how about the squirrel setups?

@pan60 It’s camo wrap. I use it to cut down on standing out in the woods. It also helps keep from scratching parts of the guns. I hope that it helps the gun to blend in too. I add it to the grip for extra grip. Squirrels have a keen eye for spotting me from their trees.
My buddy is big on the camo wrap and duct tape. LoL .. just got to mind rust on steel stuff.

Here you may not see a squirrel for awhile then one day !boom! You step outside like a day or so ago and there all over . Mist of been 7 in this one oak out front nipping buds to chew or pruning for nest material..lol. Then if you don't get'em they get wise fast and scram the moment you pop up and run and hide way off ...lol
They were like rats over there. Came in one morning, and approx 30 plus squirrels were in one spot on the ground. They went down with 3 more visits. Left it alone for 4 months, and now back up there again in numbers.

The great part about squirrel hunting is that just about any airgun of moderate power is up to it! The only one I own that I wouldn't take with confidence is a Beeman R7.
That said, my "go-to" squirrel gun is a Benjamin Marauder .25 with synthetic stock and Hill airgun guts, paired with a UTG SWAT 3-12x44 scope...and a sling. :) The stock does well in the dense growth of the public hunting spaces available to me, and it has decent shot count and power for a good, long outing.
While not as pretty as my Daystate Huntsman HRXL .25, the Marauder gets 60% more shots @40fpe. Go figure....

The great part about squirrel hunting is that just about any airgun of moderate power is up to it! The only one I own that I wouldn't take with confidence is a Beeman R7.
That said, my "go-to" squirrel gun is a Benjamin Marauder .25 with synthetic stock and Hill airgun guts, paired with a UTG SWAT 3-12x44 scope...and a sling. :) The stock does well in the dense growth of the public hunting spaces available to me, and it has decent shot count and power for a good, long outing.
While not as pretty as my Daystate Huntsman HRXL .25, the Marauder gets 60% more shots @40fpe. Go figure....
@mobilemail C'mon now. You know we require photos. The OP said "...let's see those guns."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back