PCP Skout

Shortcut

HAM Points
Country flag
Very little discussion here on Skout Airguns, how many own an Epoch (other then me obviously) or thinking of ordering the new EVOs? I have the Epoch and have the EVOs on pre-order. They are a very accurate, adjustable air rifle. The fit and finish are second to none and they are extremely easy to work on and maintain. The customer service is amazing. Just curious if there are other Skout shooters out there?IMG_0007.jpeg

Very little discussion here on Skout Airguns, how many own an Epoch (other then me obviously) or thinking of ordering the new EVOs? I have the Epoch and have the EVOs on pre-order. They are a very accurate, adjustable air rifle. The fit and finish are second to none and they are extremely easy to work on and maintain. The customer service is amazing. Just curious if there are other Skout shooters out there?View attachment 5724
The Epoch is (just) avaliable in Canada through AGS. To heavy and odd looking for me (mostly hunt with my air guns) but the evo is very interesting, they fixed alot of little issues it seems vs the Epoch. It was my second choice after my Ghost as my .22 Slug slinger. Price was about the same, guns seem VERY well designed and made with excellent customer support. The Ghost slug barrel should be here by summer? If I waited for the Evo it would be maybe in Canada by next year?

Very little discussion here on Skout Airguns, how many own an Epoch (other then me obviously) or thinking of ordering the new EVOs? I have the Epoch and have the EVOs on pre-order. They are a very accurate, adjustable air rifle. The fit and finish are second to none and they are extremely easy to work on and maintain. The customer service is amazing. Just curious if there are other Skout shooters out there?View attachment 5724
I think many of us would be interested to learn more about Skout Airguns. Can you share some more information on your experiences?

The Epoch was designed as a bench rest gun where its weight keeps it stable on the bench. It used a low and high pressure reg which both run at a lower pressure then any of my other PCP rifles. My High power reg is set around 1,500 PSI and my low power reg at around 140. Both regs can be adjusted up and down without degassing the rifle. That is about where I start to get about 920 to 930 fps with .25 cal 33 grain pellets. Both regulators are easily replaced ( 5 minute job) or rebuilt by the end user. Low pressure reg controls the main valve. Like the Delta / Alpha Wolf there is no hammer spring so cocking the unit is effortless. They have large capacity magazines which are extremely well made and work great. Caliber and barrel changes are very simple and easy. Over all it is an accurate and tame rifle off the bench.
I can’t give much input as to the EVOs although it is a couple pounds lighter comes with a slug barrel, with an adapter you can interchange barrels back and forth with the Epoch along with other parts.
Skout has excellent technical videos on there website and just a phone call away if I have a question. It is nice to get a part quickly if needed and not needing to wait for the next shipment to come in from overseas. Great gun great company but for me so are BRK and Daystate. They all have great products.

The Epoch was designed as a bench rest gun where its weight keeps it stable on the bench. It used a low and high pressure reg which both run at a lower pressure then any of my other PCP rifles. My High power reg is set around 1,500 PSI and my low power reg at around 140. Both regs can be adjusted up and down without degassing the rifle. That is about where I start to get about 920 to 930 fps with .25 cal 33 grain pellets. Both regulators are easily replaced ( 5 minute job) or rebuilt by the end user. Low pressure reg controls the main valve. Like the Delta / Alpha Wolf there is no hammer spring so cocking the unit is effortless. They have large capacity magazines which are extremely well made and work great. Caliber and barrel changes are very simple and easy. Over all it is an accurate and tame rifle off the bench.
I can’t give much input as to the EVOs although it is a couple pounds lighter comes with a slug barrel, with an adapter you can interchange barrels back and forth with the Epoch along with other parts.
Skout has excellent technical videos on there website and just a phone call away if I have a question. It is nice to get a part quickly if needed and not needing to wait for the next shipment to come in from overseas. Great gun great company but for me so are BRK and Daystate. They all have great products.
Thank you for sharing 😀

Last edited:
I actually have 2 Skouts. My first was a birthday gift from my brother when they were first available. My bro also bought himself one, so we can compare notes and tuning long distance. That gun is #62 from Skout.
My second Skout was a prize from the RMAC raffle last year, which I happened to win while sitting with the Scout team during the banquet. While at RMAC, my brother and I (and wives) were invited to the Skout facility in Tobyhanna Pennsylvania for a week, where we were housed in a beautiful bed and breakfast! While at Skout headquarters, we toured the facility, made some changes to our guns and spent a lot of time on their 100 yard indoor range. I was also personally shown how to completely strip the gun down, service and maintain the rifles by Billy himself and Keith. So, for a short week I felt like I had my dream job. The Skout staff were all very welcoming and accommodating, we had a blast and that trip was the highlight of my airgunning experience, so far …
Many thanks to Darryl, Billy, Keith, Luke and all the other wonderful staff at Skout!IMG_9200.jpeg

That is the reason I have an Epoch and have a EVOs on order, I genuinely love my Delta Wolf, Ghosts and Sidewinder as each has qualities I like plus have been trouble free and /or easily fixed. I get excellent help from Airguns of Arizona for those, but the customer service and making you feel like part of the Skout family is just at another level.

I have one in .30. Scout’s support is top notch. Within the first year you get any rolling upgrades for free, and they send them quickly. They answer the phone when you call. As stated by Shortcut, the adjustments are very easy. I would buy another Skout product without hesitation.

I have considered selling a bunch of my airguns and buying one nice one, the Epoch Scout being up there on the short list, that could do .177, .22 and .25 pellets. But I'm still slowed down by two things:
1. Weight - My understanding is that the Scout (Skout?) is a fair bit heavier than something like my Daystate Huntsman HRXL, and that would make it a tough contender for packing up and down hills in the woods. Since that is my primary use, not just bench shooting, it's a deal breaker.
2. I'm just not sure I'm ready to go whole hog on an electronics based gun. I've spent a career in electronics and realized long ago that a good mechanical design can last generations (how many firearms still exist after 4 or more generations with care?), but all electronics has a finite life. But I don't think you can get that quick, software settings based quick change of calibers with a fully mechanical gun.

And...that's a lot of dough!!!

I have considered selling a bunch of my airguns and buying one nice one, the Epoch Scout being up there on the short list, that could do .177, .22 and .25 pellets. But I'm still slowed down by two things:
1. Weight - My understanding is that the Scout (Skout?) is a fair bit heavier than something like my Daystate Huntsman HRXL, and that would make it a tough contender for packing up and down hills in the woods. Since that is my primary use, not just bench shooting, it's a deal breaker.
2. I'm just not sure I'm ready to go whole hog on an electronics based gun. I've spent a career in electronics and realized long ago that a good mechanical design can last generations (how many firearms still exist after 4 or more generations with care?), but all electronics has a finite life. But I don't think you can get that quick, software settings based quick change of calibers with a fully mechanical gun.

And...that's a lot of dough!!!
You’re not gonna want to tote the Skout Epoch through the woods very far, most definitely a bench gun. They have a new, slimmed down rifle coming out very soon though, the Evo

Yip she to fat for a hunting gun! Being the company that they are I believe the Evo will be excellent at sending slugs down range, I will be watching for any and all future Evo vids😍 If the ghost can't shoot slugs the Evo was my other choice. But alas it's running on batteries 😒😔

I have one on the way! Looking forward to testing it out. Mine is a .30 cal, but I plan to soon as .22 cal as well. I may also give swaging slugs for it a go as well. Looks like it would be a lot of fun to work up an accurate and repeatable slug to shoot. 😁
Anyone know how long it might be before Skout makes a purpose built .30 cal slug barrel for the Epoch?

Last edited:
I shot my Skout .30 (that I won in the EBR 2023 raffle) this past weekend at the Airgun Oregon EFT GP and 100Y BR competition in Ashland, Oregon. The gun shot well enough to win the 100Y Pellet event and place 6th in the EFT GP event. I also was told by the Skout owner (Bill Gardner) that I had won a new EVO for my success with a Skout rifle at the event. Will probably get the .25 Slug 25-inch barrel version once they are available. The gun performed beautifully in both events, and I shot it all morning in the rain Saturday with no detrimental effect.
In fact, this photo was during the second 100Y qualification round (where I had high score), and AFTER I had shot the gun all morning in the rain and cold. If you're worried about the electronics, don't be. :cool:
.30 Skout Epoch
Vortex Golden Eagle 15-60x scope
.30 AEA 45 grain pellets (direct from the tin)
Accu-Tac FC-4 G2 bipod
STUD magazines
Wiebad Mini Range Cube rear bag

Mike Skout OR May2024 100Y BR.jpg

I shot my Skout .30 (that I won in the EBR 2023 raffle) this past weekend at the Airgun Oregon EFT GP and 100Y BR competition in Ashland, Oregon. The gun shot well enough to win the 100Y Pellet event and place 6th in the EFT GP event. I also was told by the Skout owner (Bill Gardner) that I had won a new EVO for my results at the event. Will probably get the .25 Slug 25-inch barrel version once they are available. The gun performed beautifully in both events, and I shot it all morning in the rain Saturday with no detrimental effect.

View attachment 6251
First, congrats on your win!! That is awesome!

Second, would you mind sharing your preferred .30 cal pellets, rifle settings and which barrel liner you're using?

Mine has four barrel liners. The three 25" that came with it and a 35" that was ordered later. So, I am hoping to get a good, consistent pellet barrel combo figured out soon.

Thanks in advance for any input you can share!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back