First Close Look At New JSB Monster Pellets

1708641764259.png

Back in December 2023, HAM readers first heard about the new JSB Monster pellets. Now they are shipping and we can take a close look at the new Monsters in real life!

“Monster”, is a designator for JSB pellets which are heavier than “Heavy”. You can see the Hard Air Magazine guide to JSB pellet names here for more details.

In fact, we have received samples of four new JSB Monster pellets. These are as follows:

– 25.39 Grain Jumbo Monster Redesigned Shallow
– 25.39 Grain Jumbo Monster Redesigned Deep
– 28.55 Grain Jumbo Monster Grand
– 25.39 Grain Hades Monster .22

Note that the Hades pellets have a 5.50 mm head diameter, indicated by this label on the bottom of the tin.

HAM-JSB-3-4699113.jpg

The Jumbo Monsters have a head diameter specification of 5.52 mm, as we can see here.

HAM-JSB-2-9442955.jpg

Now let’s look at each of these new JSB Monster pellets in more detail…

25.39 Grain Jumbo Monster Redesigned Shallow​

The Redesigned, shallow skirt JSB Jumbo Monsters are the same as current production.

HAM-JSB-7-6104935.jpg

They are available in 200-count and 350-count tins.

JSB Monster Pellets

The photograph below shows the shallow skirt implementation.

JSB Monster Pellets

25.39 Grain Jumbo Monster Redesigned Deep​

The Redesigned Deep Skirt JSB Jumbo Monsters are a return to the original “Redesigned” pattern, with deep, thin skirts. That’s easily seen from the photograph below.

JSB Monster Pellets

Again, they will be available in 200- and 350-count tins.

HAM-JSB-6-3350442.jpg

28.55 Grain Jumbo Monster Grand​

These “heavier than heavy” Monsters are a new introduction and are clearly designed to keep pace with the ever-increasing power levels of .22 caliber PCP air rifles.

HAM-JSB-5-8487947.jpg

These are available in 150 count tins.

JSB Monster Pellets

25.39 Grain Hades Monster .22​

The 25.39 Grain Hades Monsters are a new model with a longer skirt than the existing 15.89 Grain 5.5 mm Hades pellets.

JSB Monster Pellets

Again these are packed in 150-count tins.

HAM-JSB-4-5199368.jpg

All the indications are that these new JSB Monster pellets are going to be in high demand. So you’ll need to get your orders in rapidly!

BUY FROM PYRAMYD

JSB Redesigned Exact Jumbo Monster Shallow Skirt .22 Cal, 25.39 Grains, Domed, 200ct 0.22

JSB Redesigned Exact Jumbo Monster Deep Skirt .22 Cal, 25.39Grains, Domed, 200ct 0.22

JSB Exact Jumbo Monster Grand .22 Cal, 28.55 Grains, Domed, 150ct 0.22

JSB Hades Monster .22 Cal, 25.39 Grains, Hollowpoint, 150ct 0.22

The post First Close Look At New JSB Monster Pellets appeared first on Hard Air Magazine.

Good day all, Dan from Canada here (we're always behind the US and UK in New offerings and in this case that's maybe a good thing!?) Just wondering I bought 2 Tins of monster redesigns this past fall and I have a tin of the older regular Jumbo Monsters as well. I got them thinking they would be food for my future Brk Ghost but the ones I have seem to be deep skirt varieties. Could I possibly posses the older (and more consistent) shooting MRDs?! These definitely aren't shallow skirted, I'd say it stops 1/3 up the pellet body.

Attachments

• 20240222_192705.jpg
    20240222_192705.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240222_192714.jpg
    20240222_192714.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 11
Good day all, Dan from Canada here (we're always behind the US and UK in New offerings and in this case that's maybe a good thing!?) Just wondering I bought 2 Tins of monster redesigns this past fall and I have a tin of the older regular Jumbo Monsters as well. I got them thinking they would be food for my future Brk Ghost but the ones I have seem to be deep skirt varieties. Could I possibly posses the older (and more consistent) shooting MRDs?! These definitely aren't shallow skirted, I'd say it stops 1/3 up the pellet body.
Look at the numbers on the back of the tin
Last two digits are the year of manufacture.

I have both variants of the new redesigned. My older redesigned manufactured 22, look like neither of the new depths.
Something in between the new variants.

I'll get some pictures at the weekend. All 3 versions.

I have both variants of the new redesigned. My older redesigned manufactured 22, look like neither of the new depths.

Well drat no date on these JSB tins at all. Not on inside of lid either. My AA pellets have that sticker on the back at least. Canadian safety jokes, I mean laws strike again. Also.....How can I load them if I'm not allowed to touch them?! 🧐😂🙄 I'd guess 8/01/20?

Attachments

• 20240223_194649.jpg
    20240223_194649.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 9
Well drat no date on these JSB tins at all. Not on inside of lid either. My AA pellets have that sticker on the back at least. Canadian safety jokes, I mean laws strike again. Also.....How can I load them if I'm not allowed to touch them?! 🧐😂🙄 I'd guess 8/01/20?
at least you know not to put them in youur mouth and to wash your hands?

Measured with my cheap calipers, so not to be taken as fact.😉
Shallow 1.85 mm
Deep. 2.33 mm
2022. 2.20 mm

Left to right. Deep, shallow, 22 batch.

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_115949.jpg
    IMG_20240225_115949.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240225_120259.jpg
    IMG_20240225_120259.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 4
It's cool you have all 3 now to try against, hopefully JSB has em consistent now🙏 Im sure like most pellets certain guns/barrels will prefer different versions. Have you shot the new stuff yet?
I've had the new redesigned since last year.

My 2 RTI prophet's like the deep, Daystate regal prefers the shallow.

Mostly tested at 72 yards, the length of my yard. They like speed.
One hole groups mainly. Im happy, just hope the quality remains good.

I'm once more converted to the redesigned.
Despite having 19 of the older tins😮, I've have realised that head sizing helps minimise the fliers, boring but slowly it will happen.

I've saved enough new redesigned for testing at distance, winters almost over 🙂.

I've not really tested the Grand monster yet. 1.850g. saving those for a dry sunny day. Plus most my fac are set up for 25gr at the moment.

Oops, almost forgot, I was having a few fliers and larger groups with a RTI prophet 2.
Realised I had been using slugs prior, barrel cleaning sorted that. Perfect.

In my experience so far, both the shallow and the deep have a place.

Hopefully others will also have a positive experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back