Avenger Update on .22 Avenger Build

Wizard714

HAM Points
Country flag
My son and I took it out to the farm and got some pretty AMAZING numbers. Shot 500 rounds of JSB 33.95 2900psi on reg 4 turns in on hs.( I have a Heavy Hammerspring and a light valve spring, so your settings will be different) Shot 1" groups @ 100yds all day long. I played with reg and HS settings till I found an AMAZING hot tune for the .22 Got 69.9 fpe wth 33.95 pellets ..lol.. Needless to say I'm thrilled with this build. Powerhouse .22 for sure. 40gr slugs on order, this is a 70fpe .22 Avenger.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112_172318_FX Radar.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_172318_FX Radar.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20240112_172333_FX Radar.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_172333_FX Radar.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20240112_172350_FX Radar.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_172350_FX Radar.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20240112_172400_FX Radar.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_172400_FX Radar.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 23
My son and I took it out to the farm and got some pretty AMAZING numbers. Shot 500 rounds of JSB 33.95 2900psi on reg 4 turns in on hs.( I have a Heavy Hammerspring and a light valve spring, so your settings will be different) Shot 1" groups @ 100yds all day long. I played with reg and HS settings till I found an AMAZING hot tune for the .22 Got 69.9 fpe wth 33.95 pellets ..lol.. Needless to say I'm thrilled with this build. Powerhouse .22 for sure. 40gr slugs on order, this is a 70fpe .22 Avenger.
Great bonding and fun times with your son man. Your's shoots incredible and I'm still upgrading mine to get it there. I like the heavy duty barrel band you have on yours. Did you print it yourself? Or did you purchase from an online vendor? 1 inch groups at 100 yards would be amazing!

Great bonding and fun times with your son man. Your's shoots incredible and I'm still upgrading mine to get it there. I like the heavy duty barrel band you have on yours. Did you print it yourself? Or did you purchase from an online vendor? 1 inch groups at 100 yards would be amazing!
Yea, my son is grown with his own family now, so we dont get many chances to do this anymore. Great fun for sure and thats what its all about. I got those barrel bands from AESWEDE. Some of the best 3d printed stuff available. Aaron does a great job. I have many of his items on all my airguns. Very nice quality.

Yea, my son is grown with his own family now, so we dont get many chances to do this anymore. Great fun for sure and thats what its all about. I got those barrel bands from AESWEDE. Some of the best 3d printed stuff available. Aaron does a great job. I have many of his items on all my airguns. Very nice quality.
I got mine out to shoot and it was low on air down to 1500 psi. I always refill my rifles after using last week so I knew something was wrong. After soap and water testing on all fittings I couldn't find the leak so I tried to fill again and it stuck at 2000 psi. I turned the compressor off and held the regulator area up to my ear and could hear a small hiss. I degassed and unscrewed the regulator and the tiny oring on the stem was flat all around. It feels like hard plastic instead of an oring. My oring kit didn't have one small enough so I called Pyramid Friday and they had in stock. There are 2 orings on the reg, one on the stem and one on the inside of the regulator. The one on the inside looks fine. They are shipping both orings UPS and I should have by Wednesday this week. I can't wait to get it back in action as it's my number one critter gitter! I have a few of Aaron's extended count 25 mags for mine and they work flawless! I'm awaiting him to manufacture some more dual reg kits so I can run my bottle on the rifle at 3000 so it's not as hard on the gun running at 4350. I'm thinking of getting Aaron's carbon fiber barrel shroud kit for mine next as he says it really stiffens up the barrel and improves harmonics. I've already put on the aluminum shroud bushing to replace the plastic one too. Just wanted to let you know what's up with mine as well. Take care man!

Thanks for the update. Good info to know on reg too. You cant beat dual regs on these Avengers. I used Ailen Aurguns bottle/reg adapter. Much better than Aarons. I have Aarons, but prefer Wayne Reids version. I put a cheap chinese reg on first, but the quality was lacking. Didnt really help stdv. So i got a ninja from hajimoto and fixed that issue. My stdv is now 2 to 5 depending on what ammo im using. Really helps to stabilize factory reg on gun. I have the shortened carbon fiber shroud. Its a great addon. Not only does it stiffen barrel, but the shroud bushing is vented so the shroud works with moderator to decrease report. It works very well decresing decibles. With a Behemoth moderator and that shroud, all you hear is the hammerspring. Very quiet. I added Termidator barrel harmonics kit to barrel and it is rock solid. Makes a very nice setup. Aaron's mags are the bomb. Flawless feeds from the Sidewinders and extended mags. Best ive found. Hope you get that reg fixed and back in action soon bud. Let me know how the fix works. Never had one apart...knock on wood.. lol

Thanks for the update. Good info to know on reg too. You cant beat dual regs on these Avengers. I used Ailen Aurguns bottle/reg adapter. Much better than Aarons. I have Aarons, but prefer Wayne Reids version. I put a cheap chinese reg on first, but the quality was lacking. Didnt really help stdv. So i got a ninja from hajimoto and fixed that issue. My stdv is now 2 to 5 depending on what ammo im using. Really helps to stabilize factory reg on gun. I have the shortened carbon fiber shroud. Its a great addon. Not only does it stiffen barrel, but the shroud bushing is vented so the shroud works with moderator to decrease report. It works very well decresing decibles. With a Behemoth moderator and that shroud, all you hear is the hammerspring. Very quiet. I added Termidator barrel harmonics kit to barrel and it is rock solid. Makes a very nice setup. Aaron's mags are the bomb. Flawless feeds from the Sidewinders and extended mags. Best ive found. Hope you get that reg fixed and back in action soon bud. Let me know how the fix works. Never had one apart...knock on wood.. lol
I have Wayne's setup on mine as well. Aaron hasn't been selling them anymore and Wayne's is nice as it's the hex version on mine for easy tightening without scratching. My rifle got worse leaking all out overnight and the reg stuck at 4000 psi so had to disassemble the entire rifle back to factory original and get warranty service back to Air Venturi. I hope they finish it soon as an email from the tech started on it last Wednesday. I emailed him and Stacey to get an update Friday about where they are at on it and no response from either. I'll start on them again tomorrow morning and hopefully get it back soon. I hear a lot of horror stories from AV owners who get their guns back from service still leaking or not fixed properly. Less than 3 months old! My 25 cal AV Bullpup is over a year old and never had an issue so I just got a lemon I guess. Just my luck!

I have Wayne's setup on mine as well. Aaron hasn't been selling them anymore and Wayne's is nice as it's the hex version on mine for easy tightening without scratching. My rifle got worse leaking all out overnight and the reg stuck at 4000 psi so had to disassemble the entire rifle back to factory original and get warranty service back to Air Venturi. I hope they finish it soon as an email from the tech started on it last Wednesday. I emailed him and Stacey to get an update Friday about where they are at on it and no response from either. I'll start on them again tomorrow morning and hopefully get it back soon. I hear a lot of horror stories from AV owners who get their guns back from service still leaking or not fixed properly. Less than 3 months old! My 25 cal AV Bullpup is over a year old and never had an issue so I just got a lemon I guess. Just my luck!
Damn Bud, that sucks for real. But I have personally worked with Stacey on an issue and she was slow ( not lacking on her part, she gets swamped like the rest of us) but resolved the issue. PA is good people, I know the frustration, but I bet they get it settled. Dont beleive half what you read. Worse case senerio...send it to Wayne. It will be fixed. I been fighting a leak on a .177 bullpup I bought from AESWEDE. Finally got it fixed, but took forever, so dont lose heart bud. Its the price we pay to play wit high pressure air. Lol😂😂😂💯

Damn Bud, that sucks for real. But I have personally worked with Stacey on an issue and she was slow ( not lacking on her part, she gets swamped like the rest of us) but resolved the issue. PA is good people, I know the frustration, but I bet they get it settled. Dont beleive half what you read. Worse case senerio...send it to Wayne. It will be fixed. I been fighting a leak on a .177 bullpup I bought from AESWEDE. Finally got it fixed, but took forever, so dont lose heart bud. Its the price we pay to play wit high pressure air. Lol😂😂😂💯
Got an email from Matt in service department today and I'm in line for the first of next week getting started on my rifle. About an hour later Stacey sent me an email asking what type of pellets do I like so she could send me something to offset the $37.00 shipping fee to send the rifle in for repair. That's excellent customer service in my book so that was very cool! She said I'll get the pellets way before the rifle comes back, lol. I'm just going to forget about it until I get an email saying it's on the way back. I've got plenty of other rifles to shoot in the meantime. I'll let you know how the repair comes out when I get it back. Take care!

Thursday Air Venturi service emailed and said they wouldn't warranty repair my Avenger as it had been taken apart which they say entirely voids the warranty even though it was three months old! I had to take apart to drive the pin out holding the regulator in to change the orings on the regulator Pyramid Air sent me. Mines synthetic not the wood by the way. After much back and forth banter he said he replaced a leaking valve pin seal that was leaking and regulator he said is working fine set at 2000 psi. Reg was stuck at 4000 psi at home no matter how it was turned. So long story short it should ship back to me today Monday and get back by the weekend. $75.00 is what they charged me to fix with shipping. Very disappointed to have had to pay when it should have been fixed under warranty. Makes me weary of purchasing anymore products from AV. My Dar gen 3 went to them after 11 months of use and was replaced with a new rifle within 10 days. AV has had this repair for almost a month. Just my luck!

I have settled on owning 2 pcps for this reason myself! one with 30 and one with 55 fpe, they are the pesters! So it broke, you tried to fix it, and because of that they couldn't warranty it? It's kinda understandable from their point of view I guess, ultimately if my pcps are shooting good I sure won't be taking them apart but I would try to fix them myself if needed 100%. Hope it's good for you now!

I have settled on owning 2 pcps for this reason myself! one with 30 and one with 55 fpe, they are the pesters! So it broke, you tried to fix it, and because of that they couldn't warranty it? It's kinda understandable from their point of view I guess, ultimately if my pcps are shooting good I sure won't be taking them apart but I would try to fix them myself if needed 100%. Hope it's good for you now!
If I would of had the wood stock with one or two screws holding the stock on they wouldn't have been able to tell it was ever apart. But since it was the synthetic multi piece pain in the azz to take apart stock they could see the marking in a few spots on the metal from trying to get it apart. But an internal valve firing seal is deep inside the rifle and is something that is inaccessible to the customer so that's my concern about it not being warrantied. This rifle had been leaking for some time and was wearing out my compressors just keeping air in its cylinders. Just so it's fixed right I can live with it since it shoots well.

If I would have had the wood stock with one or two screws holding the stock on they wouldn't have been able to tell it was ever apart. But since it was the synthetic multi piece pain in the azz to take apart stock they could see the marking in a few spots on the metal from trying to get it apart. But an internal valve firing seal is deep inside the rifle and is something that is inaccessible to the customer so that's my concern about it not being warrantied. This rifle had been leaking for some time and was wearing out my compressors just keeping air in its cylinders. Just so it's fixed right I can live with it since it shoots well.
I can see both sides, I was in a very similar situation with an airgun. I made a choice and choices have consequences. I will be in need of a replacement barrel. Hopefully when you get it back it will be fixed right and serve you well.

Thursday Air Venturi service emailed and said they wouldn't warranty repair my Avenger as it had been taken apart which they say entirely voids the warranty even though it was three months old! I had to take apart to drive the pin out holding the regulator in to change the orings on the regulator Pyramid Air sent me. Mines synthetic not the wood by the way. After much back and forth banter he said he replaced a leaking valve pin seal that was leaking and regulator he said is working fine set at 2000 psi. Reg was stuck at 4000 psi at home no matter how it was turned. So long story short it should ship back to me today Monday and get back by the weekend. $75.00 is what they charged me to fix with shipping. Very disappointed to have had to pay when it should have been fixed under warranty. Makes me weary of purchasing anymore products from AV. My Dar gen 3 went to them after 11 months of use and was replaced with a new rifle within 10 days. AV has had this repair for almost a month. Just my luck!
Wow. Thats some straight up BS right there. Air Venturi thinking they are like FX now. Sorry AV, love your cheap chinese guns, but they arent worth your ego. You forget about the little guys not remembering that they are your market. Someone looking at an FX wouldnt even cosider an Avenger or a avenge x. So lose your loyal customers for dumb sht. Sorry that had to happen to you bud. I hope they got it fixed for you. Internals should always be covered. I can understand voiding warranty to a point, but internals that were never disassembled should be covered. Anyways, hope you get it back working correctly. Let us know when you get it bud.

Wow. Thats some straight up BS right there. Air Venturi thinking they are like FX now. Sorry AV, love your cheap chinese guns, but they arent worth your ego. You forget about the little guys not remembering that they are your market. Someone looking at an FX wouldnt even cosider an Avenger or a avenge x. So lose your loyal customers for dumb sht. Sorry that had to happen to you bud. I hope they got it fixed for you. Internals should always be covered. I can understand voiding warranty to a point, but internals that were never disassembled should be covered. Anyways, hope you get it back working correctly. Let us know when you get it bud.
I'll let you guys know how good of a job they did on it's return.

Wizard, Is there any tuning issues involved with the harmonics kit, such as the position/placement on the barrel? Is there a install video available or would you care to walk us through it? I have been tuning Crosman barrels for ages, so I know that they work.

Last edited:
Wizard, Is there any tuning issues involved with the harmonics kit, such as the position/placement on the barrel? Is there a install video available or would you care to walk us through it? I have been tuning Crosman barrels for ages, so I know that they
Heres a couple of pics of how I installed them on my Bullpup and Rifle. Pretty simple. Just space them out evenly. I used canvas wire loom tape wrapped around barrel 6 or 8 times to hold them in place for shroud install and any future shroud removal. Holds them in place securly. I have these rings on all my shrouded airguns. Harmonics plays a huge part in fine tuning for long range shooting. These take the small vibrations from barrel that are a result of high pressure air discharge. They work great and help hold POI solid as well. Hope this helps, if not i'll help you anyway i can.

Attachments

• 20240104_104534.jpg
    20240104_104534.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231217_134537.jpg
    20231217_134537.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 7
Vbbbbb
Got it back after four weeks at the Air Venturi repair center. I aired it up to 4350 psi and let it set overnight and it held pressure ok. Fired a few shots and reg settled in at 1800 psi where they set it. Mounted scope on rifle and headed outside to my 25 yard range and sighted it in about 8 shots. Shot a few groups and was happy with the results. Now it was time to degass the rifle and take off the wonky plastic synthetic stock and re install the BuckRail stock replacement kit. Here's where it gets weird. After getting off the stock off I tried to take off the short bottom air tube to install another long air tank for more shots per fill I purchased from Dana at Terminator Outdoors, it won't budge! They must have used a lot of loctite or similar product as it will not come undone! Even the middle long air tube was cemented in so as to not be able to remove. Usually they are just hand tight with the orings. I guess they got tired of leaking guns coming back for repair. I'm going to try heating with my heat gun the bottom tube so I can unscrew it and put in the longer air tube. I'll let you guys know when I accomplish this feat!

Last edited:
Vbbbbb

Got it back after four weeks at the Air Venturi repair center. I aired it up to 4350 psi and let it set overnight and it held pressure ok. Fired a few shots and reg settled in at 1800 psi where they set it. Mounted scope on rifle and headed outside to my 25 yard range and sighted it in about 8 shots. Shot a few groups and was happy with the results. Now it was time to degass the rifle and take off the wonky plastic synthetic stock and re install the BuckRail stock replacement kit. Here's where it gets weird. After getting off the stock off I tried to take off the short bottom air tube to install another long air tank for more shots per fill I purchased from Dana at Terminator Outdoors, it won't budge! They must have used a lot of loctite or similar product as it will not come undone! Even the middle long air tube was cemented in so as to not be able to remove. Usually they are just hand tight with the orings. I guess they got tired of leaking guns coming back for repair. I'm going to try heating with my heat gun the bottom tube so I can unscrew it and put in the longer air tube. I'll let you guys know when I accomplish this feat!
Damn Bud, the whole world is going to hell. Pyrimid Air used to be such a great company. They are located just outside Cleveland, OH. Im from just north of Columbus, so i really liked supporting a local business. But what they done to you and a couple of other people has me wondering. Chasing the money and screwing the customer seems to be the chinese buisness model and sadly damn near ALL US companies are following suit. Sad. But back to the tubes. I cant beleive they would use some sort of sealant, thats INSANE. Heat gun should work to remove them. Be interesting to see the threads. You'll know instantly if they used some sort of sealant. Let us know the skinny when you do. Still a damn shame about PA. I usually buy refurb avenengers because they are cheap and by modding them i void warranty anyways. Wayne Reid has been such a great help to me. And ANYTHING you send to him will be fixed right and no longer an issue. With these cheap chinese rifles, its nice to have a great machinist available. Ive paid Wayne alot of money...ALOT of money lol but have never regretted one dime. He makes these chinese guns work like they should, something PA cant do because of warranty and wont do because its not cost effective. They make us fix their product and we fall for it. Lol. Im the cheif sinner. I have $2300 in a gen 1 .22 avenger. Now before you think im an idiot, i have a buddy in my town with a Daystate Alpha Wolf .22 he has over $4k in. We shoot regularly at my familys farm. That Daystate is frking AMAZING, but my avenger shoots circles around it and he is soooo pissed..lol i get 74.1 fpe where 66fpe is all he can go. Better groups at all distances from 25yds to 150yds. So there is something to be said of taking these avengers to the next level with someone like Wayne. I have an avenger that i filled to 4000psi 6 months ago and hasnt dropped 1 psi sitting 6 months not being touched. None of my avengers giive me any problems. If you work through the faults of these guns, they are quite amazing. Im the type of guy that would rather show up with my ava and make those shooting FX, RTI, Daystate, etc... take notice. They bought theirs, I built mine. But thats just me. Im a tinkerer. Lol. Anyways, sorry you have to deal with this BS, but you will get sorted out, just goona be a pain in the ass. Let us know your results Bud and good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back