PCP Macavity Arms MA2 .30

Last edited:
I saw the Shot Show report and there is also a shorter carbine version with an 18" barrel too. What I am wondering and cou!d not tell from the ads is if the barrel system is actually a liner, or not, like FX. Is it? I like the low weight a lot. It would be nice if they also made a regular hunting stock to keep the gun sleeker, the height of bullpups and AR platforms is really starting to bug me lately. The barrels are all choked so the slug report should be interesting too, especially since the twist rates are slow. All the barrels have a different number of lands and grooves, so they didn't go cookie-cutter there either. Sooo many choices these days!

I saw the Shot Show report and there is also a shorter carbine version with an 18" barrel too. What I am wondering and cou!d not tell from the ads is if the barrel system is actually a liner, or not, like FX. Is it? I like the low weight a lot. It would be nice if they also made a regular hunting stock to keep the gun sleeker, the height of bullpups and AR platforms is really starting to bug me lately. The barrels are all choked so the slug report should be interesting too, especially since the twist rates are slow. All the barrels have a different number of lands and grooves, so they didn't go cookie-cutter there either. Sooo many choices these days!
This is one thing I'm planning to show in a video, to me it doesn't look like a true tensioned barrel because it's not large enough OD. To me it looks more like a liner but without actually taking it apart it's difficult to tell. If it was truly tensioned it shouldn't need a barrel band imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back