Take A Look At The Air Venturi Comp10 PCP Match Air Pistol

1720224317661.png

A new product joining the Air Venturi range is the Air Venturi Comp10 PCP air pistol. It’s intended for entry-level competition in 10-Meter events.

Hence the name, “Comp10”. Geddit?

Air Venturi Comp10 PCP Match Air Pistol

The first thing to say about the Comp10 is the price. It’s just $599.99, which is attractive for a match-grade target pistol with a regulated action.

HAM-Comp10-7-9736081.jpg

The gun is supplied in a hard synthetic case. As is expected with match pistols, this is a single-shot .177 caliber model that requires the HPA tube to be removed for filling.

In addition to a set of O rings, the Comp10 is supplied with two charging adapters. The smaller one allows it to be connected to a standard “Foster” 1/8-Inch NPT fitting. The larger, brass, part is a DIN-type adapter.

Air Venturi specs call for about 200 consistent shots per fill of the 65 cc HPA cylinder to its maximum 3,625 psi (250 Bar) pressure.

HAM-Comp10-6-1327990.jpg

The Comp10 is 16.5 Inches long and weighs-in at 2.4 Lbs.

As you would expect for a target pistol, the whole gun is about precision and accuracy. Let’s make that precision at 10 Meters shooting lead wadcutter pellets at bullseye targets.

High Muzzle Velocity has no place is the requirements for this type of air pistol. Instead, there’s much emphasis on – for example – the pistol grip.

This is manufactured from walnut-stained, shaped and stippled beech hardwood. It includes an adjustable palm shelf to adapt for hands of different sizes.

Because of the huge amount of practice required for successful 10 Meter match competition, the Air Venturi Comp10 PCP match pistol is fitted with a dry-fire capability. This allows the gun to be “fired” in every respect except for launching a pellet downrange.

The small lever shown below is the dry-fire control switch.

HAM-Comp10-12-3560445.jpg

The trigger is adjustable in a multitude of ways to match the shooter’s requirements. For example, the trigger blade can be moved forward or back, up or down.

There’s adjustments for the first stage weight and travel. Also sear engagement and trigger overtravel.

It’s a very complex unit!

Cocking is undertaken using the vertical-operating lever.

The open rear sight is windage and elevation-adjustable. The rear sight itself can be moved back or forward along the action if required, too. The front sight is a fixed post.

HAM-Comp10-11-5465603.jpg

Finally, we find a clue to the manufacturer on the face plate of the pressure gauge. For those not familiar with Snowpeak, the company is probably the world’s largest airgun manufacturer with a large range of successful models to their credit.

HAM-Comp10-13-4221943.jpg

BUY FROM PYRAMYD

Air Venturi Comp10 Match PCP Air Pistol 0.177

The post Take A Look At The Air Venturi Comp10 PCP Match Air Pistol appeared first on Hard Air Magazine.

Pretty impressive shot count per fill. I like the removable HPA tube which means you can have spares :D . Snowpeak also sell it under their brand name as PP20 model.

I guess this is a popular design. Walther Arms has their fancy version of the gun (model LP500) for over $2k.
I got to wonder how it compares to the ssp v10 at 1/2 the cost +/- . In the same right hands probably none and your not buying a compressor ..lol. So that 600$ is just preliminary startup cost ..

I got to wonder how it compares to the ssp v10 at 1/2 the cost +/- . In the same right hands probably none and your not buying a compressor ..lol. So that 600$ is just preliminary startup cost ..
Well we all know how you and pcps get along but I'd take this 5 times over any co2 powered replica pistol! I can just imagine using my hand pump to fill this thing up😂 The 480cc Ghost tank when it's off reg is a bear to refill! Probably could refill this under 2 minutes easily.

"For those not familiar with Snowpeak, the company is probably the world’s largest airgun manufacturer with a large range of successful models to their credit."

But yet you can't just buy one in the USA unless its license rebrand like Diana or now air venturi..

Amazing. How your held hostage again on air guns in the USA

"For those not familiar with Snowpeak, the company is probably the world’s largest airgun manufacturer with a large range of successful models to their credit."

But yet you can't just buy one in the USA unless its license rebrand like Diana or now air venturi..

Amazing. How your held hostage again on air guns in the USA
Snowpeak's business model is to be a third party manufacturer. They specialize in manufacturing and partner with other companies for distribution and marketing, plus - of course - ongoing warranty and support.

They have no interest in selling products directly to the end user on an individual basis. Now if someone wants to buy a few hundred units of a specific product from them and they don't have a deal for it from another company, that could be another matter.

But this is a very valid business model and Snowpeak is very good at it.

Last edited:
Snowpeak's business model is to be a third party manufacturer. They specialize in manufacturing and partner with other companies for distribution and marketing, plus - of course - ongoing warranty and support.

They have no interest in selling products directly to the end user on an individual basis. Now if someone wants to buy a few hundred units of a specific product from them and they don't have a deal for it from another company, that could be another matter.

But this is a very valid business model and Snowpeak is very good at it.
Oh??? You can buy a "snowpeak" outside the USA .. right? All day long

Wes in Canada , or krale .ect .. no your held hostage and monopoly pricing. You buy there gun at there over marked up price or go overseas .. -0- competitors in the USA market.. lol come on man..

Maybe I can't read or spell but I think theses day snowpeak

Just to add.. notice it's just the one or 2 guns they feel to sell you here ( Diana / av) ... Not being a full dealer of the full line .. and they got a deal to prevent other dealers from selling / prevented competition ..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back