Leshiy Really want the 9mm Leishy 2

@c.wallace_06 I have to have the option to stretch out my shots with coyotes in the mix. I also like the idea of having a gun on hand that can legally take game while in season. I think in your situation I understand the desire for compact guns. I’m not knocking that, but for me I’ll take a longer gun if it provides more flexibility. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not taking a Bushbuck into the timber when I can pack a Bushpig. I like the option to really hit something that needs to go or that I want to bag whether it be a hog, coyote, or a deer. If I have to learn to get comfortable shooting beyond 100 yards then I want the flexibility to do so. I also have to worry about meeting the regulations of the states I hunt in. For me the .35 - .45 just might be the sweet spot for my areas. For .30 numbers, I may as well forgo the L2 and grab an Uragan .30.

Last edited:
@c.wallace_06 I have to have the option to stretch out my shots with coyotes in the mix. I also like the idea of having a gun on hand that can legally take game while in season. I think in your situation I understand the desire for compact guns. I’m not knocking that, but for me I’ll take a longer gun if it provides more flexibility. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not taking a Bushbuck into the timber when I can pack a Bushpig. I like the option to really hit something that needs to go or that I want to bag whether it be a hog, coyote, or a deer. If I have to learn to get comfortable shooting beyond 100 yards then I want the flexibility to do so. I also have to worry about meeting the regulations of the states I hunt in. For me the .35 - .45 just might be the sweet spot for my areas.
Yea, I would totally get the rattler under those circumstances(and have my rattlers for those reasons)I only use the L2 for in the Mesquite brush and for coyotes, I would not use it for anything bigger than coyote. 50-60 yard max shots on dogs..

Just saw the L2 in EGW with the 450 and the behemoth wow it’s huge for my needs. It’s the size of my Condor which I sold. Glad i saw it. I enjoy my compact leishys.

Personally I think the 9mm is a little underwhelming in the L2. I would go Rattler if a semi 9mm is what I was looking for. It would also shoot heavier than slugs very well.

Last edited:
I’m raising this posting from the dead. Does the gun feel like a broom stick while shooting?
I have a Leshiy 2, purchased new in 30 caliber x 350mm barrel, in early January 2022, then later bought a .22 x 350mm barrel and 2, .22 mags. The rifle was also originally bought with the 300cc bottle, Huma Mod50 moderator and an extra 30 caliber mag. All well worth the extra money.

The rifle now has well over 15,000 rounds through it. I rebuilt the drive train at around 12,000 rounds and the rifle just keeps shooting. The only real headache has been two extra .22 magazines I bought. They are the new style, made of a polymer and no matter what I do or how hard I try, they suck at accuracy! The original metal mags are as accurate as I can hold, both in .22 and .30.

I wish the trigger 2nd stage was lighter, but it’s ok after getting used to it. The rifle has taken a coyote at 70 yards (30 caliber at 73 ft-lbs) with a nice head shot and MANY squirrels and invasive birds. I’d buy it again in a heartbeat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back