Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Recent content by pepi.gets.it.done

  1. pepi.gets.it.done

    Self-Loading NEW! Western Rattler 45 Long Strike!

    I have had great success with the High Arch Hunter ammo, specifically either the 230 gr hollow point (flatter trajectory and great for deer size on down), or the hard hitting 360gr flat nose venom for bigger game. I haven't had the need to try any other ammo
  2. pepi.gets.it.done

    Self-Loading NEW! Western Rattler 45 Long Strike!

    cow elk and buck mulie are on my list to hunt this yr with a long strike... will be a hard hunt, hopefully will pay off.
  3. pepi.gets.it.done

    Self-Loading NEW! Western Rattler 45 Long Strike!

    Yes, Sub-MOA makes them. I visited their shop last wk and from what I understood they are making some minor changes to barrel making process in order to increase accuracy. They showed me some target cards they shot with the new changes... and they are getting benchrest competition accuracy!
  4. pepi.gets.it.done

    Airgun Hunting Photo Thread - The Best of the Best *WARNING: Graphic Photos*

    Last but not least, my favorite quarry to hunt with an airgun are tree squirrels. I love walking through the forest with friends and/or family members looking for this small game species. For such hunts, I like classy or lightweight airguns like the American Air Arms Mini, Paradigm, or the...
  5. pepi.gets.it.done

    Airgun Hunting Photo Thread - The Best of the Best *WARNING: Graphic Photos*

    The hunt I was most excited about after harvesting my quarry, as odd as it may sound, was a double free-range goat hunt. I took two goats with my Daystate Wolverine .303 using 44gr pellets... free range, not a fenced hunt. Both were head shots, one at 50 yds and another at 70... dropped them...
  6. pepi.gets.it.done

    Airgun Hunting Photo Thread - The Best of the Best *WARNING: Graphic Photos*

    I am also an archery, so I love to see arrows fly. Combine arrows with an airgun, and I'm on cloud 9. This whitetail buck was taken with my all-time favorite airgun, my American Air Arms Evol .30 with a custom arrow barrel kit. I have it tuned so I can literally remove my pellet barrel, and...
  7. pepi.gets.it.done

    Airgun Hunting Photo Thread - The Best of the Best *WARNING: Graphic Photos*

    The largest game I have taken to date have been black bear. My first was a cinnamon boar shot off a bait. I used a Western Bushbuck shooting 360gr High Arc Hunter slugs. The scope used was a Hawke 10x. The bear was shot at 50yds, he ran less than 50yds, climbed a tree, and fell dead half way up...
  8. pepi.gets.it.done

    Airgun Hunting Photo Thread - The Best of the Best *WARNING: Graphic Photos*

    I have a soft spot for airguns due to my history with them. Pursing my passion has lead me to have a career in the industry, which allows me to have some amazing and unique opportunities, and more importantly, I have been able to meet some super awesome people! That being said, I'd like to share...
  9. pepi.gets.it.done

    Body shots on iguanas

    Yes, they do have tough, leathery skin. As tough has their skin is, however, its pretty thin.
  10. pepi.gets.it.done

    Body shots on iguanas

    Great questions. When I hunted iguanas with a .30 caliber, I used an FX Crown 500mm barrel with 44gr pellets at 80FPE. All body shots (and head shots) were pass throughs, distances were 5yds-60yds. I even shot them in different parts of their chest cavities thinking maybe I wasn't hitting their...
  11. pepi.gets.it.done

    Body shots on iguanas

    It doesn't make sense to me either, so I'm trying to understand the terminal performance. In firearm hunting articles I've read in the past, they talk about the energy that is wasted when a bullet passes through the animal vs when the bullet stays in. Such articles bring up many points to...
  12. pepi.gets.it.done

    Body shots on iguanas

    I wanted to share my most recent findings on my last iguana hunt, but let me begin with my previous experiences. The first time I went, I took a .30 cal and shot iguanas both in the head and in their vitals. On that trip I noted that body shots did not seem to phase the iguanas, even multi...
  13. pepi.gets.it.done

    Anyone shoot fish with an airgun?

    Yup, they are armored catfish, gar, snakeheads, and a tilapia.
  14. pepi.gets.it.done

    Anyone shoot fish with an airgun?

    I enjoy hunting with an airgun but this is just on a different level. I'm still testing optimal arrow speed, arrow tips and proper arrow setup, but so far testing has been successful!
  15. pepi.gets.it.done

    Info Any wood chuck hunters here?

    On that hunt? I think it was 50-55yds if I remember correctly. With a sub 20FPE, I think it was 70ish.
Back
Top