Wind forecast

Hateful McNasty

HAM Points
Country flag
This weather forecasting around here ..lol

So the other day they showed 20-25 mph winds today showed 9-13 mph wind .

Thing is today's 13 mph is just as strong if not stronger then the 25 mph day was ..
So not so hot today and had to keep it short . 30yards, irons as usual.
windy,R9,30y,irons.jpg

Also knats got bad all of a sudden I got skeeter hawks dive bombing them for a good meal .. they show them knats no mercy . Like sharks in a school of bait fish ..

It may be the best time for pellet testing, as the pellet which is best in calm conditions may well be unusable when the wind blows.
But when they look like they came out of a shotgun its hard to tell what is what! Know what i mean? If you get good groups in calm then by all means see what they do in wind but you first have to know they will group well

I find it interesting to see how shooter, gun, ammo do while trying to shoot groups based on taking shots at beginning, middle and end of the gust. Yes the groups will be huge but it helps learn the wind and better predict the out come of a shot given what you have learned. You can go from shooting groups to shooting for accuracy, while shooting on different spots in the wind. Can you get a 10 when shooting at beginning, middle and end of a gust just as easy as the death spots?

This nearly always happens with our weather forecasts on the news. But then, with our changeable weather, I am not surprised. When we started using predicted local weather on our firing trials rather than our own weather balloons, we had a new forecast every 2 hours and they could change dramatically from one to the next.
I thought the UK was rain or fog ..lol.

Ya, you set on a northern end of the gulf stream and makes interesting weather at times ..

I thought the UK was rain or fog ..lol.

Ya, you set on a northern end of the gulf stream and makes interesting weather at times ..
One of the ranges we used for small arms testing is actually in one of the windiest places in the UK, just what you don't want for test firings. Spent many a day sitting around waiting for the wind to drop to merely gale force.

One of the ranges we used for small arms testing is actually in one of the windiest places in the UK, just what you don't want for test firings. Spent many a day sitting around waiting for the wind to drop to merely gale force.
Gale force , hurricane, or tornadic are my top descriptions of a bad wind day here ..

Heck it's worse then Kansas around here the past 2 years. Ya we had wind but not this harder everyday nonstop like its become .. same with storms . Use to be the nice afternoon thunder storms. But now a days there all server thunderstorm and tornado warnings ...lol.

Crazy.

Anyone ever use wind flags at there target for this purpose? I imagine doing so for say 50 yards, zoom out to you see the bulls and flag and if it picks up, pull alittle left or right and let fly! I may try it this year...Definitely do still shoot in the breeze myself to verify how far off/close shots tend to fall. But an outright gusty day I just pack it in !

Anyone ever use wind flags at there target for this purpose? I imagine doing so for say 50 yards, zoom out to you see the bulls and flag and if it picks up, pull alittle left or right and let fly! I may try it this year...Definitely do still shoot in the breeze myself to verify how far off/close shots tend to fall. But an outright gusty day I just pack it in !
I I got these hanging up at 20 , 40, and 80 yards

50'wind.png

I also got these flags on the racks
vetdaysetup.png
G0d bless America. ( At least what's left of it anyway)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back