PCP My S510 unboxing

I hand pumped it up to 250bar and it held overnight.

I zeroed the scope at 25 yards this morning JSB 18’s. Grouped effortlessly, love the trigger.

I wish it was longer and heavier but I can live with it.
So far the only things I didn’t like was the generic packaging with out foam and what ever is on the air tube at the breach it didn’t clean up.

Last edited:
.22 extra H ?

I zeroed the scope at 25 yards this morning JSB 18’s. Grouped effortlessly, love the trigger.

So far the only things I didn’t like was the generic packaging with out foam and what ever is on the air tube at the breach it didn’t clean up.
I was just not going to ask on the scratches in picture 6 ..

But ya .. that kinda money and that .. you'd think it come in a padded AA hard gun case then boxed up .

Maybe why pa got lots a referbs cause folks not accepting that ..🤔

Idk.. looking at the product picture at pa looks close ?
aapa.png

Last edited:
Ya it's not like a hatsan priced you shrug shoulders and move along ... I've got 200$ like gamo in scratched and well retail boxed . No excuse as being that sad ..

If not for the close ups and you self pointing it's a good looking gun and if it stacks pellets maybe can kinda forgive the blemishes some ..

Edit..
I apologize hatsan ... You make the effort

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You wish it was longer!?!? 🤣 How tall are you my guy?! Looking good, I just put an order in (was back ordered though) to swap out my fill fitting to a foster style. The AA one works well but kinda freaks me out and this way both of my pcps will fill with same connector. You zeroed for 25 yards....if it is like mine it will be on zero (med rings) out to 40! Keep us in the loop and enjoy! 🙏

You wish it was longer!?!? 🤣 How tall are you my guy?! Looking good, I just put an order in (was back ordered though) to swap out my fill fitting to a foster style. The AA one works well but kinda freaks me out and this way both of my pcps will fill with same connector. You zeroed for 25 yards....if it is like mine it will be on zero (med rings) out to 40! Keep us in the loop and enjoy! 🙏
I’m 6’1 and a “Big Guy” but not as big around as I am tall 😆.

I decided that the Hill is only for the S510. I’ll just use the Umarex pump for the Airacuda, I’ll think about getting external inline dryer for it depending on how much I like it.

I’m certain I’ll move it out further than 25 but it’s all I had time for this morning. I only had about an hour before I had to do other things. 👍

I’m 6’1 and a “Big Guy” but not as big around as I am tall 😆.

I decided that the Hill is only for the S510. I’ll just use the Umarex pump for the Airacuda, I’ll think about getting external inline dryer for it depending on how much I like it.

I’m certain I’ll move it out further than 25 but it’s all I had time for this morning. I only had about an hour before I had to do other things. 👍
Cool, I believe if you want heft you need to go laminate! Yeah I just meant let us know if your zero changes at all to 40Yards. Of my 4 air rifles it has the flatest/longest zero.

I zero for where the pests are at with it. 40 Yards for me. At 50Y I hold on the back feathers and it results in a clean body shot. Most consistent gun I own. My avatar picture is a 50Y 5 shot group with it. They all went into those 2 holes. I literally thought some were clean misses I had to walk up to see em for myself. Walmart table off of foam. It's just nice to see how my gun stacks up against others!

Last edited:
I'd think 50y zero should be a happy all day every day medium. Scoped that's where I set my springers . That AA for me would never see under 50y on regular days .. maybe a regular 75+ shooter .. but that's just me ..
50y is probably where I will eventually get it. Right now I’m fighting some reflexes because of the Origin. It had a very predictable shift in its POI it would steadily move up because of the EPT system. Basically I had to listen and count my shots to tell me where I need to hold. I’m still having to count because there’s no stop plate in the S510 magazine so I guess I’m just having to unlearn some things.

I zero for where the pests are at with it. 40 Yards for me. At 50Y I hold on the back feathers and it results in a clean body shot. Most consistent gun I own. My avatar picture is a 50Y 5 shot group with it. They all went into those 2 holes. I literally thought some were clean misses I had to walk up to see em for myself. Walmart table off of foam. It's just nice to see how my gun stacks up against others!
I can’t wait until I get comfortable shooting it. But I can say this, I used Florida_Man’s target this evening and the score was more than double than with the Origin.

I plan on using the Airacuda exclusively for all pesting needs in the future.

Last edited:
50y is probably where I will eventually get it. Right now I’m fighting some reflexes because of the Origin. It had a very predictable shift in its POI it would steadily move up because of the EPT system. Basically I had to listen and count my shots to tell me where I need to hold. I’m still having to count because there’s no stop plate in the S510 magazine so I guess I’m just having to unlearn some things.
The magazine on the S510 is definitely a love/hate thing 😋 Mostly love though! I have only ever double loaded once, the lever is nice and firm and teaches you fast. But I can't tell you how many times I have sighted in (hunting or target shooting) pulled trigger and all I got was a blast of air. 🤦‍♂️New style Brk mags will jam the cocking lever when you try to load an empty mag. Brilliant actually and uses a spring. Best thing about the AA system I like is when hunting I load 9 shots, slot empty mag spot into gun, decock it and now you can hunt with nothing in the chamber, Brilliant! Then load and shoot as required. Load spare mag with 9 rounds and good to go, if you load all 10 the last one will fall out into your pocket anyways usually.

The magazine on the S510 is definitely a love/hate thing 😋 Mostly love though! I have only ever double loaded once, the lever is nice and firm and teaches you fast. But I can't tell you how many times I have sighted in (hunting or target shooting) pulled trigger and all I got was a blast of air. 🤦‍♂️New style Brk mags will jam the cocking lever when you try to load and empty mag. Brilliant actually and uses a spring. Best thing about the AA system I like is when hunting I load 9 shots, slot empty mag spot into gun, decock it and now you can hunt with nothing in the chamber, Brilliant! Then load and shoot as required. Load spare mag with 9 rounds and good to go, if you load all 10 the last one will fall out into your pocket anyways usually.
I have been using a little Allen key and just pushed the pellet dome past the O-ring on the last one. But the way you do it with one empty is good too.

Is it bad for the gun for it to shoot empty? I know that for some it is, I just haven’t looked into it yet.

On your gun, do you leave the power adjuster set in a static position or do you change it?

Being that this is my first gun with an external adjuster, I was thinking of setting my target up at the 40 or 50 yards and and setting the adjuster at two or three and then go out to 75 yards and then turn the adjuster up to max? Does that make sense?

I have been using a little Allen key and just pushed the pellet dome past the O-ring on the last one. But the way you do it with one empty is good too.

Is it bad for the gun for it to shoot empty? I know that for some it is, I just haven’t looked into it yet.

On your gun, do you leave the power adjuster set in a static position or do you change it?

Being that this is my first gun with an external adjuster, I was thinking of setting my target up at the 40 or 50 yards and and setting the adjuster at two or three and then go out to 75 yards and then turn the adjuster up to max? Does that make sense?
That definitely makes no sense 🤭 Set it to full power and leave it. On these rifles you don't get more S-P-F with lower power. Dial down only for close work, kill shots, inside a building maybe etc. On power setting 3/4/5 it is fairly flat. 1 and 2 not so much. 100% fine to shoot it with no Ammo, but I don't do it on purpose. Also heads up if u dial power alot your first shot on higher setting won't actually be as fast as you expect and will hit low. Second round on that setting will shoot true. Dialing down is a non issue. The way they do it is genius buuuut downside: 55 shots is all u get no matter what. Also i have shot it off reg a few times - also no issue.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in fps at low vs high or any spot between ..

If low give you a 500fps. That's great if indoor or 10m,50' stuff the high your back to day 925 or whatever for any outdoor longer stuff ..

For me I think I'd like a flip out ss tray for casual shooting at the bench

https://www.carm-magazines.com/carm-single-shot-loader-for-air-arms-air-rifles.aspx

Or ... As a example
View attachment 5881
Yip with the crosman 14.3gr it was 550ish low to 965fps on high. You definitely need those if u want to single load the S510 without the mag. I just toss one in mag and slide mag in if I want single shot.

Yip with the crosman 14.3gr it was 550ish low to 965fps on high. You definitely need those if u want to single load the S510 without the mag. I just toss one in mag and slide mag in if I want single shot.
Sorry.. forgot ..

I figured if a pellet you wanted to shoot but did not fit/ or long/ or whatever in the mag that sst thing may help .. (???)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back