Others Umarex Product Support (or Lack Thereof)

Ronno6

HAM Points
Country flag
I was dismayed when contacting Umarex in search of gas springs for their entry level rifles...Octane, Blackhawk, etc.
I was told that they did not have parts for those rifles.......
It really hit bottom when I called looking for a breech seal.........same reply.
I was invited to send in the rifle for repair....probably $60.00 round trip shipping for a 50 cent part.
When I asked how they would replace my breech seal .......when Umarex did not stock them...........I was greeted with silence on the other end......OOPS.....
I finally contacted an Umarex rep who got those for me.

As for the gas spring rifles, they have been converted to coil springs and are perfectly happy.........

I’ve contacted Umarex 3 times about getting parts for my Notos. Hammer spring, specific o-ring, and barrel. Each time I asked if I could buy a new part or buy one from a gun returned on warranty. They wanted me to ship them my Notos.
Luckily the Notos is a Snowpeak and I’ve found parts elsewhere. After my experience with Umarex and not being able to buy a specific o ring, I’ll never buy an Umarex again.

RATS!!! Makes me wonder about my decision to order a Notos....it's supposed to show up next Tuesday....fingers crossed!!!
Nah don’t sweat the Notos it’s solid and if it fails it’s cheap to send it in or just repair. I’m the biggest worry wort around and I don’t mind having my Notos. Wes at Airguns archery fun has parts I think

I’ve been able to source the o rings after research, so that’s not a big deal. The only thing I’d really still like to have is a few spare hammer springs. I’d like to cut one down to have a lower power option for the notos, but have a factory spring also. I went a route a guy on AGN posted and bought some R/C springs and bushings to try out.

I haven’t had any issues with my PP700SA or P35. The o rings have all been easily sourced. I got lucky with barrels in both of them.

Therein lies the solution as I found with a Diana Chaser (made by Snowpeak and rebranded).
If it's a Snowpeak, jump through the hoops to get service, seals and o-rings... not Umarex.
Snowpeak is the Problem.
I feel if Umarex is going to sell the Snowpeak product, they should have the parts on hand from Snowpeak for the product support. Snowpeak doesn’t sell directly to consumers in the USA, so I don’t feel they have an obligation. I knew that when I bought my PP700’s from Wes and my P35 from Krale.

I know you were referring to your spring piston umarex, but for anyone with a notos here is a spare o ring kit. On pcps o rings are the most common need for repair, springs and breach/piston seals for break barrels. If you ever need springs or seals, I would contact Tom at Vortek, or ARH and see if they can help you out. I have guns that have great warranty and repair service, but I avoid that at all cost so I do not have to ship my guns.

I know you were referring to your spring piston umarex, but for anyone with a notos here is a spare o ring kit. On pcps o rings are the most common need for repair, springs and breach/piston seals for break barrels. If you ever need springs or seals, I would contact Tom at Vortek, or ARH and see if they can help you out. I have guns that have great warranty and repair service, but I avoid that at all cost so I do not have to ship my guns.

This is just my opinion and what I would do: Aren’t the springers they sell almost cheap enough to throw away and just get another one? This is just me but if I had to try and find parts for a cheap gun (not HW , Aa….) and it was a struggle I’d just toss it.

This is just my opinion and what I would do: Aren’t the springers they sell almost cheap enough to throw away and just get another one? This is just me but if I had to try and find parts for a cheap gun (not HW , Aa….) and it was a struggle I’d just toss it.
Lol yes and no. I have a $150 slavia 630 that's is super anemic (495fps in .177) and is topped with an absolutely horrible $30 scope. Gun owes me nothing. BUTTT I love it and have owned it since I was 15 or so!? I plan to call vortex spring and build this gun so it can compete with the beeman R7. I will probably double the $$ on it and expect decent accuracy for my return. Sweet gun, going up in value/price and well built, and decently accurate. I'm sure some umarex owners may be In a similar boat? I get springs/o-rings, etc from local suppliers usually to get me by. Cheaper and faster and sometimes the only option! If a gun is poorly made/inaccurate though? Have some fun and trash it. Safely. 😂

Lol yes and no. I have a $150 slavia 630 that's is super anemic (495fps in .177) and is topped with an absolutely horrible $30 scope. Gun owes me nothing. BUTTT I love it and have owned it since I was 15 or so!? I plan to call vortex spring and build this gun so it can compete with the beeman R7. I will probably double the $$ on it and expect decent accuracy for my return. Sweet gun, going up in value/price and well built, and decently accurate. I'm sure some umarex owners may be In a similar boat? I get springs/o-rings, etc from local suppliers usually to get me by. Cheaper and faster and sometimes the only option! If a gun is poorly made/inaccurate though? Have some fun and trash it. Safely. 😂
Yeah, if the good is working out for you and you were able to get parts, no matter how inexpensive it is keep it going why not especially if it’s accurate

Unfortunately these are not heirloom items and essentially disposable to the average consumer. Those of us who have been around awhile have a tendency to overcome these obstacles of obtaining parts. Orings are pretty easy to source, some of the hard parts can be a little more complicated. You would think after so many complaints of this issue they would consider offering parts to the average consumer. I'm guessing it's a cross between liability and cost of producing that many extra parts that hold them back? As far as Umarex as a whole, they are good folks and have in the past bent over backwards to help me.

Unfortunately these are not heirloom items and essentially disposable to the average consumer. Those of us who have been around awhile have a tendency to overcome these obstacles of obtaining parts. Orings are pretty easy to source, some of the hard parts can be a little more complicated. You would think after so many complaints of this issue they would consider offering parts to the average consumer. I'm guessing it's a cross between liability and cost of producing that many extra parts that hold them back? As far as Umarex as a whole, they are good folks and have in the past bent over backwards to help me.
Good to know. You do shoot a couple of their products so that’s says a lot.

As far as Umarex as a whole, they are good folks and have in the past bent over backwards to help me.
LOL
i hope this proves out.
they are a few min from me and although i do know a few folks that work there and they are great people i lack that confedence in the company as a whole. my buddy got one of their comps and it last for one fill.
they refused to let him drop it of and all i can say is thanl God for AoA.
i have seen a few of their offers and they do not apeal to me.

LOL
i hope this proves out.
they are a few min from me and although i do know a few folks that work there and they are great people i lack that confedence in the company as a whole. my buddy got one of their comps and it last for one fill.
Was something I said funny?

Was something I said funny?
no offense boss, i just got a chuckle as i dont it that way. : )
with your visablity i think the service you receave will most likly be differant than what others may recease. just a hunch.
based on reviews i have done in the pro audio would i get far better service then 90% of other in the would of pro audio.
thats not intended to be insulting i love your work boss.

Last edited:
no offense boss, i just got a chuckle as i dont it that way. : )
with your visablity i think the service you receave will most likly be differant than what others may recease. just a hunch.
based on reviews i have done in the pro audio would i get far better service then 90% of other in the would of pro audio.
thats not intended to be insulting i love your work boss.
I’d have to say I agree here. Umarex would really take care of Dana because he uses their product and he’s awesome:) but I’ve basically been told to go pound sand when I asked for an o ring or a fill probe. I was told to send the gun in. That don’t make sense. Wish they were better I like their guns. Utah Airguns can have all my money. Why? Them boys are so frikin awesome when I call and they bend over backwards to help. Same with AOA. In fact I’m just going to get my direct deposit in Justin’s account 😉

LOL
i hope this proves out.
Umarex USA doesn't have a public interface so items have to come in via common carrier. Yes, it can be an inconvenience, but it works well. If the item is purchased locally, or you have a good relationship with a local retailer, they can usually take care of the drop-off and pick-up of an item.

it doesnt matter to me i have zero interest in giving money to Umarex and that is based 100% on what i have seen or heard about others experiances so the times could change.
but not today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back