated Optics:

The multi-coated optics on the Viper Connect provide excellent clarity and brightness. Even in low light, the image stays sharp, and the glare minimises, reducing eye strain. This is a big plus when you’re in it for the long haul, whether on a course or in the field.

9. Turrets Protected by Screw-Off Caps:

The Viper Connect turrets are protected by screw-off caps, adding a layer of security to prevent any accidental adjustments. I like the reassurance that the settings are safely covered once I’ve set my windage and elevation, especially when I’m out in the field.

10. Inclinometer (Angle Indicator):

One unique feature of the Viper Connect is the built-in inclinometer or angle indicator. This tool is especially helpful for shots at an incline or decline, as it provides a quick visual on the angle, helping to make accurate adjustments. For HFT, though, the inclinometer may not be allowed, but the good news is it’s easily removable. Just take it off, and you’re HFT-compliant!

thumbnail_IMG_1354.webp
Build Quality:

The build quality on the Viper Connect is outstanding. It feels durable yet surprisingly light, which makes it ideal for staying balanced on most setups. The 30mm tube construction gives it strength and stability, and the turrets feel solid and precise with straightforward, audible clicks that I find very reassuring. Weighing around 650 grams, it’s light enough to handle with ease. Overall, the construction feels high quality, without any loose or flimsy components – just solid engineering built to last.

Specifications:

  • Magnification: 4-16x, versatile for different shooting distances.
  • Objective Lens: 32mm, compact and ideal for daylight shooting.
  • Field of View: Ultra-wide, enhancing situational awareness.
  • Eye Relief: Approx. 30mm, perfect for getting close to the scope.
  • Tube Diameter: 30mm, adding durability and strength.
  • Reticle Type: MTC AMD2 (Advanced Mil Dot), clear and intuitive.
  • Parallax Adjustment: 10 yards to infinity, suitable for a range of distances.
  • Length: About 287mm, keeping the setup compact.
  • Weight: Approximately 650g, which balances well on various setups.
  • Click Adjustment: 1/4 MOA for precise adjustments.
  • Illumination: Adjustable reticle illumination for low-light conditions.
Overall Impressions:

The MTC Optics Viper Connect 4-16x32 has proven to be a fantastic scope for HFT and pest control. Its ultra-wide field of view, short eye relief, and versatile magnification range give me everything I need for precision shooting. In addition to the compact design and robust build quality, it’s clear why this scope is so popular. If you’re looking for a scope that balances perfectly and offers performance across different shooting disciplines, I highly recommend trying the Viper Connect.

thumbnail_IMG_1356.webp
 
Yes, that is something important to remember but if you've ever heard the pleasure of looking through a variable prism (?) scope...

It'll make you wanna color your hair red and change your name to ariel cause man...you'll signing in the streets, "A whole new world...!" The world is your oyster my lil mermaid.

Mounting options may be slightly curtailed but once you've got her mounted, you'll realizd that pony needs a spot in your stable. The one knock on it, and it can be a pain, but the "ON" button for the IR can be turned on during storage/transport.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top