Pesting videos… Short and Sweet 👍 Too long? 🙈

Luis Leon

Country flag
I enjoy watching “some” pesting videos but anything over 5 minutes? I pass on… A member on one of the other forums has been posting very short ratting videos (2-5 minutes, tops), which keeps me coming back to see a few of his rat kills… Those who regularly post up pesting content would likely benefit from keeping your videos “short and sweet”. The adage being, “keep em coming back for more”. Thoughts appreciated…🙏

P.S. Hoping that at some future point HAM will allow the uploading of video content by members…

Agreed. If it’s just straight pasting nothing else yeah short ones are appreciated. On the other hand if it’s an adventure type video like produced by Dana where we get to experience more than greasing critters then I don’t mind longer videos, I watch his stuff back a lot .

I enjoy watching “some” pesting videos but anything over 5 minutes? I pass on… A member on one of the other forums has been posting very short ratting videos (2-5 minutes, tops), which keeps me coming back to see a few of his rat kills… Those who regularly post up pesting content would likely benefit from keeping your videos “short and sweet”. The adage being, “keep em coming back for more”. Thoughts appreciated…🙏

P.S. Hoping that at some future point HAM will allow the uploading of video content by members…
Hello Luis, videos can be displayed now in the HAM Community if they are first loaded in YouTube and then embedded here.

Last edited:
I believe alot of the YT hunting/pesting Vids I watch are anywhere from 10/15 mins to maybe 1/2hr? i prefer that length then I can crush it during my coffee or lunch breaks. I personally want to hear about the gun, ammo, any mods, current set up and then watch it perform in the field. Buddy just sits there and pops critters without talking about the equipment I usually leave. The short stuff from you guys is great but yeah keep it short and sweet 2 to 4 mins? 😋 My 2 cents.

I believe alot of the YT hunting/pesting Vids I watch are anywhere from 10/15 mins to maybe 1/2hr? i prefer that length then I can crush it during my coffee or lunch breaks. I personally want to hear about the gun, ammo, any mods, current set up and then watch it perform in the field. Buddy just sits there and pops critters without talking about the equipment I usually leave. The short stuff from you guys is great but yeah keep it short and sweet 2 to 4 mins? 😋 My 2 cents.
You tell what you're using when the rat goes flying. "And this is what a.14.3 CPHP out of a Diana 350 at 890 fps does at around 19 yards".

i follow a number pf guys that post 5 to 10 min ill even go 15 ish from time to time but i have no interest in supportig he long log long youtubers posting 45 min hour or even longer just stupid ramblings.

I've killed enough critters that they all start to look the same. Lol I personally don't watch much airgun content mainly because I'm to busy producing my own. I do however enjoy Matt Dubbers stuff sometimes, he does quality video work and usually always has good narrative.
Your content, and honest appraisals are 👍👍👍👍 up in my book. 🙏 No regrets on the products I purchased because of your videos.

I own almost everything endorsed by Dana:)
and never to long to watch the longer ones have helo me captive enough to stay with.
i want to see Dana try and destroy some mre guns! loner drang down the road taller mountain grizly bear run em over abuse them beat them trash em!!

i thnk AoA rob should donate some and get some from the compittion and see what holds up and what dont.
Always happy for donations but I always try reaching out to the manufacturers first. I figure if they try that hard to avoid me they must have something to hide and I just go ahead and purchase them. It's always a big loss on my part because I can never sell them for anything close to purchase price. The torture test was a big flop that I won't ever endure again, a nightmare to film and pretty much sank my channel. Every one of those videos got flagged and essentially turned off, I can only guess what happened. I'm blessed to have sponsors that treat me well but the last thing I want is for anyone to get into legal trouble that I have been threatened with on numerous occasions. Lol Id much rather just keep things simple and film adventure videos, I hate doing cookie cutter reviews.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back