PCP Seneca Aspen

Tomcat 357

HAM Points
Country flag
I have a Seneca Aspen that quite frankly I sorely wish I never bought. The built in pump is, well a piece of crap. After 2 rebuilds it still binds up basically making the gun useless. Is there anyone or has anyone made a conversion where the pump along with the small air tank has or can be replaced with say a conventional PCP air cylinder. Else this gun may well be parted out for use elsewhere. Any thoughts on this?

I have a Seneca Aspen that quite frankly I sorely wish I never bought. The built in pump is, well a piece of crap. After 2 rebuilds it still binds up basically making the gun useless. Is there anyone or has anyone made a conversion where the pump along with the small air tank has or can be replaced with say a conventional PCP air cylinder. Else this gun may well be parted out for use elsewhere. Any thoughts on this?
As far as I know the gun does have a fill just in front of the trigger guard if I remember that you can use to fill the gun directly as you would a conventional PCP. The oring overheats and wears out because people pump the gun far to fast, that's the downside to the design. Imo it's not worth a conversation, best to buy another gun if that's the function you have in mind.

Thanks for your reply. I have other PCPs and this was kind of a novelty. For no more shots than you can get out of the thing it’s hardly worth dragging the pump out. Maybe 6 good shots before a recharge is needed. Oh well, to the scrap heap.

Thanks for your reply. I have other PCPs and this was kind of a novelty. For no more shots than you can get out of the thing it’s hardly worth dragging the pump out. Maybe 6 good shots before a recharge is needed. Oh well, to the scrap heap.
The aspen was my first airgun, biggest piece of garbage, had the same problems, sold it for parts. It did get me sucked into this sport though lol, I never looked backed since the aspen and my bank account has suffered because of getting me hooked 😀😀

I've got an Aspen and still do. Love the thing. I accidentally overpumped mine and sent it back to PA (Where I bought it) which they rebuilt and it's been fine ever since. If you wanna ship it to me, I'll take it as parts and fiddle with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back