Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

JSB or Cometa .177 pellets?

Penfold

HAM Shooter
48
165
HAM Points
616.75
Country flag
I already have the red tin of JSB Exact pellets...
1785551202474.webp
I see the Cometa pellets in a green tin...
1785551272723.webp
OK, carefully selected by JSB.
I have seen mention that the Cometa have a thinner skirt, and I'd like to try some.
Are they the same pellet or is there a difference? Maybe a different die is used for the Cometa?
Thanks for any info.
 
I already have the red tin of JSB Exact pellets...
View attachment 22371
I see the Cometa pellets in a green tin...
View attachment 22372
OK, carefully selected by JSB.
I have seen mention that the Cometa have a thinner skirt, and I'd like to try some.
Are they the same pellet or is there a difference? Maybe a different die is used for the Cometa?
Thanks for any info.
Hello sir, I cannot comment on Cometa pellets but I shoot Jsb, FX, and AA pellets (all of course made by Jsb) in the same caliber and weight through the same guns and the guns often prefer the AA and FX🤣🤪
I say go for it and try em out...Share results along the way👍
Are the Cometa cheaper than standard Jsbs?
I know H&N has the excite line, but they are billed as cheaper (quality) pellets too.
 
Tried the Cometa pellets. They were weighed and head size checked (Pelletgage)...and shot...badly.
Maybe I needed to shoot more than 20 of them to lead the barrel, but wouldn't they be the same lead as the JSB Exact which shoot quite well (in my 9015HP)?
Anyway, accurate enough for plinking and pesting I guess, but not good enough for my needs.
Plus I threw about 60 pellets out as they arrived with bent/squashed skirts (probably a NZ supplier issue, not the fault of JSB).
Won't buy again.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending in this forum

Back
Top