Others Red dots on springers

The small pistol ones will work fine. They survive full power .45ACP slides going back and forth and heavy .44mag loads. The tubes ones I wouldn't count on. I have broken Tasco's (which actually use to be popular) and Sightron tube models along with some lesser brands. The less mass they have, and the lower it is, the less likely they will break themselves. I have never heard of a Trijicon RMR type of dot sight breaking from recoil. If your TruGlo is a Tru-Tec Micro or sub-compact you'll be fine.

I guess like a scope it's the build quality that will hold up prolonged springer use ..
You know, and I'm only guessing on this one, but I have a feeling that even the cheap little compacts will last. They just don't have the mass to screw themselves up. Maybe if a springer vibrates violently, who knows? I'm sure we will hear about it, eventually.

Ok reading around folks use them on springers .. one was a .30 hatsan 135 .

Still it's how much the guts can take the springer hammering . Few 100? Few 1000? Maybe forever ?

Ol'springer it's junked good'ins right with not so good optics .. it's a you buy , you try, and hope it don't make ya cry thing 🥴

The small pistol ones will work fine. They survive full power .45ACP slides going back and forth and heavy .44mag loads. The tubes ones I wouldn't count on. I have broken Tasco's (which actually use to be popular) and Sightron tube models along with some lesser brands. The less mass they have, and the lower it is, the less likely they will break themselves. I have never heard of a Trijicon RMR type of dot sight breaking from recoil. If your TruGlo is a Tru-Tec Micro or sub-compact you'll be fine.
Thanks
Ok reading around folks use them on springers .. one was a .30 hatsan 135 .

Still it's how much the guts can take the springer hammering . Few 100? Few 1000? Maybe forever ?

Ol'springer it's junked good'ins right with not so good optics .. it's a you buy , you try, and hope it don't make ya cry thing
Very true sir. Only way to know is to try. I’ve got one on my Supercharger; we will see how it works out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back