My other gun is a katran compact in 22, I agree with a little diversity. Im currently selling for a friend an early version mini and he would trade for my katran if I wanted, but honestly there's features about the katran I like more than the mini. The 15" is about the perfect size for a do all...
From the mountains to the farms my 15" Evol has been on pest hunting duty for the last 4 years. Literally thousands of ground squirrel, pigeons, collard dove and starlings have succumbed to the accuracy of this gun. Rugged and reliable , there's a reason it's been one of my two airgun arsenal...
Evol .22 with the new features(valve, easy cocking, external adj reg) 19" 1/16 twist sub moa barrel with original tensioned shroud and moderator system. Basically a slug shooting Evol. Oh and get rid of the burst disc and have standard plug screw bleed off.
Yes mine is a 15" and prior to shifting to the 22 grain pellets I have been shooting javelin 21 grains for a few years. My barrel loves that slug.
I have shot the javelins from what they are right now at about 885 fps up to 970 fps maxed out. My absolute best tune for those was 2250 reg...
I do a ton of pesting with my Evol on ground squirrel and birds. I primarily have used 21 grain javelin slugs for squirrels over the years, but as much as I shoot that gets a little pricey and honestly if the wind is mild I don't always need slugs. I have praised jts 22.07 in the past as being...
As far as pellets go for killing small game, placement will always trump anything else. Use your most accurate out of your gun and go for head/neck shots and they will be drt. In my experience none of the expanding pellets do much different than a good domed. When you go to a good expanding slug...