Wildcat Wildcat MK3 makes an excellent offhand shooter

Do you have the bottle or tube version?
I always liked the wildcat. I had an mk2 600mm 25cal that was my first “high end” pcp. It was a fantastic shooting gun. I now have a maverick with 600 barrel I’m thinking of swapping out for a wildcat bottle simply for ergonomics. I do miss that wildcat stock.

Do you have the bottle or tube version?
I always liked the wildcat. I had an mk2 600mm 25cal that was my first “high end” pcp. It was a fantastic shooting gun. I now have a maverick with 600 barrel I’m thinking of swapping out for a wildcat bottle simply for ergonomics. I do miss that wildcat stock.
I own the tube version which is my preference because it’s narrower than a bottle and has only one regulator and like you mentioned, ergonomics. I also have a Maverick and find it not as comfortable to carry plus 2 regulators to me mean one more possible issue.

I bought the MK3 VP version in .25 only because I wanted the 600 mm barrel. I replaced the 400 cc aluminum bottle with a 480 cc CF bottle which reduced the weight by 10 oz. This is the perfect lightweight easy handling combination. I also have a MK3 Compact BT in 22 cal. That's nice too.

I own the tube version which is my preference because it’s narrower than a bottle and has only one regulator and like you mentioned, ergonomics. I also have a Maverick and find it not as comfortable to carry plus 2 regulators to me mean one more possible issue.
I didn’t realize the tube version only had one reg. I’ve been dreaming about a Wildcat.

I just picked one up and I would have to say I agree on the off hand shooting. It was a 30cal but I converted it to a 25cal for squirrel hunting. I was planning on selling one of my Mavericks to trade places with it, but I can't decide which one to sell.

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpeg
    IMG_1998.jpeg
    831.2 KB · Views: 2
I just picked one up and I would have to say I agree on the off hand shooting. It was a 30cal but I converted it to a 25cal for squirrel hunting. I was planning on selling one of my Mavericks to trade places with it, but I can't decide which one to sell.
Well if it helps i don’t regret trading my Maverick .30 in to UA

My only dislike about the Maverick is that it is all back. Outside of that once I learned how to tune it, they have been great airguns. In your case it was leaking, and they already had it. I did the same thing with a Daystate Huntsmen XL years ago when it was leaking air and jus traded it in since AOA already had it.

My only dislike about the Maverick is that it is all back. Outside of that once I learned how to tune it, they have been great airguns. In your case it was leaking, and they already had it. I did the same thing with a Daystate Huntsmen XL years ago when it was leaking air and jus traded it in since AOA already had it.
Yeah I wouldn’t have parted with it if basically the stars hadn’t aligned. They’re really nice. Kinda hard to find a good way to carry it comfortably vs a Wildcat with the nice stock. The only reason the Dreamtact is still living here is because it has a folding stock and gets like a 100 shots a fill in .177

I totally agree. I had to rig up an AR tactical set-up for the Maverick to get it to work.
Hey if you need an extra 400cc steel tank with the valve let me know we don’t have a classified section but im
Throwing it out there just in case you want a backup. I also have 2 .30 mags and a Karm single shot tray

MIke did you just not find love for the .30 because it was a .30 or fall out of love with the gun caliber aside?

Hey if you need an extra 400cc steel tank with the valve let me know we don’t have a classified section but im
Throwing it out there just in case you want a backup. I also have 2 .30 mags and a Karm single shot tray
Thanks, but I sold the 30cal barrel as you can't shoot squirrels in TN with anything larger than 25cal air rifle.

MIke did you just not find love for the .30 because it was a .30 or fall out of love with the gun caliber aside?
I loved the gun and the caliber. I have an autistic son which limits my time tremendously tuning and playing around with more complicated guns than my Katran or Leishy Classic that’s mainly the reason why I parted with it I just don’t have time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back