Introductions New Member Checking In

Kirk Thomas

HAM Points
Country flag
Greetings from the Texas South Plains. I have spent the last three weeks in a really deep rabbit hole and can't get out.
It started simply enough. I got a .25 MRod several years ago not long after they came out. I have three Schmidt & Bender scopes from my PRS days. I now shoot F-class exclusively. Anyway, I was never able to figure out a way to adapt the 34MM scope tube to the dovetail scope mounts on the MRod. Ok, I say, look into something else.
I had no idea how much the PCPs have changed, especially all the adjustability. I didn't know tuning was a thing. Was completely unaware that slugs existed.
Anyway, I have a Ghost coming tomorrow and a microphone for my Labradar to get started. I will use it for backyard pesting and then will take it to my private range and shoot at paper in between F-Class strings.
I'm sure I'll be posting questions if the search function doesn't help.
Thanks much.

Welcome to the site, Kirk. If you wouldn’t mind, I’d like to ask you a question I have a couple friends from Texas and they keep trying to convince me that the deer back home look like this,IMG_1608.jpeg
But that the deer everywhere else look like this?IMG_1609.jpeg
Could you be so kind as to confirm or deny?
Thank you. I guess @PasadenaMike forgot to mention to you that there are also some characters here.😁

Greetings from the Texas South Plains. I have spent the last three weeks in a really deep rabbit hole and can't get out.
It started simply enough. I got a .25 MRod several years ago not long after they came out. I have three Schmidt & Bender scopes from my PRS days. I now shoot F-class exclusively. Anyway, I was never able to figure out a way to adapt the 34MM scope tube to the dovetail scope mounts on the MRod. Ok, I say, look into something else.
I had no idea how much the PCPs have changed, especially all the adjustability. I didn't know tuning was a thing. Was completely unaware that slugs existed.
Anyway, I have a Ghost coming tomorrow and a microphone for my Labradar to get started. I will use it for backyard pesting and then will take it to my private range and shoot at paper in between F-Class strings.
Thanks much.
Welcome to the forum. Always great to have another airgun addict here. Enjoy your stay!

Thanks much.
Welcome, Ouuuu a Ghost you say, good choice! And what caliber did you get Kirk? Ima gonna go ahead and guess .25 to shoot your collection of ammo you already have for the Mrod but that's just my logic 😅 ...Oh and pay no mind to Pasadena Mike and FL22 they is harmless. Unless your a squirrel and you happen to find yourself in Fl22s yard and he's plinking.....

Your friends would be right. Lots of Frankendeer behind rich oil
Welcome to the site, Kirk. If you wouldn’t mind, I’d like to ask you a question I have a couple friends from Texas and they keep trying to convince me that the deer back home look like this,View attachment 5239
But that the deer everywhere else look like this?View attachment 5240
Could you be so kind as to confirm or deny?
Thank you. I guess @PasadenaMike forgot to mention to you that there are also some characters here.😁

Welcome, Ouuuu a Ghost you say, good choice! And what caliber did you get Kirk? Ima gonna go ahead and guess .25 to shoot your collection of ammo you already have for the Mrod but that's just my logic 😅 ...Oh and pay no mind to Pasadena Mike and FL22 they is harmless. Unless your a squirrel and you happen to find yourself in Fl22s yard and he's plinking.....
Yes, .25 to start with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back