Self-Loading Got a Turkey with my Sidewinder

MichaelHunt

HAM Points
Country flag
Last fall I shot a hen turkey with my .30 Sidewinder. I managed to get her right below her neck offhand from around 30 yards as I was walking through the trees and brush along the Sacramento River in Glenn County. I didn't need the 11 other shots in my magazine, but I like option for quick follow ups if I need them! My 1322 is in the pistol holster.

She made a great dumpling soup.

mz29OL5 - Imgur.jpg

what part of the world you on?
we are not allowed to take turkey with anythig less then a shotgun here
I'm in California. We can't hunt big game or waterfowl with air guns out here, but we can take small game mammals and resident game birds. I might be wrong but I think turkeys are the largest animal we can legally hunt with air guns in California.

I'm in California. We can't hunt big game or waterfowl with air guns out here, but we can take small game mammals and resident game birds. I might be wrong but I think turkeys are the largest animal we can legally hunt with air guns in California.
Yeah and coyotes. I think there’s some goat too but I’ve never seen one in SoCal

what part of the world you on?
we are not allowed to take turkey with anythig less then a shotgun here
**In Florida during hunting season as long as you are following all the applicable rules and laws, currently you are allowed to use a PCP Air Rifle to take a deer as long as you use a minimum .30 and a turkey with a minimum .20 caliber.

**Disclaimer : This information is strictly my personal interpretation from reading the hunters handbook available online at the FWC. Any advice or statements made is given for an “entertainment purposes only scenario” and maybe false, misleading, or true**

Just dotting my i’s crossing my T’s and yada yada don’t knock on my door if you decide to do something stupid sort of thing. 😆

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back